The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia women's basketball's guards are lauded for a combination of academic and athletic achievement
Faith Randolph scored the 1,000th point of her career in the loss
The Cavaliers outscored the Cardinals 28-10 over the final 8 minutes.
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
- Third on the team in scoring, averaging 10.0 points per game, third in rebounding (3.8 per game) and second in assists (78)
- Averaged 12.3 points and 4.3 rebounds per game in ACC contests
- ACC All-Academic Team
- Back-to-back double-digit scoring efforts in first two games of the season shooting 66.7 percent (10-of-15)
- Went 5-of-7 from the field and 6-of-6 from the line, scoring 16 points against Geen Bay (11/26) while also grabbing a career-high five steals
- Scored 10 points with 5 rebounds, 4 steals and 3 assists against Coppin
- Hit a buzzer-beating halfcourt shot to end the 3Q against Richmond (12/29), scoring seven points with a career-high eight rebounds and five assists
- Scored 14 points without attempting a three in the win over Miami (1/3)
- Followed at 5-of-8 shooting performance against Louisviile with a 10-of-14 game at Georgia Tech, scoring 21 points in her first 20-pt game of the year
- ACC All-Academic Team
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Fourth in the ACC in assist-turnover ratio at 1.80
- Seventh in the ACC in assists with 3.5 per game
- Scored a career-high 22 points in the season-opener against Ohio State, her first career 20-point game
- Went 8-of-11 from the field overall and 5-of-7 from 3pt range vs OSU, also dishing a career-high six assists
- Had seven assists with 2 turnovers against Delaware State, also scoring 16 pts
- Scored a team-high 16 points in the ACC opener at Virginia Tech, shooting 60.0 percent
- Had her second seven-assist game (with just one turnover) against BC
- Also 4-of-5 from three-point range for 12 points against BC
- Had eight assists at North Carolina
- Scored 13 points, going 6-of-12 from the field, with five rebounds in the ACC Tournament game against Miami
- Appeared in 30 games with 14 starts
- Averaged 3.5 points per game
- Had 37 assists and 20 steals
- Made her collegiate debut against High Point, scoring her first points on a jumper in the second half
- Had her first double-digit scoring effort, scoring a season-high 13 points against LA Tech
- Had her first career start against Florida State, scoring the Cavaliers' first basket of the game
- Posted 9-point scoring efforts in back-to-back games against Georgia Tech and Virginia Tech
- Scored 12 points in the loss to Miami
- 2012-13 Gatorade Virginia Player of the Year
- 2012-13 Parade Magazine All-American
- In her senior season, averaged 26.9 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.8 assists and 2.9 steals per game
- 2012-13 Cardinal District Player of the Year and a four-time All-Cardinal District honoree
- Three-time All-Northwest Region first team
- VHSI All-State team and Washington Post All-Met first team
- Ranked No. 51 overall and as the No. 13 point guard by ESPN HoopGurlz and No. 57 overall by Blue Star
- Attended the same high school as Virginia alum Monica Wright, breaking Wright's career scoring record, putting up 1,979 points in her four years of high school
- Factoring in the two years of middle school (seventh and eighth grade) in which she played varsity basketball, Mason scored 3,313 points in six seasons
- Parents are Nancy & Quinton Mason
- Graduated summa cum laude from Forest Park High School
- American Studies major
MASON'S CAREER STATS
Morse Making Seamless Transition at UVAWomen's Soccer10/26/16Midfielder Zoe Morse has played the most of any freshman for No. 8 Virginia, which closes the regular season Thursday night at Louisville.Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/12/2016
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish 10th in the official 2016...
Jeff White: Newcomers Expand Boyle's Options
W. Basketball | 10/5/2016
Practice officially began Tuesday for the Cavaliers, who open the season Nov. 11 against Middle...
Meet the Teams Day Set for Oct. 23
W. Basketball | 10/4/2016
The annual Meet the Teams Day with the men's and women's basketball teams will be held on Oct. 23...
UVA Women's Basketball Single-Game Tickets On Sale
W. Basketball | 10/3/2016
Buy Tickets | Single-game tickets and Sunday Family Packages for Virginia women's basketball home...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/15/2016
The Cavaliers open the 2016-17 season at home on November 11, hosting Middle Tennessee State.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2016-17 Season Tickets On ...
W. Basketball | 8/1/2016
Season tickets for the 2016-17 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Jeff White: Moses Seizes Chance to Broaden Horizons
W. Basketball | 07/29/2016
Virginia's top returning post player, junior forward Lauren Moses, has had an eventful summer...
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 07/08/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
- Online Stores