Oct. 31, 2016
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. - With the 2016-17 Virginia Women's Basketball season less than two weeks away, Virginia Athletics will be giving away one prize per day from Tuesday, November 1 through Thursday, November 10. Prizes include pregame locker room access at women's basketball games, official Virginia Nike gear, autographed merchandise, and single-game tickets to select home men's basketball games.
Any fan who has purchased or will purchase a current season or single-game Virginia women's basketball ticket before the end of the promotion will be automatically entered to win one of the daily prizes. Another method of entering the contest is to fill out the Ten Days to Tipoff online form. Entries must be received by 5 p.m. ET to be eligible to win the prize awarded the following day. There is no purchase necessary to enter or win.
There is a limit of one entry per participant for the duration of the Ten Days to Tipoff promotion. Fans who have already purchased a season or single-game Virginia women's basketball ticket for this season, are automatically entered in the contest and there is no need to fill out the online form. Winners are responsible for any taxes and fees and all transportation, accommodations and other expenses associated with claiming any prize unless explicitly noted.
Prize winners will be announced on this page throughout the duration of the contest, as well as on the official Twitter account of Virginia Women's Basketball (@UVAWBBHoops).
November 1: VIP experience for Virginia women's basketball vs. Florida State. Includes two (2) courtside seats, a parking pass, pregame locker room tour and two (2) concessions vouchers. - WINNER: Wylie M. Bunker
November 2: Basketball autographed by 2016-17 Virginia Women's Basketball team - WINNER: Peter Low
November 3: Nike prize pack: Nike hat, t-shirt, and windbreaker ($100 retail value) - WINNER: Timothy A. Smith
November 4: $50 gift certificate to CavalierTeamShop.com - WINNER: Joseph Karnes
November 5: VIP experience for Virginia women's basketball vs. Louisville. Includes two (2) courtside seats, a parking pass, pregame locker room tour and two (2) concessions vouchers. - WINNER: Kristin Dinwiddie
November 6: Opportunity to serve as a guest coach during the Virginia women's basketball game vs. Virginia Tech. Includes courtside seats, opportunity to watch pregame shoot-a-round, pregame locker room tour, eat with the team, and be in the locker room during pregame and halftime. - WINNER: Julie Kusnerik
November 7: Two (2) tickets to the men's basketball game vs. West Virginia - WINNER: Elizabeth A. Meyer
November 8: Opportunity to serve as a guest coach during the Virginia women's basketball game vs. Florida State. Includes courtside seats, opportunity to watch pregame shoot-a-round, pregame locker room tour, eat with the team, and be in the locker room during pregame and halftime. - WINNER: Gene Pardue
November 9: Opportunity to observe a Virginia women's basketball practice, meet the team, and receive an autographed basketball. - WINNER: Stacy Truslow
November 10: Two (2) tickets to the men's basketball game vs. Florida State - WINNER: Pamela J. Walker
- Acceptance of Terms. By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules.
- Duration of Promotion. Promotion valid in United States only. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Virginia Athletics reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules. Promotion will begin on November 1, 2016 and will continue until November 10, 2016. Virginia Athletics reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the Promotion in its entirety for any reason, or immediately shut down the online portion, if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
- Eligibility. Must be at least 18 years old to enter. No purchase necessary. Promotion is open only to legal residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia. A purchase does not enhance your chance of winning.
- Effective date of entries. Entries made online will be effective on the day received. Entries submitted by mail will be effective on the date Virginia Athletics receives and processes the entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Virginia Athletics and will not be acknowledged or returned. You are responsible for your costs of entering, including online access charges, long distance telephone charges, and postage.
- Selection of winners. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received. On each day from November 1, 2016 through November 10, 2016, Virginia Athletics shall randomly select one (1) entry to receive a prize. Eligible Entrants selected to win a prize (each a "Winner") shall not be eligible for drawings for subsequent prizes. Entries not selected will remain eligible for subsequent drawings through the end of the Promotion Entry Period. Winners must agree to the use of their names, voices, and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Notification of winners. Promotion winners will be notified by email. If not by email then by phone or mail, if applicable. An email will be sent to the winner within one week after the drawing. All decisions are final and binding. Should the email be returned to Virginia Athletics as invalid, two more attempts will be made via email and one by phone if applicable. Winners must contact Virginia Athletics within 5 calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Virginia Athletics to claim their prize. Failure to contact Virginia Athletics within that 5 day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant and a new winner will be selected. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Virginia Athletics is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. In order to receive the prize, each winner may be requested to complete and return certain documentation (such as, without limitation, an affidavit, prize claim form and/or a release which must be executed and returned to Virginia Athletics by mail or hand delivery no later than two (2) business days after the winner's receipt of the same. If a winner does not timely deliver a requested affidavit, prize claim, or release, such winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his or her entry and an alternate winner shall be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- Prizes. Prizes are as listed in the Ten Days to Tipoff Daily Prizes table. Exact prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Virginia Athletics. The right to receive a prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. No cash redemption is permitted except at Virginia Athletics' sole and absolute discretion. Virginia Athletics reserves the right to substitute any prize (or any portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. All costs and expenses associated with the prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, food and beverages, game tickets, gratuities, fees and other expenses incurred by accepting and making use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the applicable winners. All federal, state, or local taxes and fees associated with each prize are each winner's responsibility. A form 1099 may be issued based on the value of the prize as required by law. Each winner and/or such winner's guest(s) (if applicable, based upon the Prize descriptions above) will receive admission to the applicable prize event, as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Virginia Athletics. Virginia Athletics (i) does not make any warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning the Promotion or any prize (other than that all autographed items are genuine and original), and (ii) disclaims any and all express and implied warranties (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) relating to the Promotion and any prize. Except as stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS."
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
- Other conditions. The University of Virginia and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and their respective agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Virginia Athletics that may cause Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Promotion, or from participation in the Promotion; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Promotion.
- Release; Publicity Release. By participating in the promotion and submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Commonwealth of Virginia, the University of Virginia, their employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Each winner, by acceptance of a Prize, grants to Virginia Athletics the right to publicize such winner's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
- Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Virginia Athletics in connection with the Promotion, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this Promotion is the University of Virginia (Attn: Sports Promotion and Marketing, P.O. Box 400854, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4854).
- Winners List. For the list of Winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winner's Name Ten Days to Tipoff, Sports Promotion and Marketing, P.O. Box 400854, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904-4854. All requests must be received by September 15, 2016
New Coaches Welcomed Into Cavaliers' FoldWomen's Rowing8/18/17Virginia's rowing team heads into 2017-18 with two new coaches: associate head coach Emily Ford and assistant Erin Neppel.Nelson Making Name for Himself in SecondaryFootball8/16/17Redshirt freshman Brenton Nelson, who was put on scholarship this month, is competing for a starting job in Virginia's nickel defense.DeSorbo Hits Ground Running at UVASwimming & Diving8/16/17After six seasons as NC State's associate head coach, Todd DeSorbo now oversees men's and women's swimming & diving at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 7/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 7/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
Virginia Hosts Maryland in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 6/28/2017
The ACC and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (June 28) the matchups for the 2017 Big Ten/ACC Women&...
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 05/03/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 03/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
- Online Stores