Ninth-seeded Cavaliers face eighth-seeded Hurricanes on Thursday, March 5 at 2 p.m. at the Greensboro Coliseum
The Cavaliers outscored the Cardinals 28-10 over the final 8 minutes.
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Tigers erase a 19-point deficit, but the Cavaliers finish strong to improve to 15-7
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Women's Basketball vs. Louisville (By Kelsey Grant)
Sarah Imovbioh Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
· ACC rebounding leader, averaging 10.8 per game, which ranks 19th in the nation
· Became the seventh Cavalier to win the ACC rebounding title and the first since Aisha Mohammed paced the conference with a 10.1 average in 2009
· Her 334 rebounds this season is the third-highest single-season total in program history
· 13 double-doubles this season/ 27 in her career, ninth most in program history
· Became the 30th member of Virginia's 1,000 point club with 4:06 remaining in the first half of the Louisville game
· Ninth on the Virginia career rebounding list (793)
· Set the Virginia program record for rebounds in a single game with 24 in the season-opener against Ohio State (10 offensive, 14 defensive)
· Also scored 18 points against the Buckeyes, going 7-of-10 from the field
· ACC Player of the Week (Nov. 17)
· Scored a season-high 25 points, going 11-of-14 from the field, while also adding 15 rebounds against Longwood
· Named to the Cavalier Classic All-Tournament Team after scoring 21 points with 19 rebounds against Davidson and scoring 19 points with nine rebounds against Drexel
· Scored 18 points with 18 rebounds at Pitt
· Perfect 7-of-7 from the field against Louisville, scoring 22 points while also grabbing 17 rebounds
· Five 20-point games
· Ranked sixth in the ACC in rebounding at 8.2 per game, leading the Cavaliers
· Led the ACC in offensive rebounds at 4.0 per game
· Eighth in the ACC in field goal percentage (54.5 percent)
· Had 10 double-doubles this season
· Was second on the team in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game
· Posted three-straight double-doubles against High Point, LA Tech and Liberty
· Had a double-double with 20 points and 15 rebounds against Kansas State in the Junkanoo Jam, making all but two of the Cavaliers field goals in the first half
· Scored 12 points in 14 minutes against Maryland, going 5-of-5 from the field
· Scored 21 points with a career-high 10 offensive rebounds (and three defensive) at Syracuse
· Scored 11 points with 12 rebounds against No. 11 North Carolina
· Scored double digit points 18 times and had 11 double digit rebound games
· Scored then-career high 21 points twice against Syracuse and Georgia Tech
· Finished the season with a 27-point, 10-rebound performance against Georgia Tech in the second round of the ACC Tournament, going 9-of-11 from the field and 9-of-10 from the free throw line
· Led the ACC in field goal percentage, scoring on 59.1 percent of her shots
· Ranked 15th in the ACC in rebounding (6.8 per game)
· Started the first eight games of the season and the last five games of the season
· Her 21 points against JMU ties the record for the most by a rookie Cavalier in the season opener
· Put up double doubles in two of her first three collegiate games
· Had her second 20-pt effort against Syracuse, scoring 10 of those points in the first five minutes of the game. Was a perfect 8-for-8 from FT line
· Shot 80.0 percent from the field (12-of-15) and 91.6 percent from the line (11-of-12) at the San Juan Shootout tournament
· Led the ACC in shooting percentage (through Dec. 31), shooting 66.7 percent from the field
· Scored eight points with seven rebounds in eight minutes at No. 11 North Carolina
· Came off the bench for a double-double of 12 points and 15 rebounds at BC, the 15 rebounds matching the highest rebounding total of the season for a Cavalier player
· Scored 18 points with a career-high 18 rebounds in the overtime game against Wake Forest, also pulling in a season-high five rebounds
· Her 18 rebounds against Wake was the highest single-game total for a Cavalier player during the 2012-13 season
· Had four blocked shots with nine points and nine rebounds at NC State
· Ruled ineligible to compete and practice by the NCAA during her first year at UVa. The ruling was a result of a gap in her high school enrollment while living in Nigeria. NCAA bylaw 184.108.40.206.1 requires prospective student-athletes to complete their core-curriculum requirements within four consecutive years of their initial date of high school enrollment
· Imovbioh has three years of eligibility remaining, but has a unique situation. NCAA Rules state she could earn that fourth year back if she earns 80 percent of her degree by her fifth year (2015-16).
· A member of the Parade Magazine All-American High School Girls Basketball Team (May 2011)
· Ranked No. 15 at her position by ESPN HoopGurlz
· Played high school basketball at St. Anne's-Belfield High School in Charlottesville, Va.
· Averaged 29.0 points and 22.6 rebounds per game during her senior season
· Scored 31 points and grabbed 25 rebounds in her final high school game in the VIS Division II state championship game
· To end her 2009-10 high school season, she had a 53-point performance in the state semifinals
· Averaged 32.2 points, 20.0 rebounds, 4.9 blocked shots and 4.3 steals per game during her junior season of high school
· Parents are Peter and Esther Imovbioh
· Has two brothers, Richard and Philip, and a sister, Grace
· Sociology major
IMOVBIOH'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Monday
W. Basketball | 1/16/2017
Head coach Joanne Boyle and junior forward Lauren Moses will be the guests. The show airs at 6 p....
Virginia Downs Boston College, 62-55
W. Basketball | 1/15/2017
Breyana Mason scored 19 points, with 14 coming in the second half, to help lead the Cavaliers to ...
Virginia Hosts Boston College on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Boston College on Sunday, January 15 at 2 p.m. at John...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Tuesday
W. Basketball | 1/10/2017
The "Inside Virginia Women's Basketball" radio show airs Tuesday (Jan. 10) from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98...
Virginia Falls 67-58 at North Carolina
W. Basketball | 1/8/2017
Aliyah Huland El scored 13 points with five rebounds as the Cavaliers fell 67-58 at North Carolina.
Virginia Plays at North Carolina on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/7/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team (11-4, 0-2 ACC) plays at North Carolina (11-4, 0-2 ACC) on...
Jeff White: Finishing Touch Lacking for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 01/06/2017
Virginia, which lost Thursday night to No. 8 Louisville at John Paul Jones Arena, plays Sunday at...
Virginia Falls in OT to No.8 Louisville
W. Basketball | 01/05/2017
Dominique Toussaint hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to force overtime. Aliyah Huland El scored ...
- Online Stores