- Ranked third in the ACC in blocked shots (54, 1.64 per game)
- Her 54 blocked shots this season ranks seventh in the Virginia record book for blocked shots in a single season. The Virginia freshman record is held by DeMya Walker who blocked 68 in her rookie campaign in 1996. Aiyeotan already has more blocked shots this season than the entire team did in 2013-14
- Made her collegiate debut in season-opener against Middle Tennessee, scoring four points with four blocks in four minutes (11/11)
- Came off the bench to log a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds in 22 minutes against Coppin State (11/13)
- Made her first seven field goal attempts against UIC, going 8-of-9 overall for 16 points in 16 minutes (12/16)
- Scored 10 points in 11 minutes at Syracuse (1/2)
- Scored 10 points with five rebounds and six blocked shots in ACC Tournament game against Wake Forest (3/2)
- Played her senior season at Blair Academy (N.J.), averaging 14.0 points per game
- Mid-Atlantic Prep League First-Team All-League
- NJISAA First-Team All-Prep
- As a junior at Nuemann Goretti High in Philadelphia, Pa., won the national title with the team going 30-0 and finishing as the top-ranked high school team in the country
- Rated as the No. 87 overall prospect and No. 14 at her position by ProspectNation and No. 15 among all 2016-17 centers by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Played on the Nigerian U16 National Team
- Daughter of Wemimo and Moses Aiyeotan
- Has a older brother, Remi, and a younger brother, Segun
AIYEOTAN'S CAREER STATS
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 03/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 03/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
- Online Stores