J'Kyra Brown - In her own words
Victory is the 900th win in program history
Lauren Moses had her third double-double of the year
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 31 games with four starts, averaging 9.7 points per game
- Has scored 923 career points in her collegiate career between ECU and Virginia (3/5)
- Has hit at least one three pointer in 25-straight games (3/5)
- Was in the starting lineup for the season-opener at Mississippi State, the 11th start of her UVA career
- Brought down seven rebounds against Georgia (11/16)
- Scored a team-high 15 points while going 4-of-4 from three-point range against UNCG (12/2)
- Had 13 points at Rutgers, scoring eight of UVA’s first 10 points in the contest (12/4)
- Scored a career-high 24 points in the win over Indiana (12/18), going 7-of-11 from the field and 6-of-6 from the freethrow line
- Had a streak of six-straight games scoring in double-digits from Nov. 26 (Duquesne) to Dec. 18 (Indiana), averaging 15.3 ppg in that span
- Scored 17 points against Notre Dame, only hitting one three-pointer (2/15)
- Scored a UVA career high 18 points against Coppin State (11/13)
- Started the season with a 9-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the first 3 games
- Made her first start of the season against UIC, scoring seven points with five assists (12/16)
- Scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting against Md. Eastern Shore (12/21)
- Scored nine points with a team-high 10 rebounds against UMBC (12/28)
- Let the team in scoring (10 pts) and reounding (6 reb) at Pitt (1/22)
- Made her second start of the season at Notre Dame, scoring 11 points in the first half and 14 overall, also dishing five assists and grabbing five steals (1/29)
- Recorded first career double-double (12 pts/10 rebs) in win over Georgia Tech (2/2)
- Scored 16 points in the first half against Wake Forest (2/12)
- Started both games of the WNIT, scoring 14 points in the win at Saint Joseph’s, including 9 points in fourth quarter
- Appeared in 33 games with six starts, averaging 5.0 points per game
- Scored 10 points, all in the third quarter, in her Cavalier debut at MT (11/13)
- Started Cavalier career with back-to-back 10- point games, scoring 11 in 21 minutes against Norfolk State
- Scored seven points with seven rebounds, three steals and two assists in 16 minutes against Bowling Green (12/8)
- Scored 11 points in her first career start at Duke (2/4)
- Scored 7 points in 7 minutes at Louisville (2/18)
- Scored a season-high 12 points with 7 rebounds vs UNC (2/25)
- Grabbed a season-high 10 rebounds at Rutgers (3/20)
- Sat out the season per NCAA transfer rules
- Averaged 5.9 points per game while twice earning Conference USA Freshman of the Week honors
- Scored a season-high 29 points against Louisiana Tech, going 11-of-14 from the field and 6-of-8 from three-point range against the Lady Techsters
- Averaged 25.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 3.4 spg, 2.4 apg & 1.2 bpg
- 2013 NCBCA Female Basketball POY, NC AP POY, All-District POY, Rocky Mount Female Athlete POY
- Three-time Big East POY, Rocky Mount Telegram All-Area POY
- Rocky Mount's All-Time Female Leading Scorer
- Three-time NC AP All-State First Team
- Two-time All-District First Team
- NC Prep All-State First Team
- NCHSAA Sectional MVP, All-Regional 1st Team
- Also lettered three years in track, earning MVP honors in 2013 and was the NCHSAA State Runner-up in discus
- Daughter of James and Jacqueline Brown
- Has two older siblings, James III and Jacquestavius
- Holds three House Records at Rocky Mount Bowling Center, along with several championships
- Graduated with a degree in American Studies
- Currently enrolled in an Education graduate program
BROWN'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 3/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA Tourney
W. Basketball | 3/18/2018
A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the Sweet...
Virginia Faces South Carolina in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2018
The No. 10 seed Virginia will play at No. 2 seed South Carolina on Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. in ...
No. 10 seed Virginia Upsets No. 7 seed Cal, 68-62
W. Basketball | 3/16/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after downing the Bears, 68-62
Virginia Faces Cal on Friday in NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 03/14/2018
Virginia will face California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in an NCAA Women's Basktball...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing Again
W. Basketball | 03/13/2018
In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet Cal (21-10) in the first...
- Online Stores