Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Originally published in the March 1 game program
Cavaliers and Cardinals tip on Sunday, March 1 at 1 p.m.
Mikayla Venson breaks program record for three-point shooting efficiency
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
USATSI photos of women's basketball vs. Louisville on March 1, 2015
Sarah Beth Barnette Photo Gallery
Women's Basketball vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Women's Basketball vs. Duke (by Matt Riley)
USATSI photos women's basketball -- 1/18/15
• Appeared in 31 games with one start
• Nominee for the Allstate WBCA Good Works Team
• Recipient of the 2014-15 Virginia Women's Basketball Coaches' Award of Excellence
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Pulled in six rebounds against Auburn
• Had a team-high 11 rebounds against Delware State, narrowly missing a double-double with 9 pts while also adding five assists and blocking a shot in 17 mins.
• Scored five points with two rebounds and a steal in 11 minutes against Davidson
• Went 2-of-3 from three-point range against BC, scoring eight points with two assists and two blocked shots
• Made her lone career start in the regular-season finale against Louisville
• Appeared in 23 games, averaging 7.7 minutes per game
• Pulled in a career-high seven rebounds against High Point
• Scored six points with two rebounds, an assist and a steal in 11 minutes against UMES
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in 21 games, averaging 8.5 minutes per game
• Averaged 2.0 points and 1.4 rebounds per game
• Scored in double digits in her first game as a Cavalier, putting up 10 against James Madison with three assists
• Scored seven points in a season-high 27 minutes at Penn
• Played 18 minutes at Clemson, scoring six points on a pair of three-pointers
• Sat out the 2011-12 season due to NCAA transfer rules
• Played one season at Kentucky, appearing in 29 games and averaging 1.7 points and 1.6 rebounds per game
• Averaged 23.6 points, 8.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals, 2.2 assists and 1.9 blocks per game for Lexington Christian Academy and finished her high school career with 1,928 points and 1,076 rebounds
• 2010 Kentucky Miss Basketball
• 2010 Gatorade Kentucky Player of the Year
• McDonald's All-American nominee
• Earned the 2010 Regional Outstanding Sportsmanship Award
• Named the 2010 LCA Female Athlete of the Year 2010
• Honorable mention preseason All-America choice for 2009-10 (Sporting News)
• Parents are Ross and Michelle Barnette
• Has an older brother, Ryan, and a younger brother, Taylor
• Graduated in May 2014 with a bachelor's degree in sociology and is taking graduate courses during her final season at Virginia
BARNETTE'S CAREER STATS
Paulsons Eager to Help Elevate UVA WrestlingWrestling7/25/17UVA head coach Steve Garland's new assistants are twins Travis and Trent Paulson, former standouts at Iowa State.Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 7/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
Virginia Hosts Maryland in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/28/2017
The ACC and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (June 28) the matchups for the 2017 Big Ten/ACC Women&...
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 03/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 03/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
- Online Stores