Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Redshirt senior guard earns her second all-defensive team honor
Redshirt senior guard earns the first academic honor of her career
Cavaliers are eliminated from the ACC Tournament with a 77-76 loss to the Yellow Jackets
Winner will face Duke on Friday in the quarterfinals
Women's Basketball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs Florida State (By Dillon Harding)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
- Earned the second ACC All-Defensive Team honor of her career
- Was the lone Cavalier to earn a spot on the ACC All-Academic Team
- Candidate for the Good Works Team
- Finished her career ranked fifth on the Cavalier career steals list with 257
- Led the ACC in steals much of the season and ranked among the top-25 in the nation, averaging 2.7 per game
- Led the ACC in steals in conference games at 2.9 per game.
- Is second in the ACC in assist-to-turnover ratio in conference games at 2.3
- Is second on the team in rebounding, averaging a career-best 4.9 per game
- Finished her career with 907 points and 392 rebounds
- Averaged 8.2 points per game this season and 7.1 points over her four-year, 127-game career
- Pulled in a career-high 10 rebounds, narrowly missing getting her first career double-double with nine points against UMES
- Recorded 9 defensive rebounds against University of Maryland Eastern Shore
- Went 4-of-5 from three-point range, including making three treys in the final 1:19 of the first half against Tulane, scoring 13 points during a 20-point comeback against the Green Wave. She finished the game with a season-high 18 points
- Scored eight points with five rebounds, four assists and four steals in the comeback victory at Virginia Tech and posted an identical stat line in the next game against Notre Dame
- Scored nine points, with eight assists and six rebounds in the upset victory over No. 17 Florida State
- Scored 13 points, including 11 in the second half, at Duke, going 6-of-11
- Had an 11-game stretch during ACC play in which she made at least one three-pointer
- Footage of her scoring a layup while getting fouled against Maryland made the SportsCenter Top-10 Plays of the Day (Jan. 23), ranking No. 4
- Missed the 2012-13 season recovering from hip surgery
- Earned a spot on the 2012 ACC All-Defensive Team
- Named the team's Best Defensive Player
- Led Virginia in total steals (113) and steals per game (3.1)
- Those totals consistently ranked in the top 15 nationally and top three in the ACC all season long
- Averaged 9.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game in 36 appearances
- Started 24-consecutive games to end the season
- Scored in double figures on 18 occasions, highlighted by a 19-point performance vs. Radford (Dec. 18)
- Had at least five steals eight different times, including a seven-steal game vs. James Madison on Dec. 20
- Appeared in 30 games and started 13, averaging 5.5 points and 1.9 rebounds per game
- Reached double digits in points on six occasions, including a career-high 19 points vs. Radford (Dec. 6)
- Had her best performance of the season against the Highlanders, finishing 6-for-15 from the field and tying a career-high with three 3-pointers
- Appeared in 30 games and started 15 for the Cavaliers
- Averaged 5.0 points and 1.6 rebounds
- Led the team in free throw shooting, connecting on 35-of-43 (81 percent)
- Had eight double-digit scoring games, including a run of four-straight from Jan. 24 to Feb. 4 against ACC opponents Georgia Tech, NC State, Wake Forest and Clemson
- Scored a career-high 15 points at Wake Forest (Jan. 31), including a personal best three 3-pointers
- Hauled down a career-high seven rebounds in her first-career ACC Tournament contest vs. NC State (March 5)
- Received an honorable mention All-American nod from the 2009 Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA)
- Ranked as the No. 6 shooting guard and No. 26 overall player in the class by the Collegiate Girls Basketball Report
- Played AAU basketball for the Philadelphia Belles
- The Peddie School ended with 20-straight victories in Gerson's senior season and cracked the top 50 in national polls
- The Peddie School went on to win the state and MAPL championships, its fourth-straight
- Scored her 1,000th career point in February of her senior season
- Daughter of Mitch and Andrea Gerson
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish sixth in the official...
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 07/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
- Online Stores