Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Fourth-seeded Cavaliers open against Bucknell at 9 a.m. Friday
Moore wins 157-pound title; Snyder earns award for most pins in least amount of time
• Posted a 5-9 record at 141 pounds
• Missed part of the season due to injury
• Finished fifth at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 3-2 at the event
• Won matches at dual meets with No. 25 North Dakota State and South Dakota State
• Defeated Mitchell Friedman (NDSU) in 11-5 decision to help UVA to the victory on 11/6
• Defeated Seth Gross (SDSU) at the Gopher Duals (11/7)
• Won his lone bout of season, pinning Anderson’s Conor Caffrey in UVa’s season-opening dual (11/2)
• Missed remainder of season with injury
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Did not compete because of injury
• Redshirt season
• Went 15-5 while competing unattached
• Placed in three tournaments at 133 pounds
• Took third place at Mat Town Open (11/24) and fifth at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Finished sixth at Southern Scuffle (1/2); lone losses came to top-10 foes - No. 8 Jon Morrison of Oklahoma State and No. 7 Nathan McCormick of Missouri
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
BAYLOR HIGH SCHOOL
• Just the second five-time state champion in Tennessee history
• Posted 200-4 record while in high school
• Named TSSAA Outstanding Wrestler in 2008 and 2012
• Named Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year in 2012 Best of Preps
• Placed second at Sophomore Nationals, third at Junior Nationals and fifth at Senior Nationals
• Took sixth place at 2011 Super 32
• Member of National Honor Society, Honor Council and Real Circle; chairman of Honor Council his senior year
• Coached by Ben Nelson
• Parents are Bill and Patty Watson
• Has one brother, Will
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Down Lock Haven To Win Virginia Duals Silver...
Wrestling | 1/14/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (8-3) wrestling team defeated Lock Haven on Saturday to win the Silver...
Cavaliers Down The Citadel, Bucknell At Virginia Duals
Wrestling | 1/13/2017
The No. 24 Virginia (7-3) wrestling team defeated The Citadel and Bucknell at the Virginia Duals ...
Cavaliers Open Competition At Virginia Duals Friday
Wrestling | 1/12/2017
The Cavaliers open competition at the Virginia Duals on Friday morning, facing The Citadel and...
Cavalier Trio Places At Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 1/2/2017
Jack Mueller finished second, while Andrew Atkinson and George DiCamillo both finished fourth in ...
Three Cavaliers Advance To Southern Scuffle Semifinals
Wrestling | 1/1/2017
Three Cavaliers went undefeated on day one at the Southern Scuffle to advance to Monday's...
Virginia Opens New Year At Prestigious Southern Scuffle
Wrestling | 12/31/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team opens the new year in competition, beginning two days of...
No. 24 Virginia Defeats George Mason 27-10
Wrestling | 12/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling program picked up a neutral-site victory on Wednesday, defeating...
No. 24 Virginia Faces George Mason In Neutral Site Meet...
Wrestling | 12/20/2016
The No. 24 Virginia wrestling team faces George Mason on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the St. ...
- Online Stores