Atkinson, DiCamillo and Mueller grab bonus point victories to pace Cavalier offense
Three Cavaliers advance to semifinals on Saturday
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
No. 13 Cavaliers top No. 14 Edinboro, 20-19, to earn title
• Posted an 8-14 mark on the season
• Moved up to 174 pounds for one dual match vs. Lock Haven at the Virginia Duals (1/13)
• Also moved up to wrestle at 157 pounds vs. Duke (2/5)
• Runner-up finish at 149 pounds at the National Collegiate Open (2/26)
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll for the fifth time
• Finished in third place at the ACC Championships
• Defeated Beau Donahue (NC State) twice on the way to third place
• Posted a fall over Donahue in the opening round, and a SV decision in the third-place match, also
defeated Robert Lee (Pitt) by a 4-3 decision
• Only loss came to Evan Henderson (UNC) who won the ACC Championship
• Posted a 14-11 record at 149 pounds for the season
• Finished second at the Mat Town Open (11/22), going 4-1 in the event
• Dropped 4-0 decision to Ken Theobold (Rutgers) in the finals at the Mat Town Open
• Finished third at the Shorty Hitchcock Memorial (1/16) going 5-1
• Only loss at the Shorty Hitchcock came to Shyheim Brown (Maryland)
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Went 8-13 while wrestling at 149 pounds
• Took runner-up honors at Lock Haven Invitational (12/29)
• Scored two wins each at Franklin & Marshall Open (1/3) and Shorty Hitchcock Memorial (1/18)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Went 9-13, including 2-5 in duals
• Recorded four wins at Cleveland State Open (12/14)
• Earned three victories at Wolfpack Open, including pin of VMI's Hunter Hickman (11/17)
• Picked up dual wins over Anderson's Ian Harper and VMI's Shabaka Johns
• Was 5-10 during freshman season
• Competed in five open tournaments and one dual
• Posted two wins at Hokie Open (11/4) and Franklin & Marshall Open (1/5)
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Two-time Pennsylvania State Champion at 135 pounds (2011, 2012)
• 2011 National Prep Champion at 135 pounds
• Took third at 2010 and 2012 National Prep Championships
• 2011 NHSCA Junior All-American
• Took sixth place at 2012 Beast of the East
• Four-time state placewinner (third in 2010, fifth in 2009)
• First-Team All-Southereastern PA selection in 2011, second-team honoree in 2012
• Two-time All-Inter-Ac selection (2011, 2012)
• Coached by Steve Hill
• Parents are Chris and Barbara Yankowich
• Has three sisters: Rachelle, Ryan and Riley
• Born in Seattle, Wash.
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wrestlers Achieve Academic Success In Spring Semester
Wrestling | 5/22/2018
Members of the Virginia wrestling program achieved academic success this spring with five earning...
Cavaliers Experience Success At 2018 US Open Championships
Wrestling | 4/30/2018
Members of the UVA wrestling program and the Cavalier Wrestling Club RTC experienced success over...
NWCA Tabs Atkinson, Hayes As All-Academic Selections
Wrestling | 4/23/2018
The National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has tabbed Virginia wrestlers Andrew Atkinson...
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 4/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 03/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 03/07/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
- Online Stores