Both players earn the honor for the second time in their careers
Lauren Moses - In her own words
Lauren Moses had her third double-double of the year
Jocelyn Willoughby scores 16 points to lead the Virginia offense
Lauren Moses scored a career-high 27 points
UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
- All-ACC Academic Team, second time earning the honor
- Finished her career with 1,047 career points, ranking 30th in program history
- Blocked 103 shots in her career, ranking eighth in program history. Grabbed 748 career rebounds, finishing just outside the top-10 in program history
- Finished the season appearing in 31 games with nine starts, averaging 7.2 points per game and 4.8 rebounds per game
- Became the 34th member of the UVA 1,000 point club with 5:48 remaining in the fourth quarter of the Notre Dame game (2/15)
- Became the eighth player in program history to block 100 shots in her career at Virginia Tech (2/11)
- Named to the Cavalier Classic all-tournament team after getting a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds against Harvard (11/25), her second time earning all-tourney honors at the Cav Classic after also doing so in 2015
- Scored a then-season-high 14 points in the win over Indiana (12/18) only to top it the next game with a 16-point performance against Manhattan (12/21). She started the game against the Jaspers making six of her first seven field goal attempts, scoring her first 14 points in 14 minutes on the floor
- Scored 11 points (going 5-of-7 from the floor) with seven rebounds in the win over Virginia Tech. Had an important and-one and took a crucial charge in the final two minutes (1/21)
- Just missed a double-double with 14 points and 9 rebounds against North Carolina (1/25)
- Scored 12 points with nine rebounds, going 4-of-4 from the field and the same from the line in the ACC Tournament win over Georgia Tech, also taking a charge in the final three seconds to seal the victory (3/1)
- Changed jersey number to three for senior season, after wearing 21 for her first three years
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds in 23 minutes against Coppin State (11/13)
- Scored a career-high 27 points at Richmond, including 11 pts in the 1st half and made four free throws in final 21 seconds to put the game away (11/16)
- Named to the South Point Shootout All-Tournament Team after scoring 19 points in the win over Nebraska (11/26)
- Double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds vs MDES (12/21)
- Started all 34 games
- 13th in the ACC in rebounding, averaging 6.9 per game
- Four double-doubles, eight double-digit rebounding games and 16 double-digit scoring efforts
- Team-high 13 pts at Middle Tennessee, first time leading the team in scoring by herself
- Scored a career-high 18 points at the Paradise Jam against Rutgers (11/27)
- Named to the Paradise Jam All-Tournament Team
- Double-double against NJIT (12/5) with 14 points (on 7-of-9 shooting) with 11 reb followed by a double-double of 12 points, 11 rebounds against BGSU (12/8)
- Was named the MVP of the Cavalier Classic Tournament after scoring 17 points on 7-of-8 shooting (starting the game 7-of-7) against Coppin, followed by a double-double with 13 points and a career-high 14 rebounds against Richmond
- Scored 11 points with a career-high 15 rebounds in the win at BC
- Appeared in all 31 games with 30 starts
- 13th in the ACC in blocked shots with 1.10 per game
- Made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, starting the game, playing 20 minutes with four points and seven rebounds
- Had her first double-digit scoring game against Toledo, scoring 14 points with eight rebounds
- Led the team with 13 rebounds at Illinois, her first career double-digit rebounding effort
- Had her first career double-double at Clemson with 15 pts, 10 rebounds
- In the victory over Wake Forest, scored eight points, going 4-of-5 from the field, with seven rebounds, two steals, two assists and three blocked shots, including a crucial block in the final 20 seconds
- Nearly had her second career double-double with 11 points and 9 rebounds at North Carolina
- Scored 11 points with eight rebounds in the ACC Tournament game against Miami
- Led Rancocas Valley Regional High School to four-straight State Championship games and two state titles (2013, 2011)
- Scored 1,823 points in her high school career to become Rancocas Valley's all-time leading scorer in school history, breaking the previous mark set by UVA alumna Demya Walker
- Two-time Star Ledger First Team All-State and also earned second team honors as a freshman and sophomore
- Four-time First Team Group Four in New Jersey and four-time First Team All-County
- Three-time First Team All-South Jersey after being named to the second team as a freshman
- Ranked in the espnW 100 rankings at No. 17 in her position and No. 98 overall
- Daughter of Vernon and Trinice Moses
- Brother, Dezman Moses, was an outside linebacker for the Green Bay packers (2012-13) and the Kansas City Chiefs' (2013-16)
- Also has an older sister, Shaina
- American Studies major
MOSES' CAREER STATS
Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Face Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/11/2018
Virginia women's basketball to play Michigan State for just the second time as part of the 2018...
Thompson Inducted into Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame
W. Basketball | 6/10/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Tina Thompson was inducted into the Women’s...
Jeff White: Thompson Hits Ground Running
W. Basketball | 5/30/2018
Tina Thompson, who had a Hall of Fame playing career, took over last month as head women's...
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 04/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
- Online Stores