UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
- Scored a UVA career high 18 points against Coppin State (11/13)
- Started the season with a 9-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the first 3 games
- Made her first start of the season against UIC, scoring seven points with five assists (12/16)
- Scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting against Md. Eastern Shore (12/21)
- Scored nine points with a team-high 10 rebounds against UMBC (12/28)
- Let the team in scoring (10 pts) and reounding (6 reb) at Pitt (1/22)
- Made her second start of the season at Notre Dame, scoring 11 points in the first half and 14 overall, also dishing five assists and grabbing five steals (1/29)
- Recorded first career double-double (12 pts/10 rebs) in win over Georgia Tech (2/2)
- Scored 16 points in the first half against Wake Forest (2/12)
- Started both games of the WNIT, scoring 14 points in the win at Saint Joseph’s, including 9 points in fourth quarter
- Appeared in 33 games with six starts, averaging 5.0 points per game
- Scored 10 points, all in the third quarter, in her Cavalier debut at MT (11/13)
- Started Cavalier career with back-to-back 10- point games, scoring 11 in 21 minutes against Norfolk State
- Scored seven points with seven rebounds, three steals and two assists in 16 minutes against Bowling Green (12/8)
- Scored 11 points in her first career start at Duke (2/4)
- Scored 7 points in 7 minutes at Louisville (2/18)
- Scored a season-high 12 points with 7 rebounds vs UNC (2/25)
- Grabbed a season-high 10 rebounds at Rutgers (3/20)
- Sat out the season per NCAA transfer rules
- Averaged 5.9 points per game while twice earning Conference USA Freshman of the Week honors
- Scored a season-high 29 points against Louisiana Tech, going 11-of-14 from the field and 6-of-8 from three-point range against the Lady Techsters
- Averaged 25.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 3.4 spg, 2.4 apg & 1.2 bpg
- 2013 NCBCA Female Basketball POY, NC AP POY, All-District POY, Rocky Mount Female Athlete POY
- Three-time Big East POY, Rocky Mount Telegram All-Area POY
- Rocky Mount's All-Time Female Leading Scorer
- Three-time NC AP All-State First Team
- Two-time All-District First Team
- NC Prep All-State First Team
- NCHSAA Sectional MVP, All-Regional 1st Team
- Also lettered three years in track, earning MVP honors in 2013 and was the NCHSAA State Runner-up in discus
- Daughter of James and Jacqueline Brown
- Has two older siblings, James III and Jacquestavius
- Holds three House Records at Rocky Mount Bowling Center, along with several championships
- Graduated with a degree in American Studies
- Currently enrolled in an Education graduate program
BROWN'S CAREER STATS
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish sixth in the official...
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 07/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
- Online Stores