Oct. 14, 2015
Mikayla Venson was named to the ACC All-Freshman Team after ranking second in the conference in three-point percentage (41.2) and setting the Virginia freshman record for made-3’s in a season (61). Venson had four games with five or more three-pointers and tallied four 20-point games. She finished the season with seven-straight double-digit scoring efforts, including a 22-point performance against Virginia Tech. The guard had the best single-game three-point shooting efficiency in school history with a 6-for-6 performance in the win over NC State.
Other Fun Facts about Mikayla:
- Loves basketball because “I feel free when I’m on the court and have always been fascinated by how competitive the game is.”
- Loves UVA because of the family atmosphere and great academics.
- Weirdest thing she has ever eaten was clams.
- Hardest thing she has ever done was leaving to go off to college and being in a new place.
- Hidden talent is singing.
- Place she has visited that she thought was paradise is Orlando, Fla.
- Favorite activity to do on vacation is swimming.
- Dream job would be playing professionally in the WNBA and overseas.
- When she was younger she wanted to be a firefighter.
- If she were a vegetable she would be asparagus.
- Favorite color is purple because it makes her feel relaxed.
- Favorite cookie is sugar.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 7/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
Virginia Hosts Maryland in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 06/28/2017
The ACC and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (June 28) the matchups for the 2017 Big Ten/ACC Women&...
- Online Stores