Sophomore center earns her first conference honor
Felicia Aiyeotan had her second career double-double
- ACC All-Defensive Team, the fifth Virginia player to earn the accolade, joining Renee Robinson (a member of the inaugural team in 2000), LaTonya Blue (2004-05), Monica Wright (2008, 10) and Lexie Gerson (2012, 14)
- Currently leads the ACC in blocked shots and is 10th in rebounding, 11th in field goal shooting percentage
- Is the tallest active player in NCAA women’s basketball right now. The next tallest is Sara Hamson of BYU at 6-7. Nancy Mulkey of Rice is also 6-9, but she is a sophomore transfer from Oklahoma and is sitting out the season
- Made her first career start at Mississippi State (11/10)
- Had her second career double-double against Central Connecticut with 12 points and 10 rebounds (11/12)
- Came off the bench to score 10 points with six rebounds and six blocked shots in the game against Maryland, going 5-of-7 from the field (11/29)
- Had a career-high 14 rebounds with 10 points in 22 minutes against Ohio (12/17)
- Back-to-back double-doubles against Pitt and Syracuse to start ACC play. Added a third double-double against Clemson, giving her three in the first four ACC contests of 2018
- Scored a then- season-high 15 points with 13 rebounds at Florida State (2/8) only to top it a week later with 17 points and 11 rebounds against Notre Dame
- Appeared in all 33 games, averaging 4.6 points and 3.7 rebounds per game
- Ranked third in the ACC in blocked shots (54, 1.64 per game)
- Her 54 blocked shots ranks seventh in the Virginia record book for blocked shots in a single season.
- Made her collegiate debut in season-opener against Middle Tennessee, scoring four points with four blocks in four minutes (11/11)
- Came off the bench to log a double-double with 23 points and 12 rebounds in 22 minutes against Coppin State (11/13)
- Made her first seven field goal attempts against UIC, going 8-of-9 overall for 16 points in 16 minutes (12/16)
- Scored 10 points in 11 minutes at Syracuse (1/2)
- Scored 10 points with five rebounds and six blocked shots in ACC Tournament game against Wake Forest (3/2)
- Played her senior season at Blair Academy (N.J.), averaging 14.0 points per game
- Mid-Atlantic Prep League First-Team All-League
- NJISAA First-Team All-Prep
- As a junior at Nuemann Goretti High in Philadelphia, Pa., won the national title with the team going 30-0 and finishing as the top-ranked high school team in the country
- Rated as the No. 87 overall prospect and No. 14 at her position by ProspectNation and No. 15 among all 2016-17 centers by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Played on the Nigerian U16 National Team
- Daughter of Wemimo and Moses Aiyeotan
- Has a older brother, Remi, and a younger brother, Segun
- Undeclared major
AIYEOTAN'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 3/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA Tourney
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the Sweet...
Virginia Faces South Carolina in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2018
The No. 10 seed Virginia will play at No. 2 seed South Carolina on Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. in ...
No. 10 seed Virginia Upsets No. 7 seed Cal, 68-62
W. Basketball | 3/16/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after downing the Bears, 68-62
Virginia Faces Cal on Friday in NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 03/14/2018
Virginia will face California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in an NCAA Women's Basktball...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing Again
W. Basketball | 03/13/2018
In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet Cal (21-10) in the first...
- Online Stores