Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Seminoles top the Cavaliers 82-70
Cavaliers have a 15-point lead erased by the Eagles
Ataira Franklin scored 23 points, including 19 in the second half, to lead the Cavaliers
Head coach Joanne Boyle and redshirt freshman guard Raeshaun Gaffney will be the guests
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. FGCU (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Tulane (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. High Point (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in 27 games, averaging 11.1 minutes per game
- Averaged 3.1 points per game with 20 assists and 17 steals
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, scoring eight points in 16 minutes
- Averaged 8.0 points in 15.3 minutes per game off the bench in her first three games
- Scored a career-high 10 points against High Point
- Scored seven points with six rebounds at Florida Gulf Coast
- Missed the entire recovering from a stress fracture
- Had surgery to repair the stress fracture in her right shin on Jan. 18
- Rated the No. 35 prospect by Blue Star Basketball and an ESPNHoopGurlz Top 100 prospect
- Played two years at Mount Notre Dame before transferring to Fairfield Senior High for her junior and senior seasons
- Starting player on the 2008-09 Mount Notre Dame squad that won the state championship and were ranked No. 10 in the nation
- As a sophomore at MND, earned first team All-City, first team All-Greater Cincinnati League averaging 20.3 ppg
- As a junior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.1 ppg to earn first team All-City, first team All-Greater Miami Conference, and second team All-State honors
- Scored her 1,00th high school career point as a junior
- As a senior at Fairfield Senior High, averaged 26.7 ppg and 10 rpg and was a McDonald's All-American nominee
- Parents are Shauna and Raymond Gaffney
- Father, Raymond Gaffney, played collegiate basketball at Minnesota
- Has a younger brother, Ryan
'Hoos Eager to Take First StepFootball8/29/16At 3:30 p.m. Saturday, against Richmond at Scott Stadium, Bronco Mendenhall makes his debut as Virginia's head football coach.Change Marks New Era at Scott StadiumFootball8/28/16University of Virginia football fans will notice many changes in the team's first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall.Revamped Cavaliers Ready for New SeasonMen's Soccer8/26/16Newcomers abound for the Virginia men's soccer team, which opens the season Friday night against Coastal Carolina at Klöckner Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2016-17 Season Tickets On ...
W. Basketball | 8/1/2016
Season tickets for the 2016-17 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Jeff White: Moses Seizes Chance to Broaden Horizons
W. Basketball | 7/29/2016
Virginia's top returning post player, junior forward Lauren Moses, has had an eventful summer...
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 7/8/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
Jeff White: Taylor Back in Familiar Surroundings
W. Basketball | 7/1/2016
Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of two new assistants...
Jeff White: Towering Center Boosts Frontcourt
W. Basketball | 6/21/2016
The Cavaliers' four freshmen include 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan, a native of Nigeria who graduated from...
Graham Named Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/20/2016
Katherine Graham, who was an assistant coach last season at Western Kentucky and went to the...
Tim Taylor Named Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 06/14/2016
Virginia women's basketball head coach Joanne Boyle announced the hiring of Tim Taylor as an...
Virginia Travels to Northwestern in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 05/25/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (May 25) the matchups for the...
- Online Stores