Ninth-seeded Cavaliers face eighth-seeded Hurricanes on Thursday, March 5 at 2 p.m. at the Greensboro Coliseum
The Cavaliers outscored the Cardinals 28-10 over the final 8 minutes.
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Tigers erase a 19-point deficit, but the Cavaliers finish strong to improve to 15-7
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Women's Basketball vs. Louisville (By Kelsey Grant)
Sarah Imovbioh Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
· ACC rebounding leader, averaging 10.8 per game, which ranks 19th in the nation
· Became the seventh Cavalier to win the ACC rebounding title and the first since Aisha Mohammed paced the conference with a 10.1 average in 2009
· Her 334 rebounds this season is the third-highest single-season total in program history
· 13 double-doubles this season/ 27 in her career, ninth most in program history
· Became the 30th member of Virginia's 1,000 point club with 4:06 remaining in the first half of the Louisville game
· Ninth on the Virginia career rebounding list (793)
· Set the Virginia program record for rebounds in a single game with 24 in the season-opener against Ohio State (10 offensive, 14 defensive)
· Also scored 18 points against the Buckeyes, going 7-of-10 from the field
· ACC Player of the Week (Nov. 17)
· Scored a season-high 25 points, going 11-of-14 from the field, while also adding 15 rebounds against Longwood
· Named to the Cavalier Classic All-Tournament Team after scoring 21 points with 19 rebounds against Davidson and scoring 19 points with nine rebounds against Drexel
· Scored 18 points with 18 rebounds at Pitt
· Perfect 7-of-7 from the field against Louisville, scoring 22 points while also grabbing 17 rebounds
· Five 20-point games
· Ranked sixth in the ACC in rebounding at 8.2 per game, leading the Cavaliers
· Led the ACC in offensive rebounds at 4.0 per game
· Eighth in the ACC in field goal percentage (54.5 percent)
· Had 10 double-doubles this season
· Was second on the team in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game
· Posted three-straight double-doubles against High Point, LA Tech and Liberty
· Had a double-double with 20 points and 15 rebounds against Kansas State in the Junkanoo Jam, making all but two of the Cavaliers field goals in the first half
· Scored 12 points in 14 minutes against Maryland, going 5-of-5 from the field
· Scored 21 points with a career-high 10 offensive rebounds (and three defensive) at Syracuse
· Scored 11 points with 12 rebounds against No. 11 North Carolina
· Scored double digit points 18 times and had 11 double digit rebound games
· Scored then-career high 21 points twice against Syracuse and Georgia Tech
· Finished the season with a 27-point, 10-rebound performance against Georgia Tech in the second round of the ACC Tournament, going 9-of-11 from the field and 9-of-10 from the free throw line
· Led the ACC in field goal percentage, scoring on 59.1 percent of her shots
· Ranked 15th in the ACC in rebounding (6.8 per game)
· Started the first eight games of the season and the last five games of the season
· Her 21 points against JMU ties the record for the most by a rookie Cavalier in the season opener
· Put up double doubles in two of her first three collegiate games
· Had her second 20-pt effort against Syracuse, scoring 10 of those points in the first five minutes of the game. Was a perfect 8-for-8 from FT line
· Shot 80.0 percent from the field (12-of-15) and 91.6 percent from the line (11-of-12) at the San Juan Shootout tournament
· Led the ACC in shooting percentage (through Dec. 31), shooting 66.7 percent from the field
· Scored eight points with seven rebounds in eight minutes at No. 11 North Carolina
· Came off the bench for a double-double of 12 points and 15 rebounds at BC, the 15 rebounds matching the highest rebounding total of the season for a Cavalier player
· Scored 18 points with a career-high 18 rebounds in the overtime game against Wake Forest, also pulling in a season-high five rebounds
· Her 18 rebounds against Wake was the highest single-game total for a Cavalier player during the 2012-13 season
· Had four blocked shots with nine points and nine rebounds at NC State
· Ruled ineligible to compete and practice by the NCAA during her first year at UVa. The ruling was a result of a gap in her high school enrollment while living in Nigeria. NCAA bylaw 126.96.36.199.1 requires prospective student-athletes to complete their core-curriculum requirements within four consecutive years of their initial date of high school enrollment
· Imovbioh has three years of eligibility remaining, but has a unique situation. NCAA Rules state she could earn that fourth year back if she earns 80 percent of her degree by her fifth year (2015-16).
· A member of the Parade Magazine All-American High School Girls Basketball Team (May 2011)
· Ranked No. 15 at her position by ESPN HoopGurlz
· Played high school basketball at St. Anne's-Belfield High School in Charlottesville, Va.
· Averaged 29.0 points and 22.6 rebounds per game during her senior season
· Scored 31 points and grabbed 25 rebounds in her final high school game in the VIS Division II state championship game
· To end her 2009-10 high school season, she had a 53-point performance in the state semifinals
· Averaged 32.2 points, 20.0 rebounds, 4.9 blocked shots and 4.3 steals per game during her junior season of high school
· Parents are Peter and Esther Imovbioh
· Has two brothers, Richard and Philip, and a sister, Grace
· Sociology major
IMOVBIOH'S CAREER STATS
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 4/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 3/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA Tourney
W. Basketball | 03/18/2018
A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the Sweet...
- Online Stores