Oct. 14, 2015
Mikayla Venson was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team after ranking second in the conference in three-point percentage (41.2) and setting the Virginia freshman record for made-3’s in a season (61). Venson had four games with five or more three-pointers and tallied four 20-point games. She finished the season with seven-straight double-digit scoring efforts, including a 22-point performance against Virginia Tech. The guard had the best single-game three-point shooting efficiency in school history with a 6-for-6 performance in the win over NC State.
Other Fun Facts about Mikayla:
- Loves basketball because “I feel free when I’m on the court and have always been fascinated by how competitive the game is.”
- Loves UVA because of the family atmosphere and great academics.
- Weirdest thing she has ever eaten was clams.
- Hardest thing she has ever done was leaving to go off to college and being in a new place.
- Hidden talent is singing.
- Place she has visited that she thought was paradise is Orlando, Fla.
- Favorite activity to do on vacation is swimming.
- Dream job would be playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas.
- When she was younger she wanted to be a firefighter.
- If she were a vegetable she would be asparagus.
- Favorite color is purple because it makes her feel relaxed.
- Favorite cookie is sugar.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 3/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 3/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
Dominique Toussaint Suspended for Friday's Game
W. Basketball | 03/17/2017
Freshman guard Dominique Toussaint will miss Friday's WNIT game at Saint Joseph's.
Toussaint, Willoughby Named to ACC Coaches All-Freshman Team
W. Basketball | 03/06/2017
Virginia women’s basketball guards Jocelyn Willoughby (East Orange, N.J.) and Dominique...
- Online Stores