Nov. 4, 2015
Aliyah Huland El played in all 31 games with one start as a freshman. Huland El made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes. She had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against Delaware State (10) and Longwood (11). Her first career start came against Florida State and she finished with a season-high 14 points in the game.
Other Fun Facts about Aliyah:
- Loves basketball because “It is the best sport in the world!”
- Most important things in her life right now are friends and family, school and basketball.
- Place she has been that was like paradise is Tobago.
- If she could have one wish granted it would be to end world hunger.
- Dream job is to be a pediatrician.
- Person she respects most is her dad. “He is a confident, intelligent and hardworking person.”
- If she were a vegetable she would be kale.
- Favorite color she would be is turquoise, because it is both soothing and vibrant.
- If she were a candy bar she would be a Snickers. “Who wouldn’t like a combo of nougat, caramel, peanuts and milk chocolate?”
- Movie character she would want to play is Neytiri from Avatar.
- Played flute and was first chair in fourth and fifth grade.
- Characteristic she values most in her teammates is trustworthiness.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women’s Basketball 2017-18 Season Tickets on ...
W. Basketball | 6/19/2017
Season tickets for the 2017-18 Virginia women’s basketball season are on sale now.
Willoughby Invited to USA Women's U19 Team Trials
W. Basketball | 5/3/2017
Freshman guard Jocelyn Willoughby has been invited to attend the 2017 USA Basketball Women's U19 ...
Virginia's Season Ends in the WNIT Second Round
W. Basketball | 3/19/2017
The Cavaliers fell 61-55 at James Madison on Sunday. Senior Breyana Mason scored 19 points in her...
Virginia Plays at JMU in WNIT Second-Round
W. Basketball | 3/18/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at James Madison on Sunday, March 19 at 2 p.m. in the ...
Virginia Downs Saint Joseph's 62-56 in WNIT First-Round
W. Basketball | 3/17/2017
Jocelyn Willoughby scored a career-high 25 points to send the Cavaliers to the second round. UVA ...
Virginia Opens WNIT Friday at Saint Joseph's
W. Basketball | 3/16/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team plays at Saint Joseph's in the first round of the WNIT on...
Virginia Earns Automatic Bid to the WNIT
W. Basketball | 03/13/2017
The Virginia women's basketball team will play at Saint Joseph's on Friday in the first round of ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping for Good News Monday
W. Basketball | 03/11/2017
The field for the NCAA women's basketball tournament will be announced Monday night, and Virginia...
- Online Stores