Six Cavaliers pick up wins in UVA's first ACC victory
DiCamillo and Sulzer Capture Individual Championships
DiCamillo earns top seed at 133 pounds
Cavaliers drop second straight ACC road dual
Cavaliers top The Citadel and No. 17 Rider Friday, will face No. 10 Edinboro Saturday
• Placed third at the ACC Championships at 174 pounds
• Posted a 15-13 record, wrestling at 174 and 184 pounds
• Went 9-10 at 184 pounds through the first half of the season
• Went 6-2 at the Nittany Lion Open to finish in fifth place
• Posted 6-3 mark at 174 pounds, including a 3-1 record at the ACC Championships (3/6)
• Defeated Nicky Hall of NC State twice in the ACC Championships
• Went 16-16 during redshirt freshman season
• Placed fourth at ACC Championships (3/8)
• Took runner-up honors at Mat Town Open (11/30) and Hokie Open (11/9)
• Finished sixth at Wolfpack Open (11/16)
• Scored 4-2 win over North Carolina’s Scott Marmoll in ACC dual (2/7)
• Recorded pair of wins at Southern Scuffle (1/1)
• Redshirt season
• Posted 20-10 record at 174 pounds while competing unattached in six open tournaments
• Placed in five of the six tournaments
• Took second place at Mat Town Open (11/30) and third at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Scored fourth-place finishes at Cleveland State Open (12/14) and Franklin & Marshall Open (1/4)
• Notched sixth place at Hokie Open (11/10)
NORTHGATE HIGH SCHOOL
• State champion
• NHSCA champion
• Junior national runner-up
• Coached by Adrian Anderson
• Son of Dan and Missy Askey
• Father played football at Michigan State
• Has two sisters, Marissa and Lauren
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Four Cavaliers Claim Titles At U.S. Collegiate Championships
Wrestling | 2/19/2017
Four wrestlers claimed titles for the Cavaliers in competition at the U.S. Collegiate...
Virginia Wrestlers Set To Compete At U.S. Western Open Sunday
Wrestling | 2/18/2017
Six members of the Virginia wrestling team head west to compete at the U.S. Western National Open...
No. 23 Virginia Drops Tight Dual With No. 24 Pittsburgh
Wrestling | 2/12/2017
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team dropped a tight dual match with No. 24 Pittsburgh on Sunday to...
No. 23 Virginia Hosts No. 24 Pittsburgh Sunday
Wrestling | 2/11/2017
The No. 23 Virginia wrestling team hosts No. 24 Pittsburgh at 1 p.m. Sunday in a dual match at...
DiCamillo Named ACC Wrestler Of The Week
Wrestling | 2/7/2017
Redshirt senior George DiCamillo has been named the ACC Wrestler of the Week, the league office...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats Duke Sunday In Road Dual
Wrestling | 2/5/2017
The No. 24 Virginia Cavaliers won six weight classes to pick up a 23-14 win over Duke on the road...
No. 24 Virginia Takes Down No. 25 North Carolina
Wrestling | 02/04/2017
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team went on the road Saturday and used bonus points to pick up a...
No. 24 Virginia Travels To No. 25 UNC, Duke
Wrestling | 02/03/2017
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team travels to face No. 25 North Carolina on Saturday and face...
- Online Stores