Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
Hunter Continues to Blossom for 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/18Another strong performance off the bench by redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter helped No. 2 Virginia rally for a 59-49 win at Wake Forest on Sunday night.1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Inside Virginia Women’s Basketball Returns Tonight
W. Basketball | 1/22/2018
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball airs tonight from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98.9-FM/1070-AM WINA with...
Virginia Tops Virginia Tech, 61-52
W. Basketball | 1/21/2018
The Cavaliers went on an 11-2 run in the final 1:44 of the game to pick up a 61-52 victory over...
Jeff White: 1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into Spotlight
W. Basketball | 1/20/2018
UVA's 1992-93 women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of ...
Virginia Hosts Virginia Tech on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/20/2018
The Cavaliers will be celebrating National Girls and Women in Sports Day when they take on the...
HOOS LIFE: Felicia Aiyeotan - Reaching Higher
W. Basketball | 1/17/2018
Sophomore center Felicia Aiyeotan worked hard in the offseason and is finding her confidence on...
Virginia Falls 55-48 at No. 16 Duke
W. Basketball | 1/14/2018
The Cavaliers had their eight-game win streak snapped as they suffered their first ACC loss,...
Virginia Plays at No. 16 Duke on Sunday
W. Basketball | 01/13/2018
The Cavaliers takes an eight-game win streak on the road to face Duke on Sunday at 3 p.m. in a...
Virginia Wins 68-57 at Boston College
W. Basketball | 01/11/2018
The Cavaliers won their eighth straight game and improved to 5-0 in the ACC with a 68-57 road win...
- Online Stores