Oct. 14, 2015
Mikayla Venson was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team after ranking second in the conference in three-point percentage (41.2) and setting the Virginia freshman record for made-3’s in a season (61). Venson had four games with five or more three-pointers and tallied four 20-point games. She finished the season with seven-straight double-digit scoring efforts, including a 22-point performance against Virginia Tech. The guard had the best single-game three-point shooting efficiency in school history with a 6-for-6 performance in the win over NC State.
Other Fun Facts about Mikayla:
- Loves basketball because “I feel free when I’m on the court and have always been fascinated by how competitive the game is.”
- Loves UVA because of the family atmosphere and great academics.
- Weirdest thing she has ever eaten was clams.
- Hardest thing she has ever done was leaving to go off to college and being in a new place.
- Hidden talent is singing.
- Place she has visited that she thought was paradise is Orlando, Fla.
- Favorite activity to do on vacation is swimming.
- Dream job would be playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas.
- When she was younger she wanted to be a firefighter.
- If she were a vegetable she would be asparagus.
- Favorite color is purple because it makes her feel relaxed.
- Favorite cookie is sugar.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
No. 1 Cavaliers Celebrate Latest FeatMen's Basketball2/24/18Three days after clinching the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament, top-ranked Virginia secured the outright regular-season title with a win at Pitt.Cunningham Flying High With EaglesFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes Regular Season Sunday at Wake Forest
W. Basketball | 2/24/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team closes out the regular season on Sunday at 3 p.m., playing...
Defense propels No. 4 Louisville past Virginia 51-39
W. Basketball | 2/22/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 51-39 at Louisville. Lauren Moses scored 10 points with...
Virginia Plays at No. 4 Louisville on Thursday
W. Basketball | 2/21/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team closes out the regular season with two road games, beginning...
Hoos Life - Aliyah Huland El Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Senior guard Aliyah Huland El penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at Virginia and...
Jeff White: Prime Opportunity Eludes Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season...
Virginia Falls 77-62 to Miami
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 77-62 to Miami in the final home game of the 2017-18 season. Dominique...
Virginia Hosts Miami on Senior Day
W. Basketball | 02/17/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game on Sunday, hosting Miami at 12:30 ...
Virginia falls 83-69 to No. 5 Notre Dame
W. Basketball | 02/15/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 83-69 to Notre Dame. Felicia Aiyeotan scored a season-h...
- Online Stores