Virginia guards earn postseason conference honor
Second-straight week a Cavalier has earned the honor
- Garnered votes to receive an honorable mention in All-ACC voting
- VaSID All-State Second Team
- Finished the season as the team's leading scorer, averaging 11.4 points per game
- Also led the team in assists with 122. Ranked 10th in the ACC in assists per game (3.7)
- Opened the season by scoring a team-high 17 points at Mississippi State (11/10) and followed with another 17-point game against Central Connecticut (11/12)
- Scored a team-high 18 points against Georgia (11/16)
- Scored five baskets and had six assists in the win over Hampton (11/21)
- Scored 12 points with six rebounds and six assists at Florida State (2/8)
- Flirted with a triple-double against Miami with 18 points, nine rebounds and seven assists while also grabbing four steals (2/18)
- Scored 14 points with five assists in the ACC Tournament victory over Georgia Tech (3/1)
- Scored 10 points in the NCAA Tournament first-round victory over Cal, followed by a 16-point game against South Carolina in the second round, going a combined 5-of-11 from three-point range in the tournament
- All-ACC Freshman Team
- Third among ACC freshmen in points per game (9.5)
- Was in the starting lineup for her collegiate debut, scoring 16 points with five rebounds against Middle Tennessee (11/11)
- Was named to the Cavalier Classic All-Tournament Team after scoring a team-high 17 points in the finale against Dayton (12/29)
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week (Feb. 6) after scoring a team-high 16 points in the Cavaliers’ overtime win against Georgia Tech, scoring UVA’s final eight points of the first quarter, keying the Cavaliers to a 19-14 lead at the first break. Toussaint added another 10 points against Duke, leading the Cavaliers in scoring for the second-straight game
- Hit the game-tying three-pointer at the buzzer to send the Louisville game into overtime (1/5)
- Scored 16 points in the victory at Clemson (1/19)
- Scored a career-high 19 points, including 12 in overtime, in the win over Wake Forest (2/12)
- Led the team in scoring in the upset of No. 4 FSU with 14 points, eight coming in the fourth quarter
- Scored 10 pts with five rebounds in ACC Tourney win over Wake (3/2)
- 2016 Miss New York Basketball
- 2016 Gatorade New York State Girls' Basketball Player of the Year
- Named to the Jordan Brand Classic 2016 All-American Girls' team, competing for the East squad
- Averaged 19.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 2.7 steals per game in her senior season at Christ the King
- 2015 Queens Player of the Year, MSG Tri-State Second Team and CHSAA Sportsmanship Player of the Year
- Competed at the 2016 USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team Trials in May of 2016 as well as the 2013 U16 and 2014 U17 trials
- ESPN-W’s No. 48 overall recruit and No. 12 at her position and ranked at No. 25 by Prospect Nation in the 2016 class
- Daughter of Kirstie Toussaint and Richard Toussaint
- Has an older sister, Janelle, and a younger sister, Olivia
- Undeclared major
TOUSSAINT'S CAREER STATS
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 4/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 03/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
- Online Stores