China Crosby to play in the Women's National B
The senior point guard talks about her experience at the three-day seminar at the WBCA Convention
Six-seed Cavaliers open the tournament hosting 11-seed Boston College
Joanne Boyle, Simone Egwu, Faith Randolph
Faith Randolph scored a career-high 18 points
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Virginia vs. No. 5 Duke
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
- Was the only Cavalier player to start every game of the 2012-13 season, ranking sixth in the ACC in minutes per game (34.6)
- Ranked sixth in the ACC in assists per game (4.4)
- Ranked fifth in the ACC in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.4)
- Averaged a career-best 3.0 rebounds per game
- Was accepted to the WBCA "So You Want to Be a Coach" program
- Scored eight points in her return to action in the season opener against James Madison
- Her first game back was playing the same opponent she was playing when she injured her knee in Dec. 2011 - James Madison
- Scored 13 points with seven assists in the upset win over No. 17 Vanderbilt
- Scored in double digits in both games of the San Juan Shootout
- Has had at least two steals in each of first five games and at least one steal in her first seven
- In the final three games in December, had a 3-1 assist-to-turnover ratio(15 A/5 TO)
- Named to the Cavalier Classic All-Tournament team
- Had eight assists (to two turnovers) against Xavier
- Scored five points in the final minute in the home game against VaTech (16 pts total)
- Tied her career high with seven rebounds (all defensive) at Boston College
- Scored eight points with a career-high nine assists at home against Wake Forest
- Combined for 16 assists and seven steals in the final three games of her career. Also scored 17 points with 10 rebounds
- Played in 12 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury
- Averaged 7.9 points, 2.3 assists and 1.9 steals per game
- Connected on 27-of-30 free throws (90 percent) and 14-of-41 three point attempts (37 percent)
- Had five double-digit scoring efforts, highlighted by a 13-point performance against No. 3 Tennessee
- Also had four assists and five rebounds vs. the Lady Vols
- Appeared in 26 games and started 13, including the final 12 games of the season
- Averaged 7.1 points per game, ranking her fourth on the team in that category
- Connected on 13-of-39 (.333) 3-point attempts
- Dished out 50 assists (1.9 per game)
- Set a new career-high with 25 points on 8-of-12 shooting including a career-high three 3-pointers in the quarterfinals of the WNIT vs. Charlotte (March 26)
- Posted seven double-digit scoring games
- Appeared in 13 games before suffering a season-ending knee injury on Jan. 2 at Colorado
- Named to the 2009 Marriott Cavalier Classic All-Tournament team
- Earned the team's Preseason Conditioning Award
- Scored a career-high 12 points vs. Indiana (Nov. 26) at the Junkanoo Jam in Freeport, Bahamas
- Also dished out a career-high seven assists vs. the Hoosiers
- McDonald's All-American and won the skills competition at the McDonald's All-American game
- ESPNRise.com First Team All-American
- Rated the nation's No. 14 senior and the No. 2 point guard in the ESPNU Hoopgurlz 100
- Earned four-straight all-city honors at Manhattan Center and was selected Class AA Player of the Year by the New York State Sportswriters Association
- Averaged 13.3 points and 4.5 assists during her senior season
- Played for coach Jaywanna Bradley at Manhattan Center and the NYC Gauchos and NY Gazelles on the AAU level
- Daughter of Monica Crosby
CROSBY'S CAREER STATS
CROSBY'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||25 vs. Charlotte, 3-26-11|
|3-Pointers||4 vs. Liberty, 12-7-11|
|Rebounds||7 (2x), last at Boston College, 2-14-13|
|Assists||9 vs. Wake Forest, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 vs. Boston College, 3-24-11|
Weekend Notebook: Perrantes Hits HomestretchMen's Basketball2/24/17For point guard London Perrantes, the final regular-season road game of his UVA basketball career is Saturday afternoon at NC State.Casey's Return Buoys CavaliersBaseball2/22/17Derek Casey, who missed the 2016 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, pitched five strong innings in No. 14 Virginia's home opener.Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Falls 66-55 at No. 14 Louisville
W. Basketball | 2/23/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (18-10, 7-8 ACC) fell 66-55 at No. 14 Louisville (24-6...
Three Virginia Student-Athletes Earn ACC Postgraduate Honors
W. Basketball | 2/22/2017
Three Virginia student-athletes have been honored with 2017 ACC Postgraduate Awards, as announced...
Virginia Plays at No. 14 Louisville on Thursday
W. Basketball | 2/22/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team takes a three-game win streak into Thursday's contest at No....
Final Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Show Tonight
W. Basketball | 2/21/2017
Former Cavalier and current ACC RSN commentator Chelsea Shine will host tonight's show. Senior...
Virginia Defeats Virginia Tech 63-55 to Sweep Commonwealth...
W. Basketball | 2/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team won its third-straight game, defeating Virginia Tech, ...
Virginia Plays at Virginia Tech on Sunday
W. Basketball | 2/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team travels to Blacksburg to take on Virginia Tech in a...
Virginia takes down No. 4 Florida State, 60-51
W. Basketball | 02/16/2017
Dominique Toussaint scored five of her 14 points in the final 1:27, including the go-ahead 3-poin...
Virginia Hosts No. 4 Florida State on Thursday
W. Basketball | 02/15/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts No. 4 Florida State on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m. at ...
- Online Stores