DiCamillo and Sulzer Capture Individual Championships
DiCamillo earns top seed at 133 pounds
Cavaliers win seven of 10 bouts in ACC opener
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
• Posted an 11-6 record through two tournaments and eight dual meets
• Claimed the championship at 149 pounds at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 5-0
• Posted wins over Miles Patton of No. 24 Minnesota and Blake Monty of Grand Canyon at the Gopher
• Advanced to day two at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2), going 3-2
• Picked up a win over Darren Ostrander of VMI (1/8)
• Went 7-8 at 149 pounds, including 4-4 mark in UVa duals
• Placed fourth at 149 pounds at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Pinned 11th-ranked Sal Mastriani of Virginia Tech at ACCs
• Earned 12-3 major decision over Duke’s Marcus Cain in dual action (1/16)
• Went 15-4 while competing unattached at 149 pounds during redshirt season
• Won 149-pound championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Earned runner-up honors at Mat Town Open (12/1)
• Won five bouts at Wolfpack Open (11/17), including 4-1 decision over ODU's Alexander Richardson, who earned No. 16 seed at 2014 NCAA Championships
CAMDEN CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
• State champion
• Placed third three times at New Jersey state championships
• Four-year varsity letterwinner
• Coached by Ryan McCormick at Camden Catholic
• Parents are Brian and Lisa Miller
• Has one sister, Lauren, and one brother, Ryan
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
NWCA Tabs Atkinson, Hayes As All-Academic Selections
Wrestling | 4/23/2018
The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has tabbed Virginia wrestlers Andrew Atkinson...
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 4/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 03/06/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/03/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
- Online Stores