UVA guard vying to compete at the FIBA U19 World Cup
Virginia guards earn postseason conference honor
UVA guard garners her first conference accolade
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
- Appointed as a non-voting, student-athlete member of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee
- Attended USA Basketball U19 Women's World Cup Team trials at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. (May 18-21)
- All-ACC Freshmen Team
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Started all 33 games for the Cavaliers, averaging 9.8 points and a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, also grabbing 55 steals with 55 assists
- Second among ACC freshmen in rebounding (6.2 per game) and led the conference rookies in steals per game (1.7 per game, 55 overall)
- Second among ACC freshmen in scoring at 9.8 points per game
- Became the first freshman to lead UVA in rebounding since Brandi Teamer in 2002 and the first freshman guard to do so since Chrissy Reese in 1980
- Only player on the 2016-17 UVA team to have two 20-point games in the season
- Was in the starting lineup for her collegiate debut against Middle Tennessee, scoring 13 points with a game-high nine rebounds (11/11)
- Started the Coppin State game going 8-of-8, scoring all 21 of her points in the first half (11/13)
- Had her first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds against St. John’s (11/25)
- Had her second double-double of the season at Georgia, with 13 points and 10 rebounds while also grabbing a season-high six steals (12/19)
- MVP of the Cavalier Classic Tournament with a combined 27 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and two steals in the two games (12/29)
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week (Jan. 30) after helping lead the Cavaliers on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor against No. 19/21 Virginia Tech and No. 8/9 Notre Dame. Led the team in scoring in both games, including scoring 18 points in the 76-27 win over Virginia Tech, going 6-of-8 from the floor and 6-of-7 from the stripe against the Hokies
- Scored team-high 17 points in ACC Tourney win over Wake (3/2)
- Scored a career-high 25 points in WNIT win at Saint Joseph’s, including scoring nine crucial points in the fourth quarter (3/17)
- 2016 Gatorade New Jersey Girl's Basketball Player of the Year
- 2016 MaxPreps All-America Fourth Team
- Two-time First Team All-State and All-County
- Averaged 21.9 points, 12.8 rebounds, 3.9 blocks, 3.8 assists and 3.1 steals per contest her senior season
- Became the first player at Newark Academy l to score 1,000 career points, doing so in her sophomore season.
- As a freshman and sophomore, she helped lead Newark to two-straight seasons with 21-or-more wins and back-to-back Prep B girls’ basketball state titles.
- Ranked the No. 8 wing in her class and No. 47 player overall by ESPN-W and No. 5 at her position and No. 28 overall by Prospects Nation
- Daughter of KJ and Cheryl Willoughby
- Older brother, Kelly III
- Has participated in service missions to Guatemala and New Orleans
- Undeclared major
WILLOUGHBY'S CAREER STATS
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish sixth in the official...
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 07/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
- Online Stores