UVA vs. No. 8 Notre Dame January 29, 2017
Duke holds off Hoos 57-53 in ACC Tournament in Greensboro, N.C.
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Missed 10 games, beginning with Hampton (11/21) with a foot injury. Dressed for the Syracuse game (12/31), but did not play. Returned to action against Clemson (1/7)
- Appeared in 25 games, scoring 40 points with 21 rebounds
- Missed the first eight games of the season with a leg injury
- Made her season debut against UIC, scoring 3 points in 12 minutes (12/16)
- Scored nine points in 18 minutes against MDES (12/21)
- Appeared in 33 games with one start, scoring 98 points
- Made her collegiate debut at Middle Tennessee, scoring six points with five rebounds in 24 minutes
- Had her first double-digit scoring effort against Norfolk State with 10 points on 3-of-3 shooting
- Pulled in seven rebounds against NJIT (12/5)
- Scored eight points at Florida State (1/21)
- Made her first collegiate start against Virginia Tech
- Averaged 11.7 points, 6.5 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1.1 steals and 3.1 blocks per game in four years at Riverside High School
- PAC 6 All-Conference and All-State team honors
- Named to the North Carolina/South Carolina All-Star Game roster
- McDonald's High School All-America nominee
- ESPN-W's No. 61 overall recruit and No. 11 at her position
- Participated in the 2014 USA Basketball Women's U18 National Team Trials
- Was also a middle hitter for three years for the RHS volleyball team, earning PAC 6 All-Conference honors
- Parents are Bobby Jones Jr. and Sherai Jones
- Has an older brother, Jordan
- Drama major
JONES' CAREER STATS
End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing AgainWomen's Basketball3/13/18In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet California (21-10) in the first round Friday at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Faces South Carolina in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2018
The No. 10 seed Virginia will play at No. 2 seed South Carolina on Sunday, March 18 at 9 p.m. in ...
No. 10 seed Virginia Upsets No. 7 seed Cal, 68-62
W. Basketball | 3/16/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament after downing the Bears, 68-62
Virginia Faces Cal on Friday in NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 3/14/2018
Virginia will face California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in an NCAA Women's Basktball...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing Again
W. Basketball | 3/13/2018
In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet Cal (21-10) in the first...
Virginia Earns At-Large Bid to the NCAA Tournament
W. Basketball | 3/12/2018
The 10-seed Cavaliers will take on 7-seed California on Friday, March 16 at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
No. 5 Notre Dame beats Virginia 83-47 in ACC quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/2/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament to Notre...
Moses, Willoughby Named to the ACC All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Lauren Moses and Jocelyn Willoughby have been voted to the ACC All-Academic Team for the second...
Virginia Downs Georgia Tech 60-58 in ACC Tournament Opener
W. Basketball | 03/01/2018
The Cavalier women's basketball will face Notre Dame on Friday at 6 p.m. in the ACC Tournament...
- Online Stores