• Redshirted while wrestling at heavyweight for the Cavaliers
• Posted a 13-9 record and competed in six open tournaments and the Southern Scuffle (1/1-2)
• Wrestled at the Clarion Open (11/5), Wolfpack Open (11/19), Mat Town Open (11/26), Cleveland State
Open (12/16), Appalachian Open (1/27) and the National Collegiate Open (2/25)
• Finished second at the National Collegiate Open (2/25) with a 4-1 record
• Went 7-3 in matches decided by bonus points, with three falls, two tech falls and two major decisions
• Four-year letterwinner at Archer High School under head coach Keith Jannett
• Posted a 135-11 record at Archer High School
• No. 6 ranked wrestler at 220 pounds by InterMat
• No. 71 ranked wrestler overall by FloWrestling
• NHSCA Junior Nationals Runner-Up
• Two-time state champion at 220 pounds (2015, 2017) and one runner-up finish (2016)
• Also turned in a runner-up finish at 182 pounds in the state championships (2014)
• Dapper Dan winner
• Also lettered four years in football
• 2017 first-team selection at linebacker by the Georgia Sports Writers Association
• 2017 Archer High School Tiger Award winner and Male Athlete of the Year
• Set school records for tackles (364), tackles for loss (31) and sacks (15)
• Son of Perry and Dagney Miller
• Has two brothers, Jesse and Garrett
• Brother, Jesse, wrestled at Newberry College and Shorter University
• Two-year peer leader for church group working with special needs students
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Mueller Sets Sights on World Title
Wrestling | 6/11/2018
Early this month, rising junior Jack Mueller clinched a spot on the U.S. team for the U23...
Mueller Secures Spot On U23 World Team
Wrestling | 6/3/2018
Rising junior Jack Mueller secured a spot on the U23 World Team when he won his weight class at...
UVA Wrestlers Open Competition At U23 World Team Trials...
Wrestling | 6/1/2018
Twelve members of the Virginia wrestling team compete for a spot on the U23 World Team at the...
Virginia Wrestlers Achieve Academic Success In Spring Semester
Wrestling | 5/22/2018
Members of the Virginia wrestling program achieved academic success this spring with five earning...
Cavaliers Experience Success At 2018 US Open Championships
Wrestling | 4/30/2018
Members of the UVA wrestling program and the Cavalier Wrestling Club RTC experienced success over...
NWCA Tabs Atkinson, Hayes As All-Academic Selections
Wrestling | 4/23/2018
The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has tabbed Virginia wrestlers Andrew Atkinson...
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 04/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 03/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
- Online Stores