DiCamillo and Sulzer Capture Individual Championships
DiCamillo earns top seed at 133 pounds
Cavaliers win seven of 10 bouts in ACC opener
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
• Posted an 11-6 record through two tournaments and eight dual meets
• Claimed the championship at 149 pounds at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 5-0
• Posted wins over Miles Patton of No. 24 Minnesota and Blake Monty of Grand Canyon at the Gopher
• Advanced to day two at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2), going 3-2
• Picked up a win over Darren Ostrander of VMI (1/8)
• Went 7-8 at 149 pounds, including 4-4 mark in UVa duals
• Placed fourth at 149 pounds at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Pinned 11th-ranked Sal Mastriani of Virginia Tech at ACCs
• Earned 12-3 major decision over Duke’s Marcus Cain in dual action (1/16)
• Went 15-4 while competing unattached at 149 pounds during redshirt season
• Won 149-pound championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Earned runner-up honors at Mat Town Open (12/1)
• Won five bouts at Wolfpack Open (11/17), including 4-1 decision over ODU's Alexander Richardson, who earned No. 16 seed at 2014 NCAA Championships
CAMDEN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• State champion
• Placed third three times at New Jersey state championships
• Four-year varsity letterwinner
• Coached by Ryan McCormick at Camden Catholic
• Parents are Brian and Lisa Miller
• Has one sister, Lauren, and one brother, Ryan
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Mueller, Hayes Place At Cliff Keen Invitational Saturday
Wrestling | 12/2/2017
Jack Mueller and Louie Hayes finished third and seventh in their weight classes to lead Virginia ...
Mueller Advances To Semifinals At Cliff Keen Invitational
Wrestling | 12/1/2017
Sophomore Jack Mueller advanced to the semifinals of the Cliff Keen Invitational, one of four...
Virginia Opens Cliff Keen Invitational Friday
Wrestling | 11/30/2017
Virginia begins competition on Friday at the Cliff Keen Las Vegas Invitational with 10 wrestlers ...
Virginia Drops Tight Dual Match To No. 4 Missouri
Wrestling | 11/26/2017
Bonus points proved key on Sunday as Virginia dropped a tight dual match to No. 4 Missouri by a...
Five Wrestlers Place For Cavaliers At Mat-Town Open Sunday
Wrestling | 11/26/2017
Five wrestlers placed at the Mat-Town Open on Sunday afternoon to lead a group of seven Virginia ...
Virginia Hosts No. 4 Missouri In Sunday Dual Meet
Wrestling | 11/25/2017
Virginia continues to wrestle at home on Sunday afternoon, hosting No. 4 Missouri in a 1 p.m....
Six Cavaliers Compete At Wolfpack Open On Sunday
Wrestling | 11/19/2017
Cam Coy finished second and Sam Book took sixth to lead six Cavaliers in competition at the...
Virginia Takes Down Gardner-Webb 30-11 In Home Opener
Wrestling | 11/17/2017
Early bonus-point victories set the tone for Virginia on Friday as the Cavaliers defeated Gardner...
- Online Stores