Conference has record 2,909 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Amirault, Cowburn, Egwu, Keveren, Snyder and White named to the VaSID Academic All-State team
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Women's Basketball vs. Georgia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
- Recipient of the ACC's Weaver-James-Corrigan Postgraduate Scholarship, just the second Virginia women's basketball player to earn the honor
- Also earned the Life Skills Scholarship which is a scholarship to be used for graduate school that is awarded to a student-athlete, manager, athletics trainer, or cheerleader who has exemplified leadership through their contributions to the University, SAM program, community service, team and/or athletics department
- ACC Top VI Award winner, which is presented to the six UVa student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- 2012-13 SAAC President
- The Politics (Government) major spent her fourth academic year finishing her Bachelor's degree while simultaneously working on her Master's at the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Suffered a leg injury in preseason camp that caused her to miss the first three weeks of the season (5 games)
- Returned to action at Minnesota, scoring five points in eight minutes
- First start of the season came at Maryland
- Had a double double with 11 points and 10 rebounds against Coppin State
- Converted 10 consecutive field goal attempts spanning three games including back-to-back 4-for-4 performances (12/18-28)
- Went 8-for-8 from the free throw line as part of a 16-point performance against Norfolk State
- Scored 12 points, going 6-of-8, at Boston College
- Had her second double-double of the season, scoring 17 points with 11 rebounds, on senior day against No. 24 Florida State
- Named to the All-ACC Women's Basketball Academic Team for the second-consecutive season
- Also earned the team's Academic Award
- Started 34 games and appeared in 36, averaging 4.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Had two of the team's seven double-doubles: 10 points and 10 rebounds vs. Wagner (Dec. 28) and 11 points and 10 rebounds at Clemson (Jan. 8)
- Named to the 2010-11 All-ACC Academic Women's Basketball Team and the 2010-11 ACC Honor Roll
- One of two Cavaliers to start all 35 contests in 2010-11
- Averaged 6.0 points per game
- Ranked first on the team by averaging 5.2 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on six occasions, including a season-high 16 points against UMBC (Dec. 18)
- Posted the second double-double of her career in the season-opener at Hofstra (Nov. 12) with 14 points and 14 rebounds
- The only freshman to see action in all 31 of the Cavaliers' game, starting 29
- Recipient of the Bob Williams Award, given to the student-athlete that best exemplifies the spirit of Bob Williams and the partnership of academics and athletics
- Shared the team's Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player Awards with classmate Telia McCall
- Averaged 4.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Scored in double digits five times and had double-digit rebounds twice
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week on Nov. 23 after averaging 14.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in a 1-1 week for UVa against USC Upstate (Nov. 18) and No. 6 Tennessee (Nov. 22)
- Set a career-high with 19 points against USC Upstate, while hauling down seven rebounds
- Pulled down a career-high 16 rebounds vs. Longwood (Feb. 16)
- Added 18 points against the Lancers for her first career double-double
- The 15th-ranked center in the class according to the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
- Captained Arundel and led the Wildcats to the Class 4A state championship game as a junior
- Averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds
- A first team All-Metro selection by the Baltimore Sun
- Played AAU basketball for Boo Williams Elite
- Daughter of Brigitte Bivens-Egwu and Chukwuemeka Egwu
EGWU'S CAREER STATS
EGWU'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||19 vs. USC Upstate, 11-18-09|
|Rebounds||16 vs. Longwood, 2-16-10|
|Assists||3 (2x), last at Fla. State, 2-26-12|
|Steals||3 (2x), last at Miami, 1-10-13|
|Blocks||3 (3x), last at NC State, 2-5-12|
|Double-Doubles||5, last vs. Coppin State, 12-18-12|
Success Won't Change Cavaliers' MentalityMen's Basketball10/27/16Virginia, which reached the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, was picked to finish third in the ACC this season.Morse Making Seamless Transition at UVAWomen's Soccer10/26/16Midfielder Zoe Morse has played the most of any freshman for No. 8 Virginia, which closes the regular season Thursday night at Louisville.Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/12/2016
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish 10th in the official 2016...
Jeff White: Newcomers Expand Boyle's Options
W. Basketball | 10/5/2016
Practice officially began Tuesday for the Cavaliers, who open the season Nov. 11 against Middle...
Meet the Teams Day Set for Oct. 23
W. Basketball | 10/4/2016
The annual Meet the Teams Day with the men's and women's basketball teams will be held on Oct. 23...
UVA Women's Basketball Single-Game Tickets On Sale
W. Basketball | 10/3/2016
Buy Tickets | Single-game tickets and Sunday Family Packages for Virginia women's basketball home...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/15/2016
The Cavaliers open the 2016-17 season at home on November 11, hosting Middle Tennessee State.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2016-17 Season Tickets On ...
W. Basketball | 8/1/2016
Season tickets for the 2016-17 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Jeff White: Moses Seizes Chance to Broaden Horizons
W. Basketball | 07/29/2016
Virginia's top returning post player, junior forward Lauren Moses, has had an eventful summer...
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 07/08/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
- Online Stores