Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Fourth-seeded Cavaliers open against Bucknell at 9 a.m. Friday
Moore wins 157-pound title; Snyder earns award for most pins in least amount of time
• Posted a 5-9 record at 141 pounds
• Missed part of the season due to injury
• Finished fifth at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 3-2 at the event
• Won matches at dual meets with No. 25 North Dakota State and South Dakota State
• Defeated Mitchell Friedman (NDSU) in 11-5 decision to help UVA to the victory on 11/6
• Defeated Seth Gross (SDSU) at the Gopher Duals (11/7)
• Won his lone bout of season, pinning Anderson’s Conor Caffrey in UVa’s season-opening dual (11/2)
• Missed remainder of season with injury
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Did not compete because of injury
• Redshirt season
• Went 15-5 while competing unattached
• Placed in three tournaments at 133 pounds
• Took third place at Mat Town Open (11/24) and fifth at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Finished sixth at Southern Scuffle (1/2); lone losses came to top-10 foes - No. 8 Jon Morrison of Oklahoma State and No. 7 Nathan McCormick of Missouri
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
BAYLOR HIGH SCHOOL
• Just the second five-time state champion in Tennessee history
• Posted 200-4 record while in high school
• Named TSSAA Outstanding Wrestler in 2008 and 2012
• Named Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year in 2012 Best of Preps
• Placed second at Sophomore Nationals, third at Junior Nationals and fifth at Senior Nationals
• Took sixth place at 2011 Super 32
• Member of National Honor Society, Honor Council and Real Circle; chairman of Honor Council his senior year
• Coached by Ben Nelson
• Parents are Bill and Patty Watson
• Has one brother, Will
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Three Cavaliers Win Titles At Mat Town Open II On Saturday
Wrestling | 2/17/2018
Three freshmen members of the Virginia wrestling team won titles on Saturday, while a fourth took...
Virginia Drops Final ACC Dual Of Season At Pittsburgh
Wrestling | 2/16/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closed out the dual portion of the season on Friday night, falling at...
Virginia Closes ACC Schedule At Pittsburgh On Friday
Wrestling | 2/15/2018
The Virginia wrestling team closes out the dual portion, and ACC portion, of the schedule on...
GET TO KNOW: Drew Peck
Wrestling | 2/12/2018
The Cavaliers close out ACC competition at Pitt this weekend and you can get to know more about...
Virginia Drops 22-18 Dual Match With No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday
Wrestling | 2/11/2018
A dual that featured several back-and-forth bouts went the way of the Hokies as Virginia fell to ...
Virginia Hosts No. 9 Virginia Tech Sunday On Senior Day
Wrestling | 2/9/2018
The Virginia wrestling team will host No. 9 Virginia Tech in a 1 p.m. dual on Sunday at Memorial ...
GET TO KNOW: Sam Krivus
Wrestling | 02/05/2018
Get to know more about redshirt sophomore and 2017 NCAA qualifier Sam Krivus as we prepare for...
Virginia Drops Tight Dual Match At Duke Saturday
Wrestling | 02/03/2018
Bonus points provided the margin of victory on Saturday as Virginia dropped a tight dual match at...
- Online Stores