The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
Faith Randolph had her ninth 20-point game of the year
Cavaliers defeat Demon Deacons to start conference play at 2-0
Virginia downs Hokies for the 17th consecutive time
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Appeared in 33 games with 23 starts, averaging 7.4 points and 3.0 rebounds per game
- Had the first double-double of her career with 12 points and 10 assists against Coppin State, the first UVA player to have double-digit assists in a game since Sharneé Zoll had 11 in 2008
- Scored 11 points in the first quarter in the win over Rutgers (11/20)
- Back-to-back 16-point games against Rutgers and St. John’s (11/20, 25)
- Made her first five field goal attempts against BC, scoring 12 points in the first 16 minutes (1/15)
- Scored 10 points against NC State, with seven coming in the final quarter (2/26)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 10 starts, averaging 9.6 points per game
- Opened the season with a 10-pt performance at MT (11/13)
- Scored a career- high 20 points at Auburn (Nov. 19) followed by a 20-point performance vs. Longwood
- Nearly had her first career double-double with nine points and 10 rebounds against Tulane (11/28)
- Shot 70.0 percent (7-of-10) against NJIT, scoring 17 points with six rebounds and four assists
- Went 6-of-9, scoring 13 points against Richmond (12/29)
- Made second career start at Wake Forest (1/10)
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC Tournament game vs Duke (3/3)
- Scored 17 points in the second-round WNIT victory at Rutgers (3/20)
- Played in all 31 games with one start
- Made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes
- Went 2-of-3 from three-point range, scoring 8 pts against FIU
- Had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against DSU (10) and Longwood (11)
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring a season-high 14 points
- Scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting at North Carolina
- Morris County's all-time leading scorer with 2,286 points and a 21.2 ppg average at Randolph High
- Also holds Randolph High career records for rebounds (900), assists (450) and blocks (225)
- In her senior season, led the state in scoring with 810 points
- Two-time Morris County Player of the Year
- Star Ledger First Team New Jersey All-Freshman team (2011), All-Sophomore team (2012) and All-Senior team (2014) while being named to the Star Ledger Second Team New Jersey All-Junior team in 2013
- Four-time First Team All-NJAC while earning First Team All-State honors from both the Star Ledger and MSG Varsity her senior season
- Was also a three-time MVP for the track team, holding the school record in the triple jump (38' 1 1/4")
- Played volleyball her freshman through junior seasons, breaking the school record for career kills with 542.
- Parents are Leslie-Ann Huland El and Rahim Huland El
- Father, Rahim, played college basketball at Vermont
- Has a younger brother, Ahsan
- Kinesiology major
HULAND EL'S CAREER STATS
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish sixth in the official...
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 07/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
- Online Stores