Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
Eleven Cavaliers place in tournament
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Cavaliers win at seven of 10 weight classes
• Posted 9-7 record, including 2-3 mark in UVa duals
• Placed third at Hokie Open (11/9) and Mat Town Open (11/30)
• All but one of his bouts came at 184 pounds; wrestled at 197 for dual against North Dakota State and scored key 7-4 decision over Collin Sohn
• Four of his nine wins were by major decision
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Was 10-10, including 4-2 in duals
• Posted three wins in Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Scored pair of victories in Southern Scuffle (1/1)
• Wrestled in UVa's ACC duals against North Carolina and NC State
• Redshirt season
• Went 7-8 while competing unattached in tournaments
ST. EDWARD HIGH SCHOOL
• State runner-up at 195 pounds in 2012
• Placed third at 189 at 2011 state championships
• Took third at 2012 Ironman
• Placed first at NHSCA Sophomore National Championships
• Coached by Greg Urbas
• Also played football (middle linebacker) in 2009 and lacrosse (midfielder) in 2009-10
• Parents are Jason and Jennifer Suvak
• Father wrestled at Cleveland State and mother played softball and basketball at Cleveland State
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Jason
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
DiCamillo Finishes Runner-Up At NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/18/2017
Virginia senior George DiCamillo matched the best individual finish in program history, finishing...
DiCamillo Advances To Finals Of NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/17/2017
Redshirt senior George DiCamillo advanced to the NCAA Championships finals and earned All-America...
DiCamillo, Mueller Advance To NCAA Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/16/2017
George DiCamillo and Jack Mueller both advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships to...
Virginia Opens NCAA Wrestling Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/15/2017
The Virginia wrestling team looks to close out the 2016-17 season with a strong performance as...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2017 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/8/2017
George DiCamillo and Jack Mueller both earned national seeds with the release of the brackets for...
Six Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 3/4/2017
George DiCamillo finished second at the ACC Championships, leading a group of six Cavaliers to...
Virginia Wrestles At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/03/2017
The Virginia wrestling team begins the postseason on Saturday (March 4) when it competes at the...
Jeff White: DiCamillo's Legacy Secure at UVA
Wrestling | 03/01/2017
Saturday in Raleigh, N.C., George DiCamillo will try to become the first four-time ACC champion...
- Online Stores