The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
Faith Randolph had her ninth 20-point game of the year
Cavaliers defeat Demon Deacons to start conference play at 2-0
Virginia downs Hokies for the 17th consecutive time
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Appeared in 33 games with 23 starts, averaging 7.4 points and 3.0 rebounds per game
- Had the first double-double of her career with 12 points and 10 assists against Coppin State, the first UVA player to have double-digit assists in a game since Sharneé Zoll had 11 in 2008
- Scored 11 points in the first quarter in the win over Rutgers (11/20)
- Back-to-back 16-point games against Rutgers and St. John’s (11/20, 25)
- Made her first five field goal attempts against BC, scoring 12 points in the first 16 minutes (1/15)
- Scored 10 points against NC State, with seven coming in the final quarter (2/26)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 10 starts, averaging 9.6 points per game
- Opened the season with a 10-pt performance at MT (11/13)
- Scored a career- high 20 points at Auburn (Nov. 19) followed by a 20-point performance vs. Longwood
- Nearly had her first career double-double with nine points and 10 rebounds against Tulane (11/28)
- Shot 70.0 percent (7-of-10) against NJIT, scoring 17 points with six rebounds and four assists
- Went 6-of-9, scoring 13 points against Richmond (12/29)
- Made second career start at Wake Forest (1/10)
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC Tournament game vs Duke (3/3)
- Scored 17 points in the second-round WNIT victory at Rutgers (3/20)
- Played in all 31 games with one start
- Made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes
- Went 2-of-3 from three-point range, scoring 8 pts against FIU
- Had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against DSU (10) and Longwood (11)
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring a season-high 14 points
- Scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting at North Carolina
- Morris County's all-time leading scorer with 2,286 points and a 21.2 ppg average at Randolph High
- Also holds Randolph High career records for rebounds (900), assists (450) and blocks (225)
- In her senior season, led the state in scoring with 810 points
- Two-time Morris County Player of the Year
- Star Ledger First Team New Jersey All-Freshman team (2011), All-Sophomore team (2012) and All-Senior team (2014) while being named to the Star Ledger Second Team New Jersey All-Junior team in 2013
- Four-time First Team All-NJAC while earning First Team All-State honors from both the Star Ledger and MSG Varsity her senior season
- Was also a three-time MVP for the track team, holding the school record in the triple jump (38' 1 1/4")
- Played volleyball her freshman through junior seasons, breaking the school record for career kills with 542.
- Parents are Leslie-Ann Huland El and Rahim Huland El
- Father, Rahim, played college basketball at Vermont
- Has a younger brother, Ahsan
- Kinesiology major
HULAND EL'S CAREER STATS
Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.Singh Back in Familiar SurroundingsMen's Tennis1/12/18Former UVA tennis star Sanam Singh is back at his alma mater as the volunteer assistant coach in the men's program.Hayes Making Immediate ImpactWrestling1/10/18Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes is ranked No. 13 nationally at 125 pounds for Virginia, which competes at the Virginia Duals this weekend in Hampton.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
HOOS LIFE: Felicia Aiyeotan - Reaching Higher
W. Basketball | 1/17/2018
Sophomore center Felicia Aiyeotan worked hard in the offseason and is finding her confidence on...
Virginia Falls 55-48 at No. 16 Duke
W. Basketball | 1/14/2018
The Cavaliers had their eight-game win streak snapped as they suffered their first ACC loss,...
Virginia Plays at No. 16 Duke on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/13/2018
The Cavaliers takes an eight-game win streak on the road to face Duke on Sunday at 3 p.m. in a...
Virginia Wins 68-57 at Boston College
W. Basketball | 1/11/2018
The Cavaliers won their eighth straight game and improved to 5-0 in the ACC with a 68-57 road win...
Virginia Plays at Boston College on Thursday
W. Basketball | 1/10/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team takes a seven-game win streak on the road to face Boston...
Inside Virginia Women’s Basketball Begins January 15
W. Basketball | 1/10/2018
The Inside Virginia Women's Basketball radio show will return on Monday, January 15 at 6 p.m. on ...
Hoos Life: Dominique Toussaint - Sawing Through the Competition
W. Basketball | 01/10/2018
An All-ACC Freshman Team selection last season, Dominique Toussaint has picked right back up...
Inside Virginia Women’s Basketball Returns Tonight
W. Basketball | 01/15/2018
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball airs tonight from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98.9-FM/1070-AM WINA. Tim...
- Online Stores