Cavalier junior sets program standard with nutrition, fitness
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Bison claim final four bouts
Three Cavaliers advance to semifinals on Saturday
Cavaliers top Bison, 20-15, and Bulldogs, 33-3
• Posted a 3-3 record after battling injury early in the season
• Went 3-2 at the Southern Scuffle (1/1-1/2) in his first action of the season
• Dropped an 8-4 decision to Sean Fausz at No. 3 NC State (1/17)
• Was 9-8 at 125 pounds, including 3-4 mark in UVa duals
• Selected to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fifth at 125 at Hokie Open, going 4-1 with lone loss coming to eventual NCAA runner-up Zeke Moisey of West Virginia (11/9)
• Posted pair of wins at Southern Scuffle before exiting tournament with injury (1/1); scored 4-2 decision over NCAA qualifier Evan Silver in his first bout at Scuffle
• Posted 11-3 record at 125 pounds, including 2-0 mark in duals
• Competed in three open tournaments, placing in two
• Won the 125 championship at Appalachian State Open (1/25)
• Took runner-up honors at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned bonus points in each of his dual wins: pin against Anderson's Cory Monteforte (11/2) and major decision against VMI's Dalton Henderson (11/10)
• Redshirt season
• Competed in seven open tournaments at 125 pounds, compiling 18-13 record
• Placed in each of his final three tournaments
• Was runner-up at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Placed fourth at Edinboro Open (2/9) and National Collegiate Open (2/24)
CAPE HENRY COLLEGIATE SCHOOL
• Four-time Virginia Private State Champion
• Four-time Prep All-American
• Posted 202-22 career record
• 2011 Beast of the East Champion (120 pounds)
• 2010 Prep National Champion (103 pounds)
• Named school's Senior Male Athlete of the Year
• Two-time team captain
• Coached by Jack Effner
• Also was midfielder on lacrosse team for four years
• Member of Spanish National Honor Society
• Parents are Mike and Karen Mason
• Has two brothers, Cole and Drew; Cole wrestled at Division III Cornell College
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
*denotes redshirt season
Cavalier Football Notebook: Duke WeekFootball9/29/16Sophomore Olamide Zaccheaus is the leading receiver for Virginia, which opens ACC play Saturday afternoon against Duke in Durham, N.C.Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces Hiring Of Mark Ellis As Assistant Coach
Wrestling | 9/24/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the hiring of NCAA Champion and two-time All-American...
Virginia Announces 2016-17 Wrestling Schedule
Wrestling | 8/30/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced the 2016-17 wrestling schedule on Tuesday, with dual ...
Three Virginia Wrestlers Named NWCA All-Academic
Wrestling | 5/9/2016
Three members of the Virginia wrestling team were selected as NWCA All-Academic honorees the...
Five Wrestlers Named All-ACC Academic Team Selections
Wrestling | 4/26/2016
Five members of the Virginia wrestling team were named All-ACC Academic Team selections the...
Virginia Announces Addition Of Edwin Rubio For 2016-17
Wrestling | 4/13/2016
Virginia head coach announced Wednesday that heavyweight Edwin Rubio has signed a financial aid...
Jay Aiello To Join Virginia Wrestling Program
Wrestling | 4/4/2016
Virginia head coach Steve Garland announced Monday that Jay Aiello has signed a financial aid...
DiCamillo's Run Ends At NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 03/18/2016
George DiCamillo's run at the NCAA Championships ended on a late near fall Friday night in the...
DiCamillo Through To NCAA Round of 12
Wrestling | 03/18/2016
Virginia redshirt junior George DiCamillo advanced to the NCAA Round of 12 where he will face...
- Online Stores