UVA guard vying to compete at the FIBA U19 World Cup
Virginia guards earn postseason conference honor
UVA guard garners her first conference accolade
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
- Appointed as a non-voting, student-athlete member of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Oversight Committee
- Attended USA Basketball U19 Women's World Cup Team trials at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo. (May 18-21)
- All-ACC Freshmen Team
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Started all 33 games for the Cavaliers, averaging 9.8 points and a team-high 6.2 rebounds per game, also grabbing 55 steals with 55 assists
- Second among ACC freshmen in rebounding (6.2 per game) and led the conference rookies in steals per game (1.7 per game, 55 overall)
- Second among ACC freshmen in scoring at 9.8 points per game
- Became the first freshman to lead UVA in rebounding since Brandi Teamer in 2002 and the first freshman guard to do so since Chrissy Reese in 1980
- Only player on the 2016-17 UVA team to have two 20-point games in the season
- Was in the starting lineup for her collegiate debut against Middle Tennessee, scoring 13 points with a game-high nine rebounds (11/11)
- Started the Coppin State game going 8-of-8, scoring all 21 of her points in the first half (11/13)
- Had her first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds against St. John’s (11/25)
- Had her second double-double of the season at Georgia, with 13 points and 10 rebounds while also grabbing a season-high six steals (12/19)
- MVP of the Cavalier Classic Tournament with a combined 27 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, three blocks and two steals in the two games (12/29)
- Named the ACC Rookie of the Week (Jan. 30) after helping lead the Cavaliers on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor against No. 19/21 Virginia Tech and No. 8/9 Notre Dame. Led the team in scoring in both games, including scoring 18 points in the 76-27 win over Virginia Tech, going 6-of-8 from the floor and 6-of-7 from the stripe against the Hokies
- Scored team-high 17 points in ACC Tourney win over Wake (3/2)
- Scored a career-high 25 points in WNIT win at Saint Joseph’s, including scoring nine crucial points in the fourth quarter (3/17)
- 2016 Gatorade New Jersey Girl's Basketball Player of the Year
- 2016 MaxPreps All-America Fourth Team
- Two-time First Team All-State and All-County
- Averaged 21.9 points, 12.8 rebounds, 3.9 blocks, 3.8 assists and 3.1 steals per contest her senior season
- Became the first player at Newark Academy l to score 1,000 career points, doing so in her sophomore season.
- As a freshman and sophomore, she helped lead Newark to two-straight seasons with 21-or-more wins and back-to-back Prep B girls’ basketball state titles.
- Ranked the No. 8 wing in her class and No. 47 player overall by ESPN-W and No. 5 at her position and No. 28 overall by Prospects Nation
- Daughter of KJ and Cheryl Willoughby
- Older brother, Kelly III
- Has participated in service missions to Guatemala and New Orleans
- Undeclared major
WILLOUGHBY'S CAREER STATS
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Plays Ohio, Indiana in West Palm Invitational
W. Basketball | 12/16/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (4-6) will travel to the West Palm Invitational this...
NGWSD: Honoring 1992-93 Virginia Women’s Basketball Team
W. Basketball | 12/7/2017
The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored at halftime of the women's...
Virginia Falls 52-43 at Rutgers
W. Basketball | 12/4/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (4-6) fell 52-43 at Rutgers (8-2) on Monday night at...
Virginia Plays at Rutgers on Monday
W. Basketball | 12/3/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final game before exam break on Monday, Dec. 4 at ...
Virginia Tops UNCG, 68-50
W. Basketball | 12/2/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team defeated UNCG on Saturday evening to pick up the 900th win...
Virginia Hosts UNCG on Saturday
W. Basketball | 12/1/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game before exam break, taking on UNCG ...
Virginia Falls 60-59 to No. 15 Maryland
W. Basketball | 11/29/2017
The Cavaliers used a big third quarter to erase a 12-point deficit in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, ...
Virginia Hosts No. 15 Maryland in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 11/28/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts No. 15 Maryland in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on...
- Online Stores