Conference has record 2,909 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Conference has record 2,916 student-athletes recognized
Amirault, Cowburn, Egwu, Keveren, Snyder and White named to the VaSID Academic All-State team
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Women's Basketball vs. Georgia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
- Recipient of the ACC's Weaver-James-Corrigan Postgraduate Scholarship, just the second Virginia women's basketball player to earn the honor
- Also earned the Life Skills Scholarship which is a scholarship to be used for graduate school that is awarded to a student-athlete, manager, athletics trainer, or cheerleader who has exemplified leadership through their contributions to the University, SAM program, community service, team and/or athletics department
- ACC Top VI Award winner, which is presented to the six UVa student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- 2012-13 SAAC President
- The Politics (Government) major spent her fourth academic year finishing her Bachelor's degree while simultaneously working on her Master's at the Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
- Suffered a leg injury in preseason camp that caused her to miss the first three weeks of the season (5 games)
- Returned to action at Minnesota, scoring five points in eight minutes
- First start of the season came at Maryland
- Had a double double with 11 points and 10 rebounds against Coppin State
- Converted 10 consecutive field goal attempts spanning three games including back-to-back 4-for-4 performances (12/18-28)
- Went 8-for-8 from the free throw line as part of a 16-point performance against Norfolk State
- Scored 12 points, going 6-of-8, at Boston College
- Had her second double-double of the season, scoring 17 points with 11 rebounds, on senior day against No. 24 Florida State
- Named to the All-ACC Women's Basketball Academic Team for the second-consecutive season
- Also earned the team's Academic Award
- Started 34 games and appeared in 36, averaging 4.0 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Had two of the team's seven double-doubles: 10 points and 10 rebounds vs. Wagner (Dec. 28) and 11 points and 10 rebounds at Clemson (Jan. 8)
- Named to the 2010-11 All-ACC Academic Women's Basketball Team and the 2010-11 ACC Honor Roll
- One of two Cavaliers to start all 35 contests in 2010-11
- Averaged 6.0 points per game
- Ranked first on the team by averaging 5.2 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on six occasions, including a season-high 16 points against UMBC (Dec. 18)
- Posted the second double-double of her career in the season-opener at Hofstra (Nov. 12) with 14 points and 14 rebounds
- The only freshman to see action in all 31 of the Cavaliers' game, starting 29
- Recipient of the Bob Williams Award, given to the student-athlete that best exemplifies the spirit of Bob Williams and the partnership of academics and athletics
- Shared the team's Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player Awards with classmate Telia McCall
- Averaged 4.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game
- Scored in double digits five times and had double-digit rebounds twice
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week on Nov. 23 after averaging 14.5 points and 6.5 rebounds in a 1-1 week for UVa against USC Upstate (Nov. 18) and No. 6 Tennessee (Nov. 22)
- Set a career-high with 19 points against USC Upstate, while hauling down seven rebounds
- Pulled down a career-high 16 rebounds vs. Longwood (Feb. 16)
- Added 18 points against the Lancers for her first career double-double
- The 15th-ranked center in the class according to the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
- Captained Arundel and led the Wildcats to the Class 4A state championship game as a junior
- Averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds
- A first team All-Metro selection by the Baltimore Sun
- Played AAU basketball for Boo Williams Elite
- Daughter of Brigitte Bivens-Egwu and Chukwuemeka Egwu
EGWU'S CAREER STATS
EGWU'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||19 vs. USC Upstate, 11-18-09|
|Rebounds||16 vs. Longwood, 2-16-10|
|Assists||3 (2x), last at Fla. State, 2-26-12|
|Steals||3 (2x), last at Miami, 1-10-13|
|Blocks||3 (3x), last at NC State, 2-5-12|
|Double-Doubles||5, last vs. Coppin State, 12-18-12|
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 03/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 03/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
- Online Stores