Cavalier grapplers excel in the classroom and achieve success on the mat
Krivus, McClure, Mason and Schany win weight classes at event hosted by Air Force
Atkinson, DiCamillo and Mueller grab bonus point victories to pace Cavalier offense
Four Cavaliers place in annual event hosted by Lock Haven
Cavalier junior sets program standard with nutrition, fitness
• Posted a 17-9 record on the season, including a 10-6 mark in dual matches
• Went 3-2 in ACC dual matches to earn the two-seed at ACC Championships
• Champion at 133 pounds at the Mat Town Open and US Collegiate Championships
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll for the fourth time
• Posted a 3-3 record after battling injury early in the season
• Went 3-2 at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2) in his first action of the season
• Dropped an 8-4 decision to Sean Fausz at No. 3 NC State (1/17)
• Was 9-8 at 125 pounds, including 3-4 mark in UVa duals
• Selected to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fifth at 125 at Hokie Open, going 4-1 with lone loss coming to eventual NCAA runner-up Zeke Moisey of West Virginia (11/9)
• Posted pair of wins at Southern Scuffle before exiting tournament with injury (1/1); scored 4-2 decision over NCAA qualifier Evan Silver in his first bout at Scuffle
• Posted 11-3 record at 125 pounds, including 2-0 mark in duals
• Competed in three open tournaments, placing in two
• Won the 125 championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Took runner-up honors at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned bonus points in each of his dual wins: pin against Anderson's Cory Monteforte (11/2) and major decision against VMI's Dalton Henderson (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Competed in seven open tournaments at 125 pounds, compiling 18-13 record
• Placed in each of his final three tournaments
• Was runner-up at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Placed fourth at Edinboro Open (2/9) and National Collegiate Open (2/24)
CAPE HENRY COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
• Four-time Virginia Private State Champion
• Four-time Prep All-American
• Posted 202-22 career record
• 2011 Beast of the East Champion (120 pounds)
• 2010 Prep National Champion (103 pounds)
• Named school's Senior Male Athlete of the Year
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Jack Effner
• Also was midfielder on lacrosse team for four years
• Member of Spanish National Honor Society
• Parents are Mike and Karen Mason
• Has two brothers, Cole and Drew; Cole wrestled at Division III Cornell College
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
*denotes redshirt season
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Three Cavaliers Win Titles At Mat Town Open II On Saturday
Wrestling | 2/17/2018
Three freshmen members of the Virginia wrestling team won titles on Saturday, while a fourth took...
Virginia Drops Final ACC Dual Of Season At Pittsburgh
Wrestling | 2/16/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closed out the dual portion of the season on Friday night, falling at...
Virginia Closes ACC Schedule At Pittsburgh On Friday
Wrestling | 2/15/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closes out the dual portion, and ACC portion, of the schedule on...
GET TO KNOW: Drew Peck
Wrestling | 2/12/2018
The Cavaliers close out ACC competition at Pitt this weekend and you can get to know more about...
Virginia Drops 22-18 Dual Match With No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday
Wrestling | 2/11/2018
A dual that featured several back-and-forth bouts went the way of the Hokies as Virginia fell to ...
Virginia Hosts No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday On Senior Day
Wrestling | 2/9/2018
The Virginia wrestling team will host No. 9 Virginia Tech in a 1 p.m. dual on Sunday at Memorial ...
GET TO KNOW: Sam Krivus
Wrestling | 02/05/2018
Get to know more about redshirt sophomore and 2017 NCAA qualifier Sam Krivus as we prepare for...
Virginia Drops Tight Dual Match At Duke Saturday
Wrestling | 02/03/2018
Bonus points provided the margin of victory on Saturday as Virginia dropped a tight dual match at...
- Online Stores