Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
Eleven Cavaliers place in tournament
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Cavaliers win at seven of 10 weight classes
• Posted 9-7 record, including 2-3 mark in UVa duals
• Placed third at Hokie Open (11/9) and Mat Town Open (11/30)
• All but one of his bouts came at 184 pounds; wrestled at 197 for dual against North Dakota State and scored key 7-4 decision over Collin Sohn
• Four of his nine wins were by major decision
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Was 10-10, including 4-2 in duals
• Posted three wins in Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Scored pair of victories in Southern Scuffle (1/1)
• Wrestled in UVa's ACC duals against North Carolina and NC State
• Redshirt season
• Went 7-8 while competing unattached in tournaments
ST. EDWARD HIGH SCHOOL
• State runner-up at 195 pounds in 2012
• Placed third at 189 at 2011 state championships
• Took third at 2012 Ironman
• Placed first at NHSCA Sophomore National Championships
• Coached by Greg Urbas
• Also played football (middle linebacker) in 2009 and lacrosse (midfielder) in 2009-10
• Parents are Jason and Jennifer Suvak
• Father wrestled at Cleveland State and mother played softball and basketball at Cleveland State
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Jason
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 4/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/6/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/03/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
Virginia Competes At ACC Wrestling Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/02/2018
The Virginia wrestling team competes for a sixth ACC Championship on Saturday at North Carolina's...
- Online Stores