The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia women's basketball's guards are lauded for a combination of academic and athletic achievement
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
The Cavaliers outscored the Cardinals 28-10 over the final 8 minutes.
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Third on the team in scoring, averaging 10.0 points per game, third in rebounding (3.8 per game) and second in assists (78)
- Averaged 12.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in ACC contests
- ACC All-Academic Team
- Back-to-back double-digit scoring efforts in first two games of the season shooting 66.7 percent (10-of-15)
- Went 5-of-7 from the field and 6-of-6 from the line, scoring 16 points against Geen Bay (11/26) while also grabbing a career-high five steals
- Scored 10 points with 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists against Coppin
- Hit a buzzer-beating halfcourt shot to end the 3Q against Richmond (12/29), scoring seven points with a career-high eight rebounds and five assists
- Scored 14 points without attempting a three in the win over Miami (1/3)
- Followed at 5-of-8 shooting performance against Louisviile with a 10-of-14 game at Georgia Tech, scoring 21 points in her first 20-pt game of the year
- ACC All-Academic Team
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Fourth in the ACC in assist-turnover ratio at 1.80
- Seventh in the ACC in assists with 3.5 per game
- Scored a career-high 22 points in the season-opener against Ohio State, her first career 20-point game
- Went 8-of-11 from the field overall and 5-of-7 from 3pt range vs OSU, also dishing a career-high six assists
- Had seven assists with 2 turnovers against Delaware State, also scoring 16 pts
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC opener at Virginia Tech, shooting 60.0 percent
- Had her second seven-assist game (with just one turnover) against BC
- Also 4-of-5 from three-point range for 12 points against BC
- Had eight assists at North Carolina
- Scored 13 points, going 6-of-12 from the field, with five rebounds in the ACC Tournament game against Miami
- Appeared in 30 games with 14 starts
- Averaged 3.5 points per game
- Had 37 assists and 20 steals
- Made her collegiate debut against High Point, scoring her first points on a jumper in the second half
- Had her first double-digit scoring effort, scoring a season-high 13 points against LA Tech
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring the Cavaliers' first basket of the game
- Posted 9-point scoring efforts in back-to-back games against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech
- Scored 12 points in the loss to Miami
- 2012-13 Gatorade Virginia Player of the Year
- 2012-13 Parade Magazine All-American
- In her senior season, averaged 26.9 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.9 steals per game
- 2012-13 Cardinal District Player of the Year and a four-time All-Cardinal District honoree
- Three-time All-Northwest Region first team
- VHSI All-State team and Washington Post All-Met first team
- Ranked No. 51 overall and as the No. 13 point guard by ESPN HoopGurlz and No. 57 overall by Blue Star
- Attended the same high school as Virginia alum Monica Wright, breaking Wright's career scoring record, putting up 1,979 points in her four years of high school
- Factoring in the two years of middle school (seventh and eighth grade) in which she played varsity basketball, Mason scored 3,313 points in six seasons
- Parents are Nancy & Quinton Mason
- Graduated summa cum laude from Forest Park High School
- American Studies major
MASON'S CAREER STATS
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Women's Basketball Adds 6-9 Center Felicia Aiyeotan
W. Basketball | 4/19/2016
Felicia Aiyeotan of Blair Academy in New Jersey has signed a National Letter of Intent to play...
Virginia Season Ends with a 65-57 Loss at Hofstra
W. Basketball | 3/22/2016
Faith Randolph had a double-double in her final collegiate game with 13 points and 10 rebounds as...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Extend Season
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
Tuesday night at Hofstra (24-8), Virginia (18-15) will try to collect a third straight road win...
Virginia Plays at Hofstra in WNIT Round of 16 on Tuesday
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team (18-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Hofstra (24-8, 13-5 CAA) on...
Virginia Downs Rutgers 71-55 in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/20/2016
Video Highlights | Faith Randolph scored 23 points as the Cavaliers advance to play at Hofstra...
Virginia Plays Sunday in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2016
The Virginia women’s basketball team (17-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Rutgers (19-14, 8-10 Big...
Virginia Rallies for a 52-50 Victory at VCU
W. Basketball | 03/17/2016
Video Highlights | Faith Randolph hit a pair of free throws with 1.8 seconds remaining to send...
Virginia Plays Thursday at VCU in WNIT First Round
W. Basketball | 03/16/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team opens the WNIT by taking on VCU on Thursday, March 17 at 7 p...
- Online Stores