Cavalier grapplers excel in the classroom and achieve success on the mat
Krivus, McClure, Mason and Schany win weight classes at event hosted by Air Force
Atkinson, DiCamillo and Mueller grab bonus point victories to pace Cavalier offense
Four Cavaliers place in annual event hosted by Lock Haven
Cavalier junior sets program standard with nutrition, fitness
• Posted a 3-3 record after battling injury early in the season
• Went 3-2 at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2) in his first action of the season
• Dropped an 8-4 decision to Sean Fausz at No. 3 NC State (1/17)
• Was 9-8 at 125 pounds, including 3-4 mark in UVa duals
• Selected to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fifth at 125 at Hokie Open, going 4-1 with lone loss coming to eventual NCAA runner-up Zeke Moisey of West Virginia (11/9)
• Posted pair of wins at Southern Scuffle before exiting tournament with injury (1/1); scored 4-2 decision over NCAA qualifier Evan Silver in his first bout at Scuffle
• Posted 11-3 record at 125 pounds, including 2-0 mark in duals
• Competed in three open tournaments, placing in two
• Won the 125 championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Took runner-up honors at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned bonus points in each of his dual wins: pin against Anderson's Cory Monteforte (11/2) and major decision against VMI's Dalton Henderson (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Competed in seven open tournaments at 125 pounds, compiling 18-13 record
• Placed in each of his final three tournaments
• Was runner-up at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Placed fourth at Edinboro Open (2/9) and National Collegiate Open (2/24)
CAPE HENRY COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
• Four-time Virginia Private State Champion
• Four-time Prep All-American
• Posted 202-22 career record
• 2011 Beast of the East Champion (120 pounds)
• 2010 Prep National Champion (103 pounds)
• Named school's Senior Male Athlete of the Year
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Jack Effner
• Also was midfielder on lacrosse team for four years
• Member of Spanish National Honor Society
• Parents are Mike and Karen Mason
• Has two brothers, Cole and Drew; Cole wrestled at Division III Cornell College
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
*denotes redshirt season
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wrestling Announces 2017 Recruiting Class
Wrestling | 5/12/2017
Virginia head wrestling coach Steve Garland announced the 2017 recruiting class on Friday, a...
Travis Paulson Joins UVA Wrestling As Assistant Coach
Wrestling | 5/2/2017
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the addition of three-time All-American Travis...
Five Wrestlers Named ACC All-Academic Team Selections
Wrestling | 4/17/2017
Five Virginia wrestlers were named to the ACC All-Academic Team on Monday for excellence in the...
DiCamillo, Mueller Take Pair Of ACC Awards
Wrestling | 3/28/2017
George DiCamillo was named ACC Wrestler of the Year and Jack Mueller was named ACC Freshman of...
DiCamillo Finishes Runner-Up At NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/18/2017
Virginia senior George DiCamillo matched the best individual finish in program history, finishing...
DiCamillo Advances To Finals Of NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/17/2017
Redshirt senior George DiCamillo advanced to the NCAA Championships finals and earned All-America...
DiCamillo, Mueller Advance To NCAA Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 03/16/2017
George DiCamillo and Jack Mueller both advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships to...
Virginia Opens NCAA Wrestling Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 03/15/2017
The Virginia wrestling team looks to close out the 2016-17 season with a strong performance as...
- Online Stores