Originially published in the Feb. 12 game program
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Head coach Joanne Boyle and Sydney Umeri will be the guests
Cavaliers go 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the final 23 seconds to secure the win
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
UVA falls to Iowa 85-73.
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 29 starts, scoring 78 points with 115 rebounds
- Made her first start since Jan. 5, 2014 (Pitt) in the season opener
- Made her first 4 field goal attempts at Georgia Tech, finishing with 8 pts, 7 reb
- Had a season-high eight rebounds at NC State (1/27)
- Will be graduating in May
- Appeared in all 31 games
- Had eight rebounds at Xavier
- Had the second double-digit scoring game of her career at Illinois, also matching her career high with eight rebounds
- Averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year
- Recipient of the Virginia Athletic Department's ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- Appeared in all 31 games with 11 starts, averaging 18.0 minutes per game
- Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, starting the game
- Played 30 minutes, scoring four points in her debut
- Had her first double-digit scoring game at Liberty with 12 points
- Started the first 10 games of the season before coming off the bench at FGCU
- Scored six of her eight points at Wake Forest in a span of 1:42 during the second half
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Ranked No. 29 overall and as the No. 9 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Won a gold medal with the 2011 USA Basketball's U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mérida, Mexico
- Helped lead The Lovett School to a 2012 Georgia Region 6AA championship
- Four-time All-Region 6AA team
- Two-time Atlanta Tipoff Club Jackie Bradford All-Metro Girls honorable mention
- 2013 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Also competed one season (2009) for The Lovett School track team in the long and triple jumps, 400 and 4x400 and 4x100 relays as well as being a middle blocker for two seasons
- Parents are Bernard and Cathy Umeri
- Has a younger brother, Justin
- Member of UVA's Second Year Council
- Worked as a summer intern at ESPN's "Around the Horn" in 2015
UMERI'S CAREER STATS
Hall's NBA Stock RisingMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.Master Plan Offers Transformational BlueprintGeneral Release6/8/18A proposed master plan for the athletics precinct on North Grounds was presented Thursday to the Board of Visitors' Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Face Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/11/2018
Virginia women's basketball to play Michigan State for just the second time as part of the 2018...
Thompson Inducted into Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame
W. Basketball | 6/10/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Tina Thompson was inducted into the Women’s...
Jeff White: Thompson Hits Ground Running
W. Basketball | 5/30/2018
Tina Thompson, who had a Hall of Fame playing career, took over last month as head women's...
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 04/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 04/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
- Online Stores