Lauren Moses had her third double-double of the year
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
Lauren Moses scored a career-high 27 points
The Cavaliers were limited to 33.3 percent shooting Thursday night.
Cavaliers finish the non-conference slate at 10-4
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
- Changed jersey number to three for senior season, after wearing 21 for her first three years
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes against Coppin State (11/13)
- Scored a career-high 27 points at Richmond, including 11 pts in the 1st half and made four free throws in final 21 seconds to put the game away (11/16)
- Named to the South Point Shootout All-Tournament Team after scoring 19 points in the win over Nebraska (11/26)
- Double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds vs MDES (12/21)
- Started all 34 games
- 13th in the ACC in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game
- Four double-doubles, eight double-digit rebounding games and 16 double-digit scoring efforts
- Team-high 13 pts at Middle Tennessee, first time leading the team in scoring by herself
- Scored a career-high 18 points at the Paradise Jam against Rutgers (11/27)
- Named to the Paradise Jam All-Tournament Team
- Double-double against NJIT (12/5) with 14 points (on 7-of-9 shooting) with 11 reb followed by a double-double of 12 points, 11 rebounds against BGSU (12/8)
- Was named the MVP of the Cavalier Classic Tournament after scoring 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting (starting the game 7-of-7) against Coppin, followed by a double-double with 13 points and a career-high 14 rebounds against Richmond
- Scored 11 points with a career-high 15 rebounds in the win at BC
- Appeared in all 31 games with 30 starts
- 13th in the ACC in blocked shots with 1.10 per game
- Made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, starting the game, playing 20 minutes with four points and seven rebounds
- Had her first double-digit scoring game against Toledo, scoring 14 points with eight rebounds
- Led the team with 13 rebounds at Illinois, her first career double-digit rebounding effort
- Had her first career double-double at Clemson with 15 pts, 10 rebounds
- In the victory over Wake Forest, scored eight points, going 4-of-5 from the field, with seven rebounds, two steals, two assists and three blocked shots, including a crucial block in the final 20 seconds
- Nearly had her second career double-double with 11 points and 9 rebounds at North Carolina
- Scored 11 points with eight rebounds in the ACC Tournament game against Miami
- Led Rancocas Valley Regional High School to four-straight State Championship games and two state titles (2013, 2011)
- Scored 1,823 points in her high school career to become Rancocas Valley's all-time leading scorer in school history, breaking the previous mark set by UVA alumna Demya Walker
- Two-time Star Ledger First Team All-State and also earned second team honors as a freshman and sophomore
- Four-time First Team Group Four in New Jersey and four-time First Team All-County
- Three-time First Team All-South Jersey after being named to the second team as a freshman
- Ranked in the espnW 100 rankings at No. 17 in her position and No. 98 overall
- Daughter of Vernon and Trinice Moses
- Brother, Dezman Moses, was an outside linebacker for the Green Bay packers (2012-13) and is currently on the Kansas City Chiefs' roster
- Also has an older sister, Shaina
- American Studies major
MOSES' CAREER STATS
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
ACC Women’s Basketball Preseason Poll Announced
W. Basketball | 10/19/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team has been predicted to finish sixth in the official...
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 07/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
- Online Stores