Weekly radio show, hosted by Jay James, airs Monday nights from 6:06-7 p.m.
Three Cavaliers post career highs in the 73-68 loss
Short-handed Cavaliers lose third game in a row
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head coach Joanne Boyle
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. NC State (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
- Scored five points with six rebounds in 15 minutes against Providence
- Scored a career-high 20 points against Vanderbilt
- Followed that with another double-digit scoring effort against Syracue (10)
- Had a five-game stretch from Nov. 23-Dec. 6 in which she scored in double digits four of the five games
- Missed eight games during the season due to injury
- Appeared in 34 games, starting two
- Averaged 4.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on five occasions, including three double-digit scoring efforts to open the season
- Season-high 16 points vs. Radford on Dec. 18
- Appeared in 31 games and started one (vs. North Carolina A&T on Dec. 28)
- Averaged 3.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game
- Hauled down 17 rebounds in her collegiate debut at Hofstra (Nov. 12)
- Scored in double digits on three occasions - 12 points vs. Longwood (Nov. 21), 17 points vs. North Carolina A&T (Dec. 28) and 12 points vs. Maryland (Jan. 21)
- Had nine points and nine rebounds at Virginia Tech (Feb. 27)
- A three-time first team All-Metro selection by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and the newspaper's Player of the Year in 2009
- As a senior at Cosby High School, averaged 15.0 points, nine rebounds and three blocks while setting school records for career points (1,825) and surpassing the 1,000-rebound mark
- Played for Boo Williams Elite on the AAU level
- Also lettered in track and field (shot put)
- Parents are Steve and Jeaneen Pitts
- Has a brother, Steven
- Father, Steve played basketball at the University of Buffalo
PITTS' ACC STATS
PITTS' CAREER HIGHS
|Points||20 vs. Vanderbilt 11-23-12|
|Rebounds||17 at Hofstra, 11-12-10|
|Assists||3 vs. Richmond, 1-3-11|
|Steals||2 (7x), last vs. Wake, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 last vs. Richmond, 3-19-12|
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wins 67-47 at Bowling Green on Sunday
W. Basketball | 12/4/2016
Breyana Mason scored 16 points as head coach Joanne Boyle picked up her 300th career victory.
Virginia Plays at Bowling Green on Sunday
W. Basketball | 12/3/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Bowling Green on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 2 p.m.
Northwestern Rallies to Down Virginia 69-60
W. Basketball | 12/1/2016
Virginia fell 69-60 at Northwestern in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Lauren Moses scored 16 points...
UVA at Northwestern for ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 11/30/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team (5-1) plays at Northwestern (5-1) in an ACC/Big Ten...
Mason Nominated for WBCA Good Works Teams
W. Basketball | 11/30/2016
Virginia women’s basketball senior Breyana Mason (Woodbridge, Va.) has been nominated for...
Inside Virginia Women’s Basketball Begins Jan. 10
W. Basketball | 11/29/2016
The weekly program will air from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98.9-FM/1070-AM WINA with the first installment...
Virginia Downs Nebraska, 73-51
W. Basketball | 11/26/2016
The Cavaliers closed out the South Point Shootout with a 73-51 victory over Nebraska. Lauren...
Virginia Falls 66-55 to St. John’s
W. Basketball | 11/25/2016
Aliyah Huland El scored 16 points and Jocelyn Willoughby had her second double-double in the loss...
- Online Stores