Cavaliers bring a three-game wins streak into the start of conference competition
Cavaliers take on No. 3/4 Tennessee in the opening game of the Junkanoo Jam
Cavaliers suffer a 68-58 road-loss at West Virginia
Sarah Imovbioh has a double-double with 14 points and 15 rebounds
Cavaliers face the Dukes on Friday, Nov. 8 at 7 p.m. in Harrisonburg, Va.
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Made her collegiate debut against High Point, scoring six points in 10 minutes
- Appeared in eight games, averaging 1.5 points and 1.1 rebounds per game, before declaring her intent to transfer from Virginia
- 2012-13 Gatorade Maryland Player of the Year
- 2012-13 Parade Magazine All-Americans
- 2012-13 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Averaged 19.1 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.6 blocks, 1.5 steals and 1.3 assists at Good Counsel High School
- Scored the 1,000th point of her career during her junior season. Finished her prep career with 1,861 points
- 2012-13 Gazette Player of the Year and two-time Washington Post first team honoree
- Ranked No. 93 overall and as the No. 24 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Attended USA Basketball U16 trials in Colorado Springs
- High school teammates with Faith Randolph
- Parents are Tony and Suzanne Fioravanti
- Has an older brother, Andrew
- Worked with the 4-H Therapeutic Riding Club in Frederick County, a special project that provides horse riding instruction to disabled kids
- Was also involved in the Best Buddies and Peer Ambassador programs while at Good Counsel
FIORAVANTI'S CAREER STATS
Cunningham Thriving With Super Bowl ChampsFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Defense propels No. 4 Louisville past Virginia 51-39
W. Basketball | 2/22/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 51-39 at Louisville. Lauren Moses scored 10 points with...
Virginia Plays at No. 4 Louisville on Thursday
W. Basketball | 2/21/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team closes out the regular season with two road games, beginning...
Hoos Life - Aliyah Huland El Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Senior guard Aliyah Huland El penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at Virginia and...
Jeff White: Prime Opportunity Eludes Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season...
Virginia Falls 77-62 to Miami
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 77-62 to Miami in the final home game of the 2017-18 season. Dominique...
Virginia Hosts Miami on Senior Day
W. Basketball | 2/17/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game on Sunday, hosting Miami at 12:30 ...
Virginia falls 83-69 to No. 5 Notre Dame
W. Basketball | 02/15/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 83-69 to Notre Dame. Felicia Aiyeotan scored a season-h...
Hoos Life - J'Kyra Brown Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 02/13/2018
Redshirt senior guard J'Kyra Brown penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at...
- Online Stores