Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
Eleven Cavaliers place in tournament
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Cavaliers win at seven of 10 weight classes
• Posted 9-7 record, including 2-3 mark in UVa duals
• Placed third at Hokie Open (11/9) and Mat Town Open (11/30)
• All but one of his bouts came at 184 pounds; wrestled at 197 for dual against North Dakota State and scored key 7-4 decision over Collin Sohn
• Four of his nine wins were by major decision
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Was 10-10, including 4-2 in duals
• Posted three wins in Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Scored pair of victories in Southern Scuffle (1/1)
• Wrestled in UVa's ACC duals against North Carolina and NC State
• Redshirt season
• Went 7-8 while competing unattached in tournaments
ST. EDWARD HIGH SCHOOL
• State runner-up at 195 pounds in 2012
• Placed third at 189 at 2011 state championships
• Took third at 2012 Ironman
• Placed first at NHSCA Sophomore National Championships
• Coached by Greg Urbas
• Also played football (middle linebacker) in 2009 and lacrosse (midfielder) in 2009-10
• Parents are Jason and Jennifer Suvak
• Father wrestled at Cleveland State and mother played softball and basketball at Cleveland State
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Jason
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Three Cavaliers Win Titles At Mat Town Open II On Saturday
Wrestling | 2/17/2018
Three freshmen members of the Virginia wrestling team won titles on Saturday, while a fourth took...
Virginia Drops Final ACC Dual Of Season At Pittsburgh
Wrestling | 2/16/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closed out the dual portion of the season on Friday night, falling at...
Virginia Closes ACC Schedule At Pittsburgh On Friday
Wrestling | 2/15/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closes out the dual portion, and ACC portion, of the schedule on...
GET TO KNOW: Drew Peck
Wrestling | 2/12/2018
The Cavaliers close out ACC competition at Pitt this weekend and you can get to know more about...
Virginia Drops 22-18 Dual Match With No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday
Wrestling | 2/11/2018
A dual that featured several back-and-forth bouts went the way of the Hokies as Virginia fell to ...
Virginia Hosts No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday On Senior Day
Wrestling | 2/9/2018
The Virginia wrestling team will host No. 9 Virginia Tech in a 1 p.m. dual on Sunday at Memorial ...
GET TO KNOW: Sam Krivus
Wrestling | 02/05/2018
Get to know more about redshirt sophomore and 2017 NCAA qualifier Sam Krivus as we prepare for...
Virginia Drops Tight Dual Match At Duke Saturday
Wrestling | 02/03/2018
Bonus points provided the margin of victory on Saturday as Virginia dropped a tight dual match at...
- Online Stores