Weekly radio show, hosted by Jay James, airs Monday nights from 6:06-7 p.m.
Three Cavaliers post career highs in the 73-68 loss
Short-handed Cavaliers lose third game in a row
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head coach Joanne Boyle
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. NC State (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
- Scored five points with six rebounds in 15 minutes against Providence
- Scored a career-high 20 points against Vanderbilt
- Followed that with another double-digit scoring effort against Syracue (10)
- Had a five-game stretch from Nov. 23-Dec. 6 in which she scored in double digits four of the five games
- Missed eight games during the season due to injury
- Appeared in 34 games, starting two
- Averaged 4.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on five occasions, including three double-digit scoring efforts to open the season
- Season-high 16 points vs. Radford on Dec. 18
- Appeared in 31 games and started one (vs. North Carolina A&T on Dec. 28)
- Averaged 3.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game
- Hauled down 17 rebounds in her collegiate debut at Hofstra (Nov. 12)
- Scored in double digits on three occasions - 12 points vs. Longwood (Nov. 21), 17 points vs. North Carolina A&T (Dec. 28) and 12 points vs. Maryland (Jan. 21)
- Had nine points and nine rebounds at Virginia Tech (Feb. 27)
- A three-time first team All-Metro selection by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and the newspaper's Player of the Year in 2009
- As a senior at Cosby High School, averaged 15.0 points, nine rebounds and three blocks while setting school records for career points (1,825) and surpassing the 1,000-rebound mark
- Played for Boo Williams Elite on the AAU level
- Also lettered in track and field (shot put)
- Parents are Steve and Jeaneen Pitts
- Has a brother, Steven
- Father, Steve played basketball at the University of Buffalo
PITTS' ACC STATS
PITTS' CAREER HIGHS
|Points||20 vs. Vanderbilt 11-23-12|
|Rebounds||17 at Hofstra, 11-12-10|
|Assists||3 vs. Richmond, 1-3-11|
|Steals||2 (7x), last vs. Wake, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 last vs. Richmond, 3-19-12|
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 03/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 03/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
- Online Stores