Both players earn the honor for the second time in their careers
UVA guard vying to compete at the FIBA U19 World Cup
Virginia guards earn postseason conference honor
UVA guard garners her first conference accolade
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
- Appointed as a non-voting, student-athlete member of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee. Her tenure runs through her senior season
- All-ACC Academic Team, second time earning the honor
- Scored a team-high 19 points in the win over Central Connecticut and followed that with a 17-point performance against Georiga (11/16)
- Scored 11 points in 22 minutes against UNCG, going 5-of-7 from the field (12/2)
- Led team with 14 points at Rutgers (12/4)
- Scored 18 points on 7-of-9 shooting with 11 rebounds for her first double-double of the season at BC (1/11); follwed that with a second straight double-double at Duke with 11 points and 10 rebounds
- Scored eight points with 10 rebounds (including six O-boards) at FSU (2/8)
- Attended USA Basketball U19 Women's World Cup Team trials at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. (May 18-21)
- All-ACC Freshmen Team
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Started all 33 games for the Cavaliers, averaging 9.8 points and a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, also grabbing 55 steals with 55 assists
- Second among ACC freshmen in rebounding (6.2 per game) and led the conference rookies in steals per game (1.7 per game, 55 overall)
- Second among ACC freshmen in scoring at 9.8 points per game
- Became the first freshman to lead UVA in rebounding since Brandi Teamer in 2002 and the first freshman guard to do so since Chrissy Reese in 1980
- Only player on the 2016-17 UVA team to have two 20-point games in the season
- Was in the starting lineup for her collegiate debut against Middle Tennessee, scoring 13 points with a game-high nine rebounds (11/11)
- Started the Coppin State game going 8-of-8, scoring all 21 of her points in the first half (11/13)
- Had her first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds against St. John’s (11/25)
- Had her second double-double of the season at Georgia, with 13 points and 10 rebounds while also grabbing a season-high six steals (12/19)
- MVP of the Cavalier Classic Tournament with a combined 27 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and two steals in the two games (12/29)
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week (Jan. 30) after helping lead the Cavaliers on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor against No. 19/21 Virginia Tech and No. 8/9 Notre Dame. Led the team in scoring in both games, including scoring 18 points in the 76-27 win over Virginia Tech, going 6-of-8 from the floor and 6-of-7 from the stripe against the Hokies
- Scored team-high 17 points in ACC Tourney win over Wake (3/2)
- Scored a career-high 25 points in WNIT win at Saint Joseph’s, including scoring nine crucial points in the fourth quarter (3/17)
- 2016 Gatorade New Jersey Girl's Basketball Player of the Year
- 2016 MaxPreps All-America Fourth Team
- Two-time First Team All-State and All-County
- Averaged 21.9 points, 12.8 rebounds, 3.9 blocks, 3.8 assists and 3.1 steals per contest her senior season
- Became the first player at Newark Academy l to score 1,000 career points, doing so in her sophomore season.
- As a freshman and sophomore, she helped lead Newark to two-straight seasons with 21-or-more wins and back-to-back Prep B girls’ basketball state titles.
- Ranked the No. 8 wing in her class and No. 47 player overall by ESPN-W and No. 5 at her position and No. 28 overall by Prospects Nation
- Daughter of KJ and Cheryl Willoughby
- Older brother, Kelly III
- Has participated in service missions to Guatemala and New Orleans
- Undeclared major
WILLOUGHBY'S CAREER STATS
End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing AgainWomen's Basketball3/13/18In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet California (21-10) in the first round Friday at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Faces South Carolina in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2018
The No. 10 seed Virginia will play at No. 2 seed South Carolina on Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. in ...
No. 10 seed Virginia Upsets No. 7 seed Cal, 68-62
W. Basketball | 3/16/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after downing the Bears, 68-62
Virginia Faces Cal on Friday in NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 3/14/2018
Virginia will face California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in an NCAA Women's Basktball...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing Again
W. Basketball | 3/13/2018
In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet Cal (21-10) in the first...
Virginia Earns At-Large Bid to the NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 3/12/2018
The 10-seed Cavaliers will take on 7-seed California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
No. 5 Notre Dame beats Virginia 83-47 in ACC quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/2/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament to Notre...
Moses, Willoughby Named to the ACC All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Lauren Moses and Jocelyn Willoughby have been voted to the ACC All-Academic Team for the second...
Virginia Downs Georgia Tech 60-58 in ACC Tournament Opener
W. Basketball | 03/01/2018
The Cavalier women's basketball will face Notre Dame on Friday at 6 p.m. in the ACC Tournament...
- Online Stores