Aliyah Huland El - In her own words
The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
Faith Randolph had her ninth 20-point game of the year
Cavaliers defeat Demon Deacons to start conference play at 2-0
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Scored the 1,000th point of her career at home against Louisville, becoming the 33rd player in program history to reach the benchmark (2/1)
- Ranks seventh in program history in made-three-pointers with 134
- Came off the bench to go 5-of-6 from the field for 13 points against Central Connecticut (11/12)
- Had a season-high seven rebounds against Georgia (11/16)
- Made her first start of the season against Hampton, scoring 10 points in the first half (11/21)
- Named to the Cavalier Classic all-tournament team after hitting the game-tying three-pointer against Harvard (11/25) and scoring a team-high 17 points against Duquesne (11/26)
Grabbed 10 rebounds in the overtime win against Indiana (12/18)
- Scored 19 points in the win over North Carolina, going 5-of-7 for 12 points in the first quarter (1/25)
- Followed her performance against UNC with a 21-point game at Georgia Tech, scoring 10 of those points in the fourth quarter (1/28)
- In the ACC Tournament win over Georgia Tech, scored a team-high 19 points, going 6-of-10 from the field and 4-of-4 from the line. Averaged 16.0 points per game in the tournament (3/2)
- Appeared in 33 games with 23 starts, averaging 7.4 points and 3.0 rebounds per game
- Had the first double-double of her career with 12 points and 10 assists against Coppin State, the first UVA player to have double-digit assists in a game since Sharneé Zoll had 11 in 2008
- Scored 11 points in the first quarter in the win over Rutgers (11/20)
- Back-to-back 16-point games against Rutgers and St. John’s (11/20, 25)
- Made her first five field goal attempts against BC, scoring 12 points in the first 16 minutes (1/15)
- Scored 10 points against NC State, with seven coming in the final quarter (2/26)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 10 starts, averaging 9.6 points per game
- Opened the season with a 10-pt performance at MT (11/13)
- Scored a career- high 20 points at Auburn (Nov. 19) followed by a 20-point performance vs. Longwood
- Nearly had her first career double-double with nine points and 10 rebounds against Tulane (11/28)
- Shot 70.0 percent (7-of-10) against NJIT, scoring 17 points with six rebounds and four assists
- Went 6-of-9, scoring 13 points against Richmond (12/29)
- Made second career start at Wake Forest (1/10)
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC Tournament game vs Duke (3/3)
- Scored 17 points in the second-round WNIT victory at Rutgers (3/20)
- Played in all 31 games with one start
- Made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes
- Went 2-of-3 from three-point range, scoring 8 pts against FIU
- Had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against DSU (10) and Longwood (11)
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring a season-high 14 points
- Scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting at North Carolina
- Morris County's all-time leading scorer with 2,286 points and a 21.2 ppg average at Randolph High
- Also holds Randolph High career records for rebounds (900), assists (450) and blocks (225)
- In her senior season, led the state in scoring with 810 points
- Two-time Morris County Player of the Year
- Star Ledger First Team New Jersey All-Freshman team (2011), All-Sophomore team (2012) and All-Senior team (2014) while being named to the Star Ledger Second Team New Jersey All-Junior team in 2013
- Four-time First Team All-NJAC while earning First Team All-State honors from both the Star Ledger and MSG Varsity her senior season
- Was also a three-time MVP for the track team, holding the school record in the triple jump (38' 1 1/4")
- Played volleyball her freshman through junior seasons, breaking the school record for career kills with 542.
- Parents are Leslie-Ann Huland El and Rahim Huland El
- Father, Rahim, played college basketball at Vermont
- Has a younger brother, Ahsan
- Kinesiology major. Wants to become a pediatrician
HULAND EL'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 3/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA Tourney
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the Sweet...
Virginia Faces South Carolina in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2018
The No. 10 seed Virginia will play at No. 2 seed South Carolina on Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. in ...
No. 10 seed Virginia Upsets No. 7 seed Cal, 68-62
W. Basketball | 3/16/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after downing the Bears, 68-62
Virginia Faces Cal on Friday in NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 03/14/2018
Virginia will face California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in an NCAA Women's Basktball...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing Again
W. Basketball | 03/13/2018
In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet Cal (21-10) in the first...
- Online Stores