Conference has record 2,909 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Amirault, Cowburn, Egwu, Keveren, Snyder and White named to the VaSID Academic All-State team
By Jeff White (email@example.com)
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Women's Basketball vs. Georgia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
- Recipient of the ACC's Weaver-James-Corrigan Postgraduate Scholarship, just the second Virginia women's basketball player to earn the honor
- Also earned the Life Skills Scholarship which is a scholarship to be used for graduate school that is awarded to a student-athlete, manager, athletics trainer, or cheerleader who has exemplified leadership through their contributions to the University, SAM program, community service, team and/or athletics department
- ACC Top VI Award winner, which is presented to the six UVa student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- 2012-13 SAAC President
- The Politics (Government) major spent her fourth academic year finishing her Bachelor's degree while simultaneously working on her Master's at the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Suffered a leg injury in preseason camp that caused her to miss the first three weeks of the season (5 games)
- Returned to action at Minnesota, scoring five points in eight minutes
- First start of the season came at Maryland
- Had a double double with 11 points and 10 rebounds against Coppin State
- Converted 10 consecutive field goal attempts spanning three games including back-to-back 4-for-4 performances (12/18-28)
- Went 8-for-8 from the free throw line as part of a 16-point performance against Norfolk State
- Scored 12 points, going 6-of-8, at Boston College
- Had her second double-double of the season, scoring 17 points with 11 rebounds, on senior day against No. 24 Florida State
- Named to the All-ACC Women's Basketball Academic Team for the second-consecutive season
- Also earned the team's Academic Award
- Started 34 games and appeared in 36, averaging 4.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Had two of the team's seven double-doubles: 10 points and 10 rebounds vs. Wagner (Dec. 28) and 11 points and 10 rebounds at Clemson (Jan. 8)
- Named to the 2010-11 All-ACC Academic Women's Basketball Team and the 2010-11 ACC Honor Roll
- One of two Cavaliers to start all 35 contests in 2010-11
- Averaged 6.0 points per game
- Ranked first on the team by averaging 5.2 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on six occasions, including a season-high 16 points against UMBC (Dec. 18)
- Posted the second double-double of her career in the season-opener at Hofstra (Nov. 12) with 14 points and 14 rebounds
- The only freshman to see action in all 31 of the Cavaliers' game, starting 29
- Recipient of the Bob Williams Award, given to the student-athlete that best exemplifies the spirit of Bob Williams and the partnership of academics and athletics
- Shared the team's Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player Awards with classmate Telia McCall
- Averaged 4.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Scored in double digits five times and had double-digit rebounds twice
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week on Nov. 23 after averaging 14.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in a 1-1 week for UVa against USC Upstate (Nov. 18) and No. 6 Tennessee (Nov. 22)
- Set a career-high with 19 points against USC Upstate, while hauling down seven rebounds
- Pulled down a career-high 16 rebounds vs. Longwood (Feb. 16)
- Added 18 points against the Lancers for her first career double-double
- The 15th-ranked center in the class according to the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
- Captained Arundel and led the Wildcats to the Class 4A state championship game as a junior
- Averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds
- A first team All-Metro selection by the Baltimore Sun
- Played AAU basketball for Boo Williams Elite
- Daughter of Brigitte Bivens-Egwu and Chukwuemeka Egwu
EGWU'S CAREER STATS
EGWU'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||19 vs. USC Upstate, 11-18-09|
|Rebounds||16 vs. Longwood, 2-16-10|
|Assists||3 (2x), last at Fla. State, 2-26-12|
|Steals||3 (2x), last at Miami, 1-10-13|
|Blocks||3 (3x), last at NC State, 2-5-12|
|Double-Doubles||5, last vs. Coppin State, 12-18-12|
'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Defeats Virginia Tech 63-55 to Sweep Commonwealth...
W. Basketball | 2/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team won its third-straight game, defeating Virginia Tech, ...
Virginia Plays at Virginia Tech on Sunday
W. Basketball | 2/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team travels to Blacksburg to take on Virginia Tech in a...
Virginia takes down No. 4 Florida State, 60-51
W. Basketball | 2/16/2017
Dominique Toussaint scored five of her 14 points in the final 1:27, including the go-ahead 3-poin...
Virginia Hosts No. 4 Florida State on Thursday
W. Basketball | 2/15/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts No. 4 Florida State on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m. at ...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Monday
W. Basketball | 2/13/2017
J'Kyra Brown and Joanne Boyle are the guests from 6-7 p.m. on WINA. It will originate from the...
Virginia Edges Wake Forest 60-57 in Overtime
W. Basketball | 2/12/2017
Dominique Toussaint scored 12 of her 19 points in overtime to lift UVA to a 60-57 win over Wake. ...
Virginia Hosts Wake Forest on Sunday
W. Basketball | 02/11/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Wake Forest on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 2 p.m. at John Paul ...
Virginia Falls 63-52 at No. 16 Miami
W. Basketball | 02/09/2017
J'Kyra Brown had 14 points for Virginia and Lauren Moses had 12 with 10 rebounds.
- Online Stores