Weekly radio show, hosted by Jay James, airs Monday nights from 6:06-7 p.m.
Three Cavaliers post career highs in the 73-68 loss
Short-handed Cavaliers lose third game in a row
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Head coach Joanne Boyle
WBB vs. Boston College - ACC Tournament (by Jim Daves)
Women's Basketball vs. Boston College (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. NC State (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
- Scored five points with six rebounds in 15 minutes against Providence
- Scored a career-high 20 points against Vanderbilt
- Followed that with another double-digit scoring effort against Syracue (10)
- Had a five-game stretch from Nov. 23-Dec. 6 in which she scored in double digits four of the five games
- Missed eight games during the season due to injury
- Appeared in 34 games, starting two
- Averaged 4.5 points and 2.6 rebounds per game
- Scored at least 10 points on five occasions, including three double-digit scoring efforts to open the season
- Season-high 16 points vs. Radford on Dec. 18
- Appeared in 31 games and started one (vs. North Carolina A&T on Dec. 28)
- Averaged 3.9 points and 3.4 rebounds per game
- Hauled down 17 rebounds in her collegiate debut at Hofstra (Nov. 12)
- Scored in double digits on three occasions - 12 points vs. Longwood (Nov. 21), 17 points vs. North Carolina A&T (Dec. 28) and 12 points vs. Maryland (Jan. 21)
- Had nine points and nine rebounds at Virginia Tech (Feb. 27)
- A three-time first team All-Metro selection by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and the newspaper's Player of the Year in 2009
- As a senior at Cosby High School, averaged 15.0 points, nine rebounds and three blocks while setting school records for career points (1,825) and surpassing the 1,000-rebound mark
- Played for Boo Williams Elite on the AAU level
- Also lettered in track and field (shot put)
- Parents are Steve and Jeaneen Pitts
- Has a brother, Steven
- Father, Steve played basketball at the University of Buffalo
PITTS' ACC STATS
PITTS' CAREER HIGHS
|Points||20 vs. Vanderbilt 11-23-12|
|Rebounds||17 at Hofstra, 11-12-10|
|Assists||3 vs. Richmond, 1-3-11|
|Steals||2 (7x), last vs. Wake, 2-25-13|
|Blocks||2 last vs. Richmond, 3-19-12|
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Towering Center Boosts Frontcourt
W. Basketball | 6/21/2016
The Cavaliers' four freshmen include 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan, a native of Nigeria who graduated from...
Graham Named Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/20/2016
Katherine Graham, who was an assistant coach last season at Western Kentucky and went to the...
Tim Taylor Named Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/14/2016
Virginia women's basketball head coach Joanne Boyle announced the hiring of Tim Taylor as an...
Virginia Travels to Northwestern in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 5/25/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (May 25) the matchups for the...
Dominique Toussaint Invited To USA U18 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/9/2016
Incoming recruit Dominique Toussaint will participate in the 2016 USA Basketball Women's U18...
UVA Women's Basketball Adds 6-9 Center Felicia Aiyeotan
W. Basketball | 4/19/2016
Felicia Aiyeotan of Blair Academy in New Jersey has signed a National Letter of Intent to play...
Virginia Season Ends with a 65-57 Loss at Hofstra
W. Basketball | 03/22/2016
Faith Randolph had a double-double in her final collegiate game with 13 points and 10 rebounds as...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Extend Season
W. Basketball | 03/21/2016
Tuesday night at Hofstra (24-8), Virginia (18-15) will try to collect a third straight road win...
- Online Stores