Originially published in the Feb. 12 game program
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Head coach Joanne Boyle and Sydney Umeri will be the guests
Cavaliers go 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the final 23 seconds to secure the win
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
UVA falls to Iowa 85-73.
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 29 starts, scoring 78 points with 115 rebounds
- Made her first start since Jan. 5, 2014 (Pitt) in the season opener
- Made her first 4 field goal attempts at Georgia Tech, finishing with 8 pts, 7 reb
- Had a season-high eight rebounds at NC State (1/27)
- Will be graduating in May
- Appeared in all 31 games
- Had eight rebounds at Xavier
- Had the second double-digit scoring game of her career at Illinois, also matching her career high with eight rebounds
- Averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year
- Recipient of the Virginia Athletic Department's ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- Appeared in all 31 games with 11 starts, averaging 18.0 minutes per game
- Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, starting the game
- Played 30 minutes, scoring four points in her debut
- Had her first double-digit scoring game at Liberty with 12 points
- Started the first 10 games of the season before coming off the bench at FGCU
- Scored six of her eight points at Wake Forest in a span of 1:42 during the second half
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Ranked No. 29 overall and as the No. 9 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Won a gold medal with the 2011 USA Basketball's U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mérida, Mexico
- Helped lead The Lovett School to a 2012 Georgia Region 6AA championship
- Four-time All-Region 6AA team
- Two-time Atlanta Tipoff Club Jackie Bradford All-Metro Girls honorable mention
- 2013 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Also competed one season (2009) for The Lovett School track team in the long and triple jumps, 400 and 4x400 and 4x100 relays as well as being a middle blocker for two seasons
- Parents are Bernard and Cathy Umeri
- Has a younger brother, Justin
- Member of UVA's Second Year Council
- Worked as a summer intern at ESPN's "Around the Horn" in 2015
UMERI'S CAREER STATS
Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' BondMen's Basketball8/20/16The Virginia men's basketball team made strides on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain this month.'Hoos Heading Home On High NoteMen's Basketball8/17/16On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars 85-49. Four players scored in double figures for the Cavaliers.Hall Eager To Take On Larger RoleMen's Basketball8/16/16Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining for the UVA men's basketball team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2016-17 Season Tickets On ...
W. Basketball | 8/1/2016
Season tickets for the 2016-17 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Jeff White: Moses Seizes Chance to Broaden Horizons
W. Basketball | 7/29/2016
Virginia's top returning post player, junior forward Lauren Moses, has had an eventful summer...
Andrew Landers Named Video Coordinator
W. Basketball | 7/8/2016
Andrew Landers joins the Virgina women's basketball staff as the video coordinator.
Jeff White: Taylor Back in Familiar Surroundings
W. Basketball | 7/1/2016
Five years after leaving UVA, Tim Taylor has returned this summer. He's one of two new assistants...
Jeff White: Towering Center Boosts Frontcourt
W. Basketball | 6/21/2016
The Cavaliers' four freshmen include 6-9 Felicia Aiyeotan, a native of Nigeria who graduated from...
Graham Named Assistant Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 6/20/2016
Katherine Graham, who was an assistant coach last season at Western Kentucky and went to the...
Tim Taylor Named Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 06/14/2016
Virginia women's basketball head coach Joanne Boyle announced the hiring of Tim Taylor as an...
Virginia Travels to Northwestern in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
W. Basketball | 05/25/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (May 25) the matchups for the...
- Online Stores