China Crosby to play in the Women's National B
The senior point guard talks about her experience at the three-day seminar at the WBCA Convention
Six-seed Cavaliers open the tournament hosting 11-seed Boston College
Joanne Boyle, Simone Egwu, Faith Randolph
Faith Randolph scored a career-high 18 points
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Virginia vs. No. 5 Duke
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
- Was the only Cavalier player to start every game of the 2012-13 season, ranking sixth in the ACC in minutes per game (34.6)
- Ranked sixth in the ACC in assists per game (4.4)
- Ranked fifth in the ACC in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.4)
- Averaged a career-best 3.0 rebounds per game
- Was accepted to the WBCA "So You Want to Be a Coach" program
- Scored eight points in her return to action in the season opener against James Madison
- Her first game back was playing the same opponent she was playing when she injured her knee in Dec. 2011 - James Madison
- Scored 13 points with seven assists in the upset win over No. 17 Vanderbilt
- Scored in double digits in both games of the San Juan Shootout
- Has had at least two steals in each of first five games and at least one steal in her first seven
- In the final three games in December, had a 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio(15 A/5 TO)
- Named to the Cavalier Classic All-Tournament team
- Had eight assists (to two turnovers) against Xavier
- Scored five points in the final minute in the home game against VaTech (16 pts total)
- Tied her career high with seven rebounds (all defensive) at Boston College
- Scored eight points with a career-high nine assists at home against Wake Forest
- Combined for 16 assists and seven steals in the final three games of her career. Also scored 17 points with 10 rebounds
- Played in 12 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury
- Averaged 7.9 points, 2.3 assists and 1.9 steals per game
- Connected on 27-of-30 free throws (90 percent) and 14-of-41 three point attempts (37 percent)
- Had five double-digit scoring efforts, highlighted by a 13-point performance against No. 3 Tennessee
- Also had four assists and five rebounds vs. the Lady Vols
- Appeared in 26 games and started 13, including the final 12 games of the season
- Averaged 7.1 points per game, ranking her fourth on the team in that category
- Connected on 13-of-39 (.333) 3-point attempts
- Dished out 50 assists (1.9 per game)
- Set a new career-high with 25 points on 8-of-12 shooting including a career-high three 3-pointers in the quarterfinals of the WNIT vs. Charlotte (March 26)
- Posted seven double-digit scoring games
- Appeared in 13 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury on Jan. 2 at Colorado
- Named to the 2009 Marriott Cavalier Classic All-Tournament team
- Earned the team's Preseason Conditioning Award
- Scored a career-high 12 points vs. Indiana (Nov. 26) at the Junkanoo Jam in Freeport, Bahamas
- Also dished out a career-high seven assists vs. the Hoosiers
- McDonald's All-American and won the skills competition at the McDonald's All-American game
- ESPNRise.com First Team All-American
- Rated the nation's No. 14 senior and the No. 2 point guard in the ESPNU Hoopgurlz 100
- Earned four-straight all-city honors at Manhattan Center and was selected Class AA Player of the Year by the New York State Sportswriters Association
- Averaged 13.3 points and 4.5 assists during her senior season
- Played for coach Jaywanna Bradley at Manhattan Center and the NYC Gauchos and NY Gazelles on the AAU level
- Daughter of Monica Crosby
CROSBY'S CAREER STATS
CROSBY'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||25 vs. Charlotte, 3-26-11|
|3-Pointers||4 vs. Liberty, 12-7-11|
|Rebounds||7 (2x), last at Boston College, 2-14-13|
|Assists||9 vs. Wake Forest, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 vs. Boston College, 3-24-11|
Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 7/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 7/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
Virginia Hosts Maryland in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 06/28/2017
The ACC and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (June 28) the matchups for the 2017 Big Ten/ACC Women&...
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 06/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
- Online Stores