Originially published in the Feb. 12 game program
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Head coach Joanne Boyle and Sydney Umeri will be the guests
Cavaliers go 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the final 23 seconds to secure the win
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
UVA falls to Iowa 85-73.
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 29 starts, scoring 78 points with 115 rebounds
- Made her first start since Jan. 5, 2014 (Pitt) in the season opener
- Made her first 4 field goal attempts at Georgia Tech, finishing with 8 pts, 7 reb
- Had a season-high eight rebounds at NC State (1/27)
- Will be graduating in May
- Appeared in all 31 games
- Had eight rebounds at Xavier
- Had the second double-digit scoring game of her career at Illinois, also matching her career high with eight rebounds
- Averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year
- Recipient of the Virginia Athletic Department's ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- Appeared in all 31 games with 11 starts, averaging 18.0 minutes per game
- Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, starting the game
- Played 30 minutes, scoring four points in her debut
- Had her first double-digit scoring game at Liberty with 12 points
- Started the first 10 games of the season before coming off the bench at FGCU
- Scored six of her eight points at Wake Forest in a span of 1:42 during the second half
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Ranked No. 29 overall and as the No. 9 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Won a gold medal with the 2011 USA Basketball's U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mérida, Mexico
- Helped lead The Lovett School to a 2012 Georgia Region 6AA championship
- Four-time All-Region 6AA team
- Two-time Atlanta Tipoff Club Jackie Bradford All-Metro Girls honorable mention
- 2013 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Also competed one season (2009) for The Lovett School track team in the long and triple jumps, 400 and 4x400 and 4x100 relays as well as being a middle blocker for two seasons
- Parents are Bernard and Cathy Umeri
- Has a younger brother, Justin
- Member of UVA's Second Year Council
- Worked as a summer intern at ESPN's "Around the Horn" in 2015
UMERI'S CAREER STATS
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
NGWSD: Honoring 1992-93 Virginia Women’s Basketball Team
W. Basketball | 12/7/2017
The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored at halftime of the women's...
Virginia Falls 52-43 at Rutgers
W. Basketball | 12/4/2017
The Virginia women’s basketball team (4-6) fell 52-43 at Rutgers (8-2) on Monday night at...
Virginia Plays at Rutgers on Monday
W. Basketball | 12/3/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final game before exam break on Monday, Dec. 4 at ...
Virginia Tops UNCG, 68-50
W. Basketball | 12/2/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team defeated UNCG on Saturday evening to pick up the 900th win...
Virginia Hosts UNCG on Saturday
W. Basketball | 12/1/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game before exam break, taking on UNCG ...
Virginia Falls 60-59 to No. 15 Maryland
W. Basketball | 11/29/2017
The Cavaliers used a big third quarter to erase a 12-point deficit in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge, ...
Virginia Hosts No. 15 Maryland in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 11/28/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts No. 15 Maryland in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on...
Virginia Falls 74-63 to Duquesne in Cavalier Classic Finale
W. Basketball | 11/26/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 74-63 to Duquesne in the finale of the Cavalier Classic...
- Online Stores