Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Originally published in the March 1 game program
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Mikayla Venson breaks program record for three-point shooting efficiency
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Sarah Beth Barnette Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
USATSI photos women's basketball -- 1/18/15
• Appeared in 31 games with one start
• Nominee for the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team
• Recipient of the 2014-15 Virginia Women's Basketball Coaches' Award of Excellence
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Pulled in six rebounds against Auburn
• Had a team-high 11 rebounds against Delware State, narrowly missing a double-double with 9 pts while also adding five assists and blocking a shot in 17 mins.
• Scored five points with two rebounds and a steal in 11 minutes against Davidson
• Went 2-of-3 from three-point range against BC, scoring eight points with two assists and two blocked shots
• Made her lone career start in the regular-season finale against Louisville
• Appeared in 23 games, averaging 7.7 minutes per game
• Pulled in a career-high seven rebounds against High Point
• Scored six points with two rebounds, an assist and a steal in 11 minutes against UMES
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 21 games, averaging 8.5 minutes per game
• Averaged 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game
• Scored in double digits in her first game as a Cavalier, putting up 10 against James Madison with three assists
• Scored seven points in a season-high 27 minutes at Penn
• Played 18 minutes at Clemson, scoring six points on a pair of three-pointers
• Sat out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules
• Played one season at Kentucky, appearing in 29 games and averaging 1.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game
• Averaged 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.2 assists and 1.9 blocks per game for Lexington Christian Academy and finished her high school career with 1,928 points and 1,076 rebounds
• 2010 Kentucky Miss Basketball
• 2010 Gatorade Kentucky Player of the Year
• McDonald's All-American nominee
• Earned the 2010 Regional Outstanding Sportsmanship Award
• Named the 2010 LCA Female Athlete of the Year 2010
• Honorable mention preseason All-America choice for 2009-10 (Sporting News)
• Parents are Ross and Michelle Barnette
• Has an older brother, Ryan, and a younger brother, Taylor
• Graduated in May 2014 with a bachelor's degree in sociology and is taking graduate courses during her final season at Virginia
BARNETTE'S CAREER STATS
Cavalier Football NotebookFootball7/27/16The start of training camp is approaching for UVA's football team, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium.Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 7/8/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
Jeff White: Taylor Back in Familiar Surroundings
W. Basketball | 7/1/2016
Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of two new assistants...
Jeff White: Towering Center Boosts Frontcourt
W. Basketball | 6/21/2016
The Cavaliers' four freshmen include 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan, a native of Nigeria who graduated from...
Graham Named Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/20/2016
Katherine Graham, who was an assistant coach last season at Western Kentucky and went to the...
Tim Taylor Named Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/14/2016
Virginia women's basketball head coach Joanne Boyle announced the hiring of Tim Taylor as an...
Virginia Travels to Northwestern in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 5/25/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (May 25) the matchups for the...
Dominique Toussaint Invited To USA U18 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 05/09/2016
Incoming recruit Dominique Toussaint will participate in the 2016 USA Basketball Women's U18...
UVA Women's Basketball Adds 6-9 Center Felicia Aiyeotan
W. Basketball | 04/19/2016
Felicia Aiyeotan of Blair Academy in New Jersey has signed a National Letter of Intent to play...
- Online Stores