UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Missed 10 games, beginning with Hampton (11/21), with a foot injury. Dressed for the Syracuse game (12/31), but did not play. Returned to action against Clemson (1/7)
- Appeared in 15 games, averaging 8.0 minutes per game
- Appeared in 25 games, scoring 40 points with 21 rebounds
- Missed the first eight games of the season with a leg injury
- Made her season debut against UIC, scoring 3 points in 12 minutes (12/16)
- Scored nine points in 18 minutes against MDES (12/21)
- Appeared in 33 games with one start, scoring 98 points
- Made her collegiate debut at Middle Tennessee, scoring six points with five rebounds in 24 minutes
- Had her first double-digit scoring effort against Norfolk State with 10 points on 3-of-3 shooting
- Pulled in seven rebounds against NJIT (12/5)
- Scored eight points at Florida State (1/21)
- Made her first collegiate start against Virginia Tech
- Averaged 11.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.1 steals and 3.1 blocks per game in four years at Riverside High School
- PAC 6 All-Conference and All-State team honors
- Named to the North Carolina/South Carolina All-Star Game roster
- McDonald's High School All-America nominee
- ESPN-W's No. 61 overall recruit and No. 11 at her position
- Participated in the 2014 USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team Trials
- Was also a middle hitter for three years for the RHS volleyball team, earning PAC 6 All-Conference honors
- Parents are Bobby Jones Jr. and Sherai Jones
- Has an older brother, Jordan
- Drama major
JONES' CAREER STATS
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Thompson Starts Laying Groundwork
W. Basketball | 6/20/2018
Summer practice started Wednesday at John Paul Jones Arena for the Cavaliers and their new head...
Virginia to Face Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/11/2018
Virginia women's basketball to play Michigan State for just the second time as part of the 2018...
Thompson Inducted into Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame
W. Basketball | 6/10/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Tina Thompson was inducted into the Women’s...
Jeff White: Thompson Hits Ground Running
W. Basketball | 5/30/2018
Tina Thompson, who had a Hall of Fame playing career, took over last month as head women's...
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
- Online Stores