Originially published in the Feb. 12 game program
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Head coach Joanne Boyle and Sydney Umeri will be the guests
Cavaliers go 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the final 23 seconds to secure the win
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
UVA falls to Iowa 85-73.
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 29 starts, scoring 78 points with 115 rebounds
- Made her first start since Jan. 5, 2014 (Pitt) in the season opener
- Made her first 4 field goal attempts at Georgia Tech, finishing with 8 pts, 7 reb
- Had a season-high eight rebounds at NC State (1/27)
- Will be graduating in May
- Appeared in all 31 games
- Had eight rebounds at Xavier
- Had the second double-digit scoring game of her career at Illinois, also matching her career high with eight rebounds
- Averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year
- Recipient of the Virginia Athletic Department's ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- Appeared in all 31 games with 11 starts, averaging 18.0 minutes per game
- Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, starting the game
- Played 30 minutes, scoring four points in her debut
- Had her first double-digit scoring game at Liberty with 12 points
- Started the first 10 games of the season before coming off the bench at FGCU
- Scored six of her eight points at Wake Forest in a span of 1:42 during the second half
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Ranked No. 29 overall and as the No. 9 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Won a gold medal with the 2011 USA Basketball's U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mérida, Mexico
- Helped lead The Lovett School to a 2012 Georgia Region 6AA championship
- Four-time All-Region 6AA team
- Two-time Atlanta Tipoff Club Jackie Bradford All-Metro Girls honorable mention
- 2013 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Also competed one season (2009) for The Lovett School track team in the long and triple jumps, 400 and 4x400 and 4x100 relays as well as being a middle blocker for two seasons
- Parents are Bernard and Cathy Umeri
- Has a younger brother, Justin
- Member of UVA's Second Year Council
- Worked as a summer intern at ESPN's "Around the Horn" in 2015
UMERI'S CAREER STATS
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 03/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 03/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
- Online Stores