Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Originally published in the March 1 game program
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Mikayla Venson breaks program record for three-point shooting efficiency
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Sarah Beth Barnette Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
USATSI photos women's basketball -- 1/18/15
• Appeared in 31 games with one start
• Nominee for the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team
• Recipient of the 2014-15 Virginia Women's Basketball Coaches' Award of Excellence
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Pulled in six rebounds against Auburn
• Had a team-high 11 rebounds against Delware State, narrowly missing a double-double with 9 pts while also adding five assists and blocking a shot in 17 mins.
• Scored five points with two rebounds and a steal in 11 minutes against Davidson
• Went 2-of-3 from three-point range against BC, scoring eight points with two assists and two blocked shots
• Made her lone career start in the regular-season finale against Louisville
• Appeared in 23 games, averaging 7.7 minutes per game
• Pulled in a career-high seven rebounds against High Point
• Scored six points with two rebounds, an assist and a steal in 11 minutes against UMES
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 21 games, averaging 8.5 minutes per game
• Averaged 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game
• Scored in double digits in her first game as a Cavalier, putting up 10 against James Madison with three assists
• Scored seven points in a season-high 27 minutes at Penn
• Played 18 minutes at Clemson, scoring six points on a pair of three-pointers
• Sat out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules
• Played one season at Kentucky, appearing in 29 games and averaging 1.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game
• Averaged 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.2 assists and 1.9 blocks per game for Lexington Christian Academy and finished her high school career with 1,928 points and 1,076 rebounds
• 2010 Kentucky Miss Basketball
• 2010 Gatorade Kentucky Player of the Year
• McDonald's All-American nominee
• Earned the 2010 Regional Outstanding Sportsmanship Award
• Named the 2010 LCA Female Athlete of the Year 2010
• Honorable mention preseason All-America choice for 2009-10 (Sporting News)
• Parents are Ross and Michelle Barnette
• Has an older brother, Ryan, and a younger brother, Taylor
• Graduated in May 2014 with a bachelor's degree in sociology and is taking graduate courses during her final season at Virginia
BARNETTE'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Hosts Hampton on Tuesday
W. Basketball | 11/20/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will take on Hampton on Tuesday, Nov. 21 at 7 p.m. at John...
Virginia Falls 61-46 at Dayton
W. Basketball | 11/19/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team suffered a 61-46 loss at Dayton on Sunday.
Virginia Plays at Dayton on Sunday
W. Basketball | 11/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team travels to take on Dayton on Sunday at 2pm. The game streams...
Virginia Falls 64-61 to Georgia
W. Basketball | 11/16/2017
The Cavaliers cut a 14-point fourth-quarter deficit to one, but Georgia held on for a 64-61...
Virginia Hosts Georgia on Thursday Night
W. Basketball | 11/15/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team takes on Georgia on Thursday at 7 p.m. at John Paul Jones...
Virginia Signs Erica Martinsen to NLI
W. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Virginia women’s basketball signs Erica Martinsen (Clarence, N.Y.) to a National Letter of ...
Virginia Downs Central Connecticut 103-59
W. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Felicia Aiyeotan had the second double-double of her career as the Cavaliers topped the century...
Virginia Hosts Central Connecticut in Home Opener
W. Basketball | 11/11/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Central Connecticut in its home opener on Sunday at 2 ...
- Online Stores