Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hoos Life - Aliyah Huland El Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Senior guard Aliyah Huland El penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at Virginia and...
Jeff White: Prime Opportunity Eludes Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season...
Virginia Falls 77-62 to Miami
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 77-62 to Miami in the final home game of the 2017-18 season. Dominique...
Virginia Hosts Miami on Senior Day
W. Basketball | 2/17/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game on Sunday, hosting Miami at 12:30 ...
Virginia falls 83-69 to No. 5 Notre Dame
W. Basketball | 2/15/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 83-69 to Notre Dame. Felicia Aiyeotan scored a season-h...
Hoos Life - J'Kyra Brown Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 2/13/2018
Redshirt senior guard J'Kyra Brown penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at...
Virginia Hosts No. 5 Notre Dame on Thursday
W. Basketball | 02/14/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team takes on No. 5 Notre Dame on Thursday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. at ...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Returns Next Week
W. Basketball | 02/19/2018
The Inside Virginia Women's Basketball radio show will not air on Monday, February 19. It will...
- Online Stores