The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia women's basketball's guards are lauded for a combination of academic and athletic achievement
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
The Cavaliers outscored the Cardinals 28-10 over the final 8 minutes.
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Third on the team in scoring, averaging 10.0 points per game, third in rebounding (3.8 per game) and second in assists (78)
- Averaged 12.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in ACC contests
- ACC All-Academic Team
- Back-to-back double-digit scoring efforts in first two games of the season shooting 66.7 percent (10-of-15)
- Went 5-of-7 from the field and 6-of-6 from the line, scoring 16 points against Geen Bay (11/26) while also grabbing a career-high five steals
- Scored 10 points with 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists against Coppin
- Hit a buzzer-beating halfcourt shot to end the 3Q against Richmond (12/29), scoring seven points with a career-high eight rebounds and five assists
- Scored 14 points without attempting a three in the win over Miami (1/3)
- Followed at 5-of-8 shooting performance against Louisviile with a 10-of-14 game at Georgia Tech, scoring 21 points in her first 20-pt game of the year
- ACC All-Academic Team
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Fourth in the ACC in assist-turnover ratio at 1.80
- Seventh in the ACC in assists with 3.5 per game
- Scored a career-high 22 points in the season-opener against Ohio State, her first career 20-point game
- Went 8-of-11 from the field overall and 5-of-7 from 3pt range vs OSU, also dishing a career-high six assists
- Had seven assists with 2 turnovers against Delaware State, also scoring 16 pts
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC opener at Virginia Tech, shooting 60.0 percent
- Had her second seven-assist game (with just one turnover) against BC
- Also 4-of-5 from three-point range for 12 points against BC
- Had eight assists at North Carolina
- Scored 13 points, going 6-of-12 from the field, with five rebounds in the ACC Tournament game against Miami
- Appeared in 30 games with 14 starts
- Averaged 3.5 points per game
- Had 37 assists and 20 steals
- Made her collegiate debut against High Point, scoring her first points on a jumper in the second half
- Had her first double-digit scoring effort, scoring a season-high 13 points against LA Tech
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring the Cavaliers' first basket of the game
- Posted 9-point scoring efforts in back-to-back games against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech
- Scored 12 points in the loss to Miami
- 2012-13 Gatorade Virginia Player of the Year
- 2012-13 Parade Magazine All-American
- In her senior season, averaged 26.9 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.9 steals per game
- 2012-13 Cardinal District Player of the Year and a four-time All-Cardinal District honoree
- Three-time All-Northwest Region first team
- VHSI All-State team and Washington Post All-Met first team
- Ranked No. 51 overall and as the No. 13 point guard by ESPN HoopGurlz and No. 57 overall by Blue Star
- Attended the same high school as Virginia alum Monica Wright, breaking Wright's career scoring record, putting up 1,979 points in her four years of high school
- Factoring in the two years of middle school (seventh and eighth grade) in which she played varsity basketball, Mason scored 3,313 points in six seasons
- Parents are Nancy & Quinton Mason
- Graduated summa cum laude from Forest Park High School
- American Studies major
MASON'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Plays at Clemson on Thursday
W. Basketball | 1/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Clemson on Thursday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m. The game...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Monday
W. Basketball | 1/16/2017
Head coach Joanne Boyle and junior forward Lauren Moses will be the guests. The show airs at 6 p....
Virginia Downs Boston College, 62-55
W. Basketball | 1/15/2017
Breyana Mason scored 19 points, with 14 coming in the second half, to help lead the Cavaliers to ...
Virginia Hosts Boston College on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Boston College on Sunday, January 15 at 2 p.m. at John...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Tuesday
W. Basketball | 1/10/2017
The "Inside Virginia Women's Basketball" radio show airs Tuesday (Jan. 10) from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98...
Virginia Falls 67-58 at North Carolina
W. Basketball | 1/8/2017
Aliyah Huland El scored 13 points with five rebounds as the Cavaliers fell 67-58 at North Carolina.
Virginia Plays at North Carolina on Sunday
W. Basketball | 01/07/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team (11-4, 0-2 ACC) plays at North Carolina (11-4, 0-2 ACC) on...
Jeff White: Finishing Touch Lacking for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 01/06/2017
Virginia, which lost Thursday night to No. 8 Louisville at John Paul Jones Arena, plays Sunday at...
- Online Stores