Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Originally published in the March 1 game program
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Mikayla Venson breaks program record for three-point shooting efficiency
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Sarah Beth Barnette Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
USATSI photos women's basketball -- 1/18/15
• Appeared in 31 games with one start
• Nominee for the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team
• Recipient of the 2014-15 Virginia Women's Basketball Coaches' Award of Excellence
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Pulled in six rebounds against Auburn
• Had a team-high 11 rebounds against Delware State, narrowly missing a double-double with 9 pts while also adding five assists and blocking a shot in 17 mins.
• Scored five points with two rebounds and a steal in 11 minutes against Davidson
• Went 2-of-3 from three-point range against BC, scoring eight points with two assists and two blocked shots
• Made her lone career start in the regular-season finale against Louisville
• Appeared in 23 games, averaging 7.7 minutes per game
• Pulled in a career-high seven rebounds against High Point
• Scored six points with two rebounds, an assist and a steal in 11 minutes against UMES
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 21 games, averaging 8.5 minutes per game
• Averaged 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game
• Scored in double digits in her first game as a Cavalier, putting up 10 against James Madison with three assists
• Scored seven points in a season-high 27 minutes at Penn
• Played 18 minutes at Clemson, scoring six points on a pair of three-pointers
• Sat out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules
• Played one season at Kentucky, appearing in 29 games and averaging 1.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game
• Averaged 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.2 assists and 1.9 blocks per game for Lexington Christian Academy and finished her high school career with 1,928 points and 1,076 rebounds
• 2010 Kentucky Miss Basketball
• 2010 Gatorade Kentucky Player of the Year
• McDonald's All-American nominee
• Earned the 2010 Regional Outstanding Sportsmanship Award
• Named the 2010 LCA Female Athlete of the Year 2010
• Honorable mention preseason All-America choice for 2009-10 (Sporting News)
• Parents are Ross and Michelle Barnette
• Has an older brother, Ryan, and a younger brother, Taylor
• Graduated in May 2014 with a bachelor's degree in sociology and is taking graduate courses during her final season at Virginia
BARNETTE'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Plays at Clemson on Thursday
W. Basketball | 1/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Clemson on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. The game...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Monday
W. Basketball | 1/16/2017
Head coach Joanne Boyle and junior forward Lauren Moses will be the guests. The show airs at 6 p....
Virginia Downs Boston College, 62-55
W. Basketball | 1/15/2017
Breyana Mason scored 19 points, with 14 coming in the second half, to help lead the Cavaliers to ...
Virginia Hosts Boston College on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Boston College on Sunday, January 15 at 2 p.m. at John...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Tuesday
W. Basketball | 1/10/2017
The "Inside Virginia Women's Basketball" radio show airs Tuesday (Jan. 10) from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98...
Virginia Falls 67-58 at North Carolina
W. Basketball | 1/8/2017
Aliyah Huland El scored 13 points with five rebounds as the Cavaliers fell 67-58 at North Carolina.
Virginia Plays at North Carolina on Sunday
W. Basketball | 01/07/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team (11-4, 0-2 ACC) plays at North Carolina (11-4, 0-2 ACC) on...
Jeff White: Finishing Touch Lacking for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 01/06/2017
Virginia, which lost Thursday night to No. 8 Louisville at John Paul Jones Arena, plays Sunday at...
- Online Stores