Six-seed Cavaliers open the tournament hosting 11-seed Boston College
Four players and three team managers will be honored on Senior Day
Cavaliers close out the 2012-13 regular season by hosting No. 24 Florida State
Cavaliers drop their fifth straight game
Cavaliers looking to snap a four-game losing streak
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Senior Day vs. Florida State (by Thomas Wilson)
Pink Game vs. Maryland (by Thomas Wilson)
Virginia vs. No. 5 Duke
Women's Basketball vs. Georgia Tech (by Matt Riley)
- Ranked eighth in the ACC in rebounding (7.7 per game)
- Finished the season with three double-doubles, the first three of her career
- Tied the Virginia record for free throws made in a game with 16 (of 17) against Georgia Tech (Feb. 3)
- Did not miss a free throw through the first nine games (11-of-11)
- Tied a career high with 14 points at Penn and tied her career high for steals with 4
- Played 40 minutes against Coppin State, pulling in 13 rebounds
- Earned MVP honors at the Cavalier Classic tournament
- Had a 14-rebound performance against Norfolk State and scored 10 points with a career-high four blocks against Xavier in the tournament
- Hit three-pointers in back-to-back games during the Cavalier Classic (2-for-3)
- Had the first double-double of her career at Miami (10 pts, 11 reb)
- Followed the Miami performance with her second career double-double at GaTech with a then-career-high 18 points and 10 rebounds
- Had a third-straight double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds against NC State
- Scored a career-high 28 points against GaTech, tying the UVa record with 16 made free throws, making 13 straight in the game
- Named the team's Most Improved Player
- Appeared in 34 games and averaged 5.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game
- Field goal percentage improved from 37 percent in 2011-12 to 43 percent in 2011-12 and she also improved statistically in points per game, rebounds per game, free throw percentage and three-point field goal percentage
- Season-high 14 points vs. Appalachian State in the 2012 WNIT on March 22
- Appeared in 35 games and averaged 4.2 points and 3.4 rebounds per game
- Reached the 10-point plateau on six occasions, including back-to-back 10-point performances against Mount St. Mary's (Nov. 14) and at No. 4 Tennessee (Nov. 18)
- Also added eight rebounds against the Lady Volunteers and had three steals and a block
- Scored 12 points vs. Wake Forest (Feb. 3)
- Appeared in 30 games and averaged 4.1 points and 4.2 rebounds per game
- Shared the team's Rookie of the Year and Most Improved Player Awards with classmate Simone Egwu
- Set a career-high and was one off the school record with 20 rebounds on Feb. 15 vs. No. 20 North Carolina
- Scored a career-high 14 points against Liberty (Dec. 29)
- Swatted a personal best three shots against Furman (Dec. 8)
- A first team all-state selection by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The player of the year in Georgia for 5A as a senior and finished her career at Marietta with more than 1,800 points
- Selected to the Atlanta Tip Off Club's All-Metro Atlanta Team of the Year
- Played in the 2009 GACA High School State All-Star Girls Basketball Game
- Averaged a double-double for Marietta High School
- Played for the Georgia Metros on the AAU level
- Daughter of Andrew and Patricia McCall
McCALL'S CAREER STATS
McCALL'S CAREER HIGHS
|Points||28 vs. Georgia Tech, 2/3/13|
|3-Pointers||2 vs. Mount St. Mary's, 11-14-10|
|Rebounds||20 vs. No. 20 North Carolina, 2-15-10|
|Assists||4 vs. JMU, 11-09-12|
|Steals||4 (3x), last at Penn, 11-12-12|
|Blocks||4 vs. Xavier, 12/29/12|
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
2016-17 Women's Basketball Schedule Released
W. Basketball | 9/15/2016
The Cavaliers open the 2016-17 season at home on November 11, hosting Middle Tennessee State.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2016-17 Season Tickets On ...
W. Basketball | 8/1/2016
Season tickets for the 2016-17 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Jeff White: Moses Seizes Chance to Broaden Horizons
W. Basketball | 7/29/2016
Virginia's top returning post player, junior forward Lauren Moses, has had an eventful summer...
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 7/8/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
Jeff White: Taylor Back in Familiar Surroundings
W. Basketball | 7/1/2016
Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of two new assistants...
Jeff White: Towering Center Boosts Frontcourt
W. Basketball | 6/21/2016
The Cavaliers' four freshmen include 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan, a native of Nigeria who graduated from...
Graham Named Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 06/20/2016
Katherine Graham, who was an assistant coach last season at Western Kentucky and went to the...
Tim Taylor Named Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 06/14/2016
Virginia women's basketball head coach Joanne Boyle announced the hiring of Tim Taylor as an...
- Online Stores