Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
UVa wins 25 of 30 bouts in victories over Anderson (S.C.), VMI and George Mason
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Fourth-seeded Cavaliers open against Bucknell at 9 a.m. Friday
Moore wins 157-pound title; Snyder earns award for most pins in least amount of time
• Posted a 5-9 record at 141 pounds
• Missed part of the season due to injury
• Finished fifth at the Clarion Open (11/1), going 3-2 at the event
• Won matches at dual meets with No. 25 North Dakota State and South Dakota State
• Defeated Mitchell Friedman (NDSU) in 11-5 decision to help UVA to the victory on 11/6
• Defeated Seth Gross (SDSU) at the Gopher Duals (11/7)
• Won his lone bout of season, pinning Anderson’s Conor Caffrey in UVa’s season-opening dual (11/2)
• Missed remainder of season with injury
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Did not compete because of injury
• Redshirt season
• Went 15-5 while competing unattached
• Placed in three tournaments at 133 pounds
• Took third place at Mat Town Open (11/24) and fifth at Wolfpack Open (11/11)
• Finished sixth at Southern Scuffle (1/2); lone losses came to top-10 foes - No. 8 Jon Morrison of Oklahoma State and No. 7 Nathan McCormick of Missouri
• Named to ACC Academic Honor Roll
BAYLOR HIGH SCHOOL
• Just the second five-time state champion in Tennessee history
• Posted 200-4 record while in high school
• Named TSSAA Outstanding Wrestler in 2008 and 2012
• Named Outstanding Male Athlete of the Year in 2012 Best of Preps
• Placed second at Sophomore Nationals, third at Junior Nationals and fifth at Senior Nationals
• Took sixth place at 2011 Super 32
• Member of National Honor Society, Honor Council and Real Circle; chairman of Honor Council his senior year
• Coached by Ben Nelson
• Parents are Bill and Patty Watson
• Has one brother, Will
|Weight||Overall||Dual||ACC Dual||Dual Pts.||ACC||NCAA||MD||TF||Pins||Fastest|
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Atkinson, Hayes Named To ACC All-Academic Wrestling Team
Wrestling | 4/19/2018
A pair of Virginia wrestlers were recognized by the league office for achievement in competition ...
Cavaliers' Run At NCAA Championships Ends Friday
Wrestling | 3/16/2018
Virginia's run at the NCAA Championships came to an end on Friday night as Louie Hayes and Jack...
Hayes Advances To NCAA Championships Quarterfinals
Wrestling | 3/15/2018
Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Championships, pacing...
Virginia Opens Competition At NCAA Championships Thursday
Wrestling | 3/14/2018
Virginia begins competition at the NCAA Championships with six wrestlers taking the mat in...
Brackets, Seeds Announced For 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships
Wrestling | 3/7/2018
Brackets and seeds were announced for the NCAA Championships on Wednesday with Louie Hayes and...
Atkinson, Schany Earn Bids To 2018 NCAA Championships
Wrestling | 3/6/2018
Andrew Atkinson and Will Schany both earned at-large bids to the 2018 NCAA Wrestling...
Four Cavaliers Place At ACC Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/03/2018
Four Cavaliers placed to lead Virginia at the ACC Wrestling Championships on Saturday at North...
Virginia Competes At ACC Wrestling Championships Saturday
Wrestling | 03/02/2018
The Virginia wrestling team competes for a sixth ACC Championship on Saturday at North Carolina's...
- Online Stores