Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
Lynch Makes Timely Return to MoundBaseball5/28/16In his first appearance since April 13, freshman Daniel Lynch retired all four batters he faced Friday in Virginia's ACC tournament loss to Wake Forest.Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Travels to Northwestern in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 5/25/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (May 25) the matchups for the...
Dominique Toussaint Invited To USA U18 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/9/2016
Incoming recruit Dominique Toussaint will participate in the 2016 USA Basketball Women's U18...
UVA Women's Basketball Adds 6-9 Center Felicia Aiyeotan
W. Basketball | 4/19/2016
Felicia Aiyeotan of Blair Academy in New Jersey has signed a National Letter of Intent to play...
Virginia Season Ends with a 65-57 Loss at Hofstra
W. Basketball | 3/22/2016
Faith Randolph had a double-double in her final collegiate game with 13 points and 10 rebounds as...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to Extend Season
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
Tuesday night at Hofstra (24-8), Virginia (18-15) will try to collect a third straight road win...
Virginia Plays at Hofstra in WNIT Round of 16 on Tuesday
W. Basketball | 3/21/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team (18-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Hofstra (24-8, 13-5 CAA) on...
Virginia Downs Rutgers 71-55 in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/20/2016
Video Highlights | Faith Randolph scored 23 points as the Cavaliers advance to play at Hofstra...
Virginia Plays Sunday in WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/19/2016
The Virginia women’s basketball team (17-15, 6-10 ACC) takes on Rutgers (19-14, 8-10 Big...
- Online Stores