Weekly radio show, hosted by Jay James, airs Monday nights from 6:06-7 p.m.
Three Cavaliers post career highs in the 73-68 loss
Short-handed Cavaliers lose third game in a row
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head coach Joanne Boyle
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. NC State (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
- Scored five points with six rebounds in 15 minutes against Providence
- Scored a career-high 20 points against Vanderbilt
- Followed that with another double-digit scoring effort against Syracue (10)
- Had a five-game stretch from Nov. 23-Dec. 6 in which she scored in double digits four of the five games
- Missed eight games during the season due to injury
- Appeared in 34 games, starting two
- Averaged 4.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on five occasions, including three double-digit scoring efforts to open the season
- Season-high 16 points vs. Radford on Dec. 18
- Appeared in 31 games and started one (vs. North Carolina A&T on Dec. 28)
- Averaged 3.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game
- Hauled down 17 rebounds in her collegiate debut at Hofstra (Nov. 12)
- Scored in double digits on three occasions - 12 points vs. Longwood (Nov. 21), 17 points vs. North Carolina A&T (Dec. 28) and 12 points vs. Maryland (Jan. 21)
- Had nine points and nine rebounds at Virginia Tech (Feb. 27)
- A three-time first team All-Metro selection by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and the newspaper's Player of the Year in 2009
- As a senior at Cosby High School, averaged 15.0 points, nine rebounds and three blocks while setting school records for career points (1,825) and surpassing the 1,000-rebound mark
- Played for Boo Williams Elite on the AAU level
- Also lettered in track and field (shot put)
- Parents are Steve and Jeaneen Pitts
- Has a brother, Steven
- Father, Steve played basketball at the University of Buffalo
PITTS' ACC STATS
PITTS' CAREER HIGHS
|Points||20 vs. Vanderbilt 11-23-12|
|Rebounds||17 at Hofstra, 11-12-10|
|Assists||3 vs. Richmond, 1-3-11|
|Steals||2 (7x), last vs. Wake, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 last vs. Richmond, 3-19-12|
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Women's Basketball Adds 6-9 Center Felicia Aiyeotan
W. Basketball | 4/19/2016
Felicia Aiyeotan of Blair Academy in New Jersey has signed a National Letter of Intent to play...
Virginia Season Ends with a 65-57 Loss at Hofstra
W. Basketball | 3/22/2016
Faith Randolph had a double-double in her final collegiate game with 13 points and 10 rebounds as...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Extend Season
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
Tuesday night at Hofstra (24-8), Virginia (18-15) will try to collect a third straight road win...
Virginia Plays at Hofstra in WNIT Round of 16 on Tuesday
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team (18-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Hofstra (24-8, 13-5 CAA) on...
Virginia Downs Rutgers 71-55 in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/20/2016
Video Highlights | Faith Randolph scored 23 points as the Cavaliers advance to play at Hofstra...
Virginia Plays Sunday in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2016
The Virginia women’s basketball team (17-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Rutgers (19-14, 8-10 Big...
Virginia Rallies for a 52-50 Victory at VCU
W. Basketball | 03/17/2016
Video Highlights | Faith Randolph hit a pair of free throws with 1.8 seconds remaining to send...
Virginia Plays Thursday at VCU in WNIT First Round
W. Basketball | 03/16/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team opens the WNIT by taking on VCU on Thursday, March 17 at 7 p...
- Online Stores