Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wins 67-47 at Bowling Green on Sunday
W. Basketball | 12/4/2016
Breyana Mason scored 16 points as head coach Joanne Boyle picked up her 300th career victory.
Virginia Plays at Bowling Green on Sunday
W. Basketball | 12/3/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Bowling Green on Sunday, Dec. 4 at 2 p.m.
Northwestern Rallies to Down Virginia 69-60
W. Basketball | 12/1/2016
Virginia fell 69-60 at Northwestern in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Lauren Moses scored 16 points...
UVA at Northwestern for ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 11/30/2016
The Virginia women's basketball team (5-1) plays at Northwestern (5-1) in an ACC/Big Ten...
Mason Nominated for WBCA Good Works Teams
W. Basketball | 11/30/2016
Virginia women’s basketball senior Breyana Mason (Woodbridge, Va.) has been nominated for...
Inside Virginia Women’s Basketball Begins Jan. 10
W. Basketball | 11/29/2016
The weekly program will air from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98.9-FM/1070-AM WINA with the first installment...
Virginia Downs Nebraska, 73-51
W. Basketball | 11/26/2016
The Cavaliers closed out the South Point Shootout with a 73-51 victory over Nebraska. Lauren...
Virginia Falls 66-55 to St. John’s
W. Basketball | 11/25/2016
Aliyah Huland El scored 16 points and Jocelyn Willoughby had her second double-double in the loss...
- Online Stores