Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Thompson Starts Laying Groundwork
W. Basketball | 6/20/2018
Summer practice started Wednesday at John Paul Jones Arena for the Cavaliers and their new head...
Virginia to Face Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/11/2018
Virginia women's basketball to play Michigan State for just the second time as part of the 2018...
Thompson Inducted into Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame
W. Basketball | 6/10/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Tina Thompson was inducted into the Women’s...
Jeff White: Thompson Hits Ground Running
W. Basketball | 5/30/2018
Tina Thompson, who had a Hall of Fame playing career, took over last month as head women's...
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
- Online Stores