Sophomore center earns her first conference honor
Felicia Aiyeotan had her second career double-double
- ACC All-Defensive Team, the fifth Virginia player to earn the accolade, joining Renee Robinson (a member of the inaugural team in 2000), LaTonya Blue (2004-05), Monica Wright (2008, 10) and Lexie Gerson (2012, 14)
- Finished the season as the ACC leader in blocked shots (2.09 per game) and ranked 11th in rebounding (6.9 per game)
- Seven double-doubles
- Her 69 blocked shots is the fourth-highest single-season total in program history. She has 123 blocked shots in her career, tied for fourth most in the UVA record book
- Was the tallest active player in NCAA women’s basketball this season. The next tallest is Sara Hamson of BYU at 6-7. Nancy Mulkey of Rice is also 6-9, but she is a sophomore transfer from Oklahoma and is sitting out the season
- Started 27 of 33 games, averaging 7.4 points per game with seven double-doubles
- Made her first career start at Mississippi State (11/10)
- Had her second career double-double against Central Connecticut with 12 points and 10 rebounds (11/12)
- Came off the bench to score 10 points with six rebounds and six blocked shots in the game against Maryland, going 5-of-7 from the field (11/29)
- Had a career-high 14 rebounds with 10 points in 22 minutes against Ohio (12/17)
- Back-to-back double-doubles against Pitt and Syracuse to start ACC play. Added a third double-double against Clemson, giving her three in the first four ACC contests of 2018
- Scored a then- season-high 15 points with 13 rebounds at Florida State (2/8) only to top it a week later with 17 points and 11 rebounds against Notre Dame
- Scored 16 points on 8-of-11 shooting in the NCAA Tournament first-round victory over Cal (3/16)
- Appeared in all 33 games, averaging 4.6 points and 3.7 rebounds per game
- Ranked third in the ACC in blocked shots (54, 1.64 per game)
- Her 54 blocked shots ranks seventh in the Virginia record book for blocked shots in a single season.
- Made her collegiate debut in season-opener against Middle Tennessee, scoring four points with four blocks in four minutes (11/11)
- Came off the bench to log a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds in 22 minutes against Coppin State (11/13)
- Made her first seven field goal attempts against UIC, going 8-of-9 overall for 16 points in 16 minutes (12/16)
- Scored 10 points in 11 minutes at Syracuse (1/2)
- Scored 10 points with five rebounds and six blocked shots in ACC Tournament game against Wake Forest (3/2)
- Played her senior season at Blair Academy (N.J.), averaging 14.0 points per game
- Mid-Atlantic Prep League First-Team All-League
- NJISAA First-Team All-Prep
- As a junior at Nuemann Goretti High in Philadelphia, Pa., won the national title with the team going 30-0 and finishing as the top-ranked high school team in the country
- Rated as the No. 87 overall prospect and No. 14 at her position by ProspectNation and No. 15 among all 2016-17 centers by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Played on the Nigerian U16 National Team
- Daughter of Wemimo and Moses Aiyeotan
- Has a older brother, Remi, and a younger brother, Segun
- Undeclared major
AIYEOTAN'S CAREER STATS
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 4/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 03/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
- Online Stores