Nov. 4, 2015
Aliyah Huland El played in all 31 games with one start as a freshman. Huland El made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes. She had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against Delaware State (10) and Longwood (11). Her first career start came against Florida State and she finished with a season-high 14 points in the game.
Other Fun Facts about Aliyah:
- Loves basketball because “It is the best sport in the world!”
- Most important things in her life right now are friends and family, school and basketball.
- Place she has been that was like paradise is Tobago.
- If she could have one wish granted it would be to end world hunger.
- Dream job is to be a pediatrician.
- Person she respects most is her dad. “He is a confident, intelligent and hardworking person.”
- If she were a vegetable she would be kale.
- Favorite color she would be is turquoise, because it is both soothing and vibrant.
- If she were a candy bar she would be a Snickers. “Who wouldn’t like a combo of nougat, caramel, peanuts and milk chocolate?”
- Movie character she would want to play is Neytiri from Avatar.
- Played flute and was first chair in fourth and fifth grade.
- Characteristic she values most in her teammates is trustworthiness.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
New Scott Stadium & JPJA Bag Policy and Entry Procedures...
W. Basketball | 9/28/2017
Virginia Athletics announced changes to the bag policy and entrance procedures for home football ...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2017-18 Women's Basketball Schedule
W. Basketball | 9/14/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the 2017-18 women's basketball schedule. Virginia will...
Jeff White: Aiyeotan Settling Into Comfort Zone
W. Basketball | 9/4/2017
A 6-9 sophomore from Nigeria, Felicia Aiyeotan is expected to play a larger role for UVA in 2017-...
Willoughby Appointed to NCAA Women’s Basketball...
W. Basketball | 8/18/2017
Virginia women’s basketball sophomore Jocelyn Willoughby has been appointed as a non-voting...
Scrimmages in Costa Rica
W. Basketball | 8/6/2017
The Cavaliers are playing three scrimmages in Costa Rica on their foreign tour.
Jeff White: Adventure in Central America Awaits 'Hoos
W. Basketball | 7/31/2017
The UVA women's basketball team leaves this weekend for a tour that will include three games in...
Women’s Basketball Adds Amandine Toi
W. Basketball | 07/11/2017
Amandine Toi, a member of France's U-19 Junior National Team, will join the Cavaliers as a...
Virginia Hosts Maryland in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
W. Basketball | 06/28/2017
The ACC and Big Ten announced on Wednesday (June 28) the matchups for the 2017 Big Ten/ACC Women&...
- Online Stores