Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers are eliminated from the ACC Tournament with a 77-76 loss to the Yellow Jackets
Winner will face Duke on Friday in the quarterfinals
Hurricanes down Cavaliers 83-63 in Virginia's final regular-season home game
Cavaliers close out the regular-season home slate hosting the Hurricanes on Feb. 27th at 7 p.m.
Women's Basketball vs. UNC (by Matt Riley)
Images from the 80-43 victory over Clemson 2/2/14
Virginia vs. No. 6 Maryland
Women's Basketball vs Florida State (By Dillon Harding)
Women's Basketball vs. Notre Dame (by Matt Riley)
- Only Cavalier to start every game this season
- Led the ACC in free throw percentage, making 89.5 percent of her attempts (77-of-86)
- Was ranked in the top-15 in the nation in free throw percentage during the season
- Had a stretch of 23-consecutive free throws made (over a span of 12 games) snapped with her first attempt at North Carolina
- One of four Cavaliers to end the season averaging double-digits in scoring at 10.6 points per game
- Led the team with 88 assists
- Finished her 113-game career with 758 points, 190 assists and 110 steals
- Had 16 double-digit scoring efforts this season with three 20-point performances
- Made her return from ACL surgery in the season-opener at JMU, playing 32 minutes
- Named to the Junkanoo Jam All-Tournament team after scoring 30 points with 10 assists, seven rebounds and three steals in the two games
- Scored 18 points, including making a career-high 12 free throws, at the Junkanoo Jam tourney game vs. Kansas State. Made her first 11 free throw attempts before missing. Scored 16 of those points in the second half
- Helped fuel Virginia's three-point assault at FGCU, making four three-point attempts, including three in the first half. Virginia went 9-of-10 from long range in the first half in the game with Wolfe making three of those treys
- Co-MVP of the Cavalier Classic, scoring 22 points in the championship game vs Princeton. Went 6-of-6 to start the game, making four three-pointers in the first half en route to scoring 18 pts before the break
- Scored a season-high 24 points in the upset of No. 6 Maryland, going 9-of-9 from the free throw line
- Scored 16 points in her final game, the 77-76 loss to Georgia Tech in the second round of the ACC Tournament
- Suffered a knee injury 5:28 into the Maryland game (Feb. 17) and missed the remainder of the season after having surgery to repair the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in her right knee
- Ranked second on the team in scoring (10.6 ppg) and steals (45) and third in assists (54) at the time of her injury
- Came into the season averaging 2.8 points per game in her Cavalier career
- Ranked eighth in the ACC in free throw percentage (78.8)
- Ranked 10th in the ACC in steals (1.8 per game)
- Set career highs in points, free throws, and assists at Penn, scoring 22 points while going 9-for-9 from the free throw line
- The 22-points was 10 points higher than her previous career high
- Topped her 22-points with a 25-point performance at Minneapolis
- Has scored in double digits in back-to-back games three times in her career, twice this season
- Had a stretch of 16 consecutive made free throws (11/12-11/29)
- Scored 11 points during the Cavaliers 21-4 run in the final 8 minutes against Coppin State, hitting three three-pointers in that stretch. Scored a game-high 14 total points in the contest
- Followed up an 18-point performance at Miami by scoring 17 at Georgia Tech
- Had her third 20-point game of the season with 24 points against NC State, scoring 12 of the Cavaliers first 17 points
- Appeared in 35 games, averaging 2.9 points and 1.8 rebounds per game
- Scored 12 points in a victory against Clemson on Feb. 12
- Also reached double figures for scoring (11 points) at Florida State (Feb. 26)
- Seven points and eight rebounds vs. Wagner at the Marriott Cavalier Classic
- Appeared in 22 games and averaged 2.7 points and 1.3 rebounds per game
- Began her college career with 12 points and 10 rebounds at Hofstra (Nov. 12) for first-career double-double
- Followed that up with 12 points against Mount St. Mary's in the home opener (Nov. 14)
- A four-year letterwinner for Seneca Valley High School, where was earned the Team MVP award for four years
- The Washington Post's All-Metro Player of the Year in 2010
- Led the Screaming Eagles to a 27-0 record and the Maryland 3A State Championship
- The Gatorade Player of the Year in Maryland after averaging 20.0 points (29.8 in the postseason), six rebounds and four assists per game
- A Montgomery Gazette first team selection in 2009 and 2010
- Scored her 1000th-career point on Jan. 23, 2009 and graduated as Seneca Valley's all-time leading scorer with 1,809 points
- Played for the Fairfax Stars on the AAU level
- A National Honor Society member
- Parents are Marcy and Kurt Wolfe
- Has two brothers, Patrick and Thomas, and one sister, Jessie
WOLFE'S CAREER STATS
Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Seven Teams Earn NCAA APP Public Recognition
W. Basketball | 5/16/2018
Virginia Athletics had seven teams earn Public Recognition for academic excellence after scoring ...
Jeff White: Thompson Ready To Lead From Front
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at JPJ, where Tina Thompson was introduced as the...
Tina Thompson Introductory Press Conference
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Hear from Virginia head coach Tina Thompson in her introductory press conference.
Jeff White: Thompson Era Begins for Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 4/18/2018
Tina Thompson will be introduced as UVA's head women's basketball coach Wednesday afternoon at...
Tina Thompson Named Virginia Women's Basketball Coach
W. Basketball | 4/16/2018
Virginia athletics director Carla Williams announced today (April 16) Tina Thompson as head coach...
Joanne Boyle Announces Her Retirement from Coaching
W. Basketball | 3/20/2018
Virginia head women’s basketball coach Joanne Boyle announced today she is retiring from...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Exit With Heads Held High
W. Basketball | 03/19/2018
In its first trip to the NCAAs since 2010, 10th-seeded UVA went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating ...
Virginia's Season Ends in NCAA Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 66-56 at South Carolina on Sunday. Dominique Toussaint and J'Kyra Brown each...
- Online Stores