UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
- Scored a UVA career high 18 points against Coppin State (11/13)
- Started the season with a 9-1 assist-to-turnover ratio in the first 3 games
- Made her first start of the season against UIC, scoring seven points with five assists (12/16)
- Scored 14 points on 6-of-8 shooting against Md. Eastern Shore (12/21)
- Scored nine points with a team-high 10 rebounds against UMBC (12/28)
- Let the team in scoring (10 pts) and reounding (6 reb) at Pitt (1/22)
- Made her second start of the season at Notre Dame, scoring 11 points in the first half and 14 overall, also dishing five assists and grabbing five steals (1/29)
- Recorded first career double-double (12 pts/10 rebs) in win over Georgia Tech (2/2)
- Scored 16 points in the first half against Wake Forest (2/12)
- Started both games of the WNIT, scoring 14 points in the win at Saint Joseph’s, including 9 points in fourth quarter
- Appeared in 33 games with six starts, averaging 5.0 points per game
- Scored 10 points, all in the third quarter, in her Cavalier debut at MT (11/13)
- Started Cavalier career with back-to-back 10- point games, scoring 11 in 21 minutes against Norfolk State
- Scored seven points with seven rebounds, three steals and two assists in 16 minutes against Bowling Green (12/8)
- Scored 11 points in her first career start at Duke (2/4)
- Scored 7 points in 7 minutes at Louisville (2/18)
- Scored a season-high 12 points with 7 rebounds vs UNC (2/25)
- Grabbed a season-high 10 rebounds at Rutgers (3/20)
- Sat out the season per NCAA transfer rules
- Averaged 5.9 points per game while twice earning Conference USA Freshman of the Week honors
- Scored a season-high 29 points against Louisiana Tech, going 11-of-14 from the field and 6-of-8 from three-point range against the Lady Techsters
- Averaged 25.5 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 3.4 spg, 2.4 apg & 1.2 bpg
- 2013 NCBCA Female Basketball POY, NC AP POY, All-District POY, Rocky Mount Female Athlete POY
- Three-time Big East POY, Rocky Mount Telegram All-Area POY
- Rocky Mount's All-Time Female Leading Scorer
- Three-time NC AP All-State First Team
- Two-time All-District First Team
- NC Prep All-State First Team
- NCHSAA Sectional MVP, All-Regional 1st Team
- Also lettered three years in track, earning MVP honors in 2013 and was the NCHSAA State Runner-up in discus
- Daughter of James and Jacqueline Brown
- Has two older siblings, James III and Jacquestavius
- Holds three House Records at Rocky Mount Bowling Center, along with several championships
- Graduated with a degree in American Studies
- Currently enrolled in an Education graduate program
BROWN'S CAREER STATS
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Plays Ohio, Indiana in West Palm Invitational
W. Basketball | 12/16/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (4-6) will travel to the West Palm Invitational this...
NGWSD: Honoring 1992-93 Virginia Women’s Basketball Team
W. Basketball | 12/7/2017
The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored at halftime of the women's...
Virginia Falls 52-43 at Rutgers
W. Basketball | 12/4/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (4-6) fell 52-43 at Rutgers (8-2) on Monday night at...
Virginia Plays at Rutgers on Monday
W. Basketball | 12/3/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final game before exam break on Monday, Dec. 4 at ...
Virginia Tops UNCG, 68-50
W. Basketball | 12/2/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team defeated UNCG on Saturday evening to pick up the 900th win...
Virginia Hosts UNCG on Saturday
W. Basketball | 12/1/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game before exam break, taking on UNCG ...
Virginia Falls 60-59 to No. 15 Maryland
W. Basketball | 11/29/2017
The Cavaliers used a big third quarter to erase a 12-point deficit in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, ...
Virginia Hosts No. 15 Maryland in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 11/28/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts No. 15 Maryland in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on...
- Online Stores