Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Fourth-seeded Cavaliers open against Bucknell at 9 a.m. Friday
Moore wins 157-pound title; Snyder earns award for most pins in least amount of time
• Posted a 5-9 record at 141 pounds
• Missed part of the season due to injury
• Finished fifth at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 3-2 at the event
• Won matches at dual meets with No. 25 North Dakota State and South Dakota State
• Defeated Mitchell Friedman (NDSU) in 11-5 decision to help UVA to the victory on 11/6
• Defeated Seth Gross (SDSU) at the Gopher Duals (11/7)
• Won his lone bout of season, pinning Anderson’s Conor Caffrey in UVa’s season-opening dual (11/2)
• Missed remainder of season with injury
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Did not compete because of injury
• Redshirt season
• Went 15-5 while competing unattached
• Placed in three tournaments at 133 pounds
• Took third place at Mat Town Open (11/24) and fifth at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Finished sixth at Southern Scuffle (1/2); lone losses came to top-10 foes - No. 8 Jon Morrison of Oklahoma State and No. 7 Nathan McCormick of Missouri
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
BAYLOR HIGH SCHOOL
• Just the second five-time state champion in Tennessee history
• Posted 200-4 record while in high school
• Named TSSAA Outstanding Wrestler in 2008 and 2012
• Named Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year in 2012 Best of Preps
• Placed second at Sophomore Nationals, third at Junior Nationals and fifth at Senior Nationals
• Took sixth place at 2011 Super 32
• Member of National Honor Society, Honor Council and Real Circle; chairman of Honor Council his senior year
• Coached by Ben Nelson
• Parents are Bill and Patty Watson
• Has one brother, Will
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Picks Up 34-11 Win At No. 24 Chattanooga
Wrestling | 12/4/2016
Virginia got a pair of tech falls and three pins in the first six matches Sunday on the way to a ...
Virginia Takes Down Gardner-Webb With 22-18 Victory
Wrestling | 12/2/2016
Virginia got bonus points in four of its five match wins on Friday as the Cavaliers defeated...
Virginia Travels To Gardner-Webb, No. 25 Chattanooga
Wrestling | 12/1/2016
The Virginia wrestling team hits the road this weekend for road dual matches at Gardner-Webb and ...
Mason Wins Title For Virginia At Mat Town Open
Wrestling | 11/27/2016
Senior Will Mason claimed the championship at 133 pounds to lead Virginia at the Mat Town Open on...
Virginia Competes At Mat Town Open On Sunday
Wrestling | 11/26/2016
Members of the Virginia wrestling team continue competition this weekend at the Mat Town Open...
Virginia Defeats Lock Haven and Maryland in Tri-Meet
Wrestling | 11/20/2016
The Virginia wrestling team defeated Lock Haven, 24-16, and Maryland, 22-13, in its first home...
Virginia Hosts Lock Haven, Maryland Sunday
Wrestling | 11/19/2016
Virginia hosts home competition for the first time this season Sunday, welcoming Lock Haven and...
Virginia Drops Dual Match At No. 17 Central Michigan
Wrestling | 11/13/2016
Virginia got wins from Ray Bethea, George DiCamillo and Jack Mueller on Sunday at No. 17 Central ...
- Online Stores