Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
Eleven Cavaliers place in tournament
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Cavaliers win at seven of 10 weight classes
• Posted 9-7 record, including 2-3 mark in UVa duals
• Placed third at Hokie Open (11/9) and Mat Town Open (11/30)
• All but one of his bouts came at 184 pounds; wrestled at 197 for dual against North Dakota State and scored key 7-4 decision over Collin Sohn
• Four of his nine wins were by major decision
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Was 10-10, including 4-2 in duals
• Posted three wins in Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Scored pair of victories in Southern Scuffle (1/1)
• Wrestled in UVa's ACC duals against North Carolina and NC State
• Redshirt season
• Went 7-8 while competing unattached in tournaments
ST. EDWARD HIGH SCHOOL
• State runner-up at 195 pounds in 2012
• Placed third at 189 at 2011 state championships
• Took third at 2012 Ironman
• Placed first at NHSCA Sophomore National Championships
• Coached by Greg Urbas
• Also played football (middle linebacker) in 2009 and lacrosse (midfielder) in 2009-10
• Parents are Jason and Jennifer Suvak
• Father wrestled at Cleveland State and mother played softball and basketball at Cleveland State
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Jason
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Mueller Sets Sights on World Title
Wrestling | 6/11/2018
Early this month, rising junior Jack Mueller clinched a spot on the U.S. team for the U23...
Mueller Secures Spot On U23 World Team
Wrestling | 6/3/2018
Rising junior Jack Mueller secured a spot on the U23 World Team when he won his weight class at...
UVA Wrestlers Open Competition At U23 World Team Trials...
Wrestling | 6/1/2018
Twelve members of the Virginia wrestling team compete for a spot on the U23 World Team at the...
Virginia Wrestlers Achieve Academic Success In Spring Semester
Wrestling | 5/22/2018
Members of the Virginia wrestling program achieved academic success this spring with five earning...
Cavaliers Experience Success At 2018 US Open Championships
Wrestling | 4/30/2018
Members of the UVA wrestling program and the Cavalier Wrestling Club RTC experienced success over...
NWCA Tabs Atkinson, Hayes As All-Academic Selections
Wrestling | 4/23/2018
The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has tabbed Virginia wrestlers Andrew Atkinson...
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 04/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 03/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
- Online Stores