Originially published in the Feb. 12 game program
Cavaliers make 13 three-pointers in their 13th win of the season
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Head coach Joanne Boyle and Sydney Umeri will be the guests
Cavaliers go 6-of-6 from the free throw line in the final 23 seconds to secure the win
Women's Basketball vs. Pitt (by Kelsey Grant)
Women's Basketball vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
Dec. 21, 2015
UVA falls to Iowa 85-73.
Women's Basketball vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
- Appeared in all 34 games with 29 starts, scoring 78 points with 115 rebounds
- Made her first start since Jan. 5, 2014 (Pitt) in the season opener
- Made her first 4 field goal attempts at Georgia Tech, finishing with 8 pts, 7 reb
- Had a season-high eight rebounds at NC State (1/27)
- Will be graduating in May
- Appeared in all 31 games
- Had eight rebounds at Xavier
- Had the second double-digit scoring game of her career at Illinois, also matching her career high with eight rebounds
- Averaged 6.5 rebounds in the final two games of the year
- Recipient of the Virginia Athletic Department's ACC Top VI Award, presented annually to six student-athletes who have given the most in terms of service to the University and Charlottesville communities
- Appeared in all 31 games with 11 starts, averaging 18.0 minutes per game
- Averaged 2.8 points and 2.8 rebounds per game
- Made her collegiate debut at James Madison, starting the game
- Played 30 minutes, scoring four points in her debut
- Had her first double-digit scoring game at Liberty with 12 points
- Started the first 10 games of the season before coming off the bench at FGCU
- Scored six of her eight points at Wake Forest in a span of 1:42 during the second half
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Ranked No. 29 overall and as the No. 9 forward by ESPN HoopGurlz
- Won a gold medal with the 2011 USA Basketball's U16 team at the FIBA Americas Championship in Mérida, Mexico
- Helped lead The Lovett School to a 2012 Georgia Region 6AA championship
- Four-time All-Region 6AA team
- Two-time Atlanta Tipoff Club Jackie Bradford All-Metro Girls honorable mention
- 2013 McDonald's All-America nominee
- Also competed one season (2009) for The Lovett School track team in the long and triple jumps, 400 and 4x400 and 4x100 relays as well as being a middle blocker for two seasons
- Parents are Bernard and Cathy Umeri
- Has a younger brother, Justin
- Member of UVA's Second Year Council
- Worked as a summer intern at ESPN's "Around the Horn" in 2015
UMERI'S CAREER STATS
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Monday
W. Basketball | 1/16/2017
Head coach Joanne Boyle and junior forward Lauren Moses will be the guests. The show airs at 6 p....
Virginia Downs Boston College, 62-55
W. Basketball | 1/15/2017
Breyana Mason scored 19 points, with 14 coming in the second half, to help lead the Cavaliers to ...
Virginia Hosts Boston College on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team hosts Boston College on Sunday, January 15 at 2 p.m. at John...
Inside Virginia Women's Basketball Airs Tuesday
W. Basketball | 1/10/2017
The "Inside Virginia Women's Basketball" radio show airs Tuesday (Jan. 10) from 6:06-7 p.m. on 98...
Virginia Falls 67-58 at North Carolina
W. Basketball | 1/8/2017
Aliyah Huland El scored 13 points with five rebounds as the Cavaliers fell 67-58 at North Carolina.
Virginia Plays at North Carolina on Sunday
W. Basketball | 1/7/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team (11-4, 0-2 ACC) plays at North Carolina (11-4, 0-2 ACC) on...
Jeff White: Finishing Touch Lacking for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 01/06/2017
Virginia, which lost Thursday night to No. 8 Louisville at John Paul Jones Arena, plays Sunday at...
Virginia Falls in OT to No.8 Louisville
W. Basketball | 01/05/2017
Dominique Toussaint hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to force overtime. Aliyah Huland El scored ...
- Online Stores