Nov. 4, 2015
Aliyah Huland El played in all 31 games with one start as a freshman. Huland El made her collegiate debut against Ohio State, scoring five points with an assist and two blocked shots in 13 minutes. She had back-to-back double-digit scoring games against Delaware State (10) and Longwood (11). Her first career start came against Florida State and she finished with a season-high 14 points in the game.
Other Fun Facts about Aliyah:
- Loves basketball because “It is the best sport in the world!”
- Most important things in her life right now are friends and family, school and basketball.
- Place she has been that was like paradise is Tobago.
- If she could have one wish granted it would be to end world hunger.
- Dream job is to be a pediatrician.
- Person she respects most is her dad. “He is a confident, intelligent and hardworking person.”
- If she were a vegetable she would be kale.
- Favorite color she would be is turquoise, because it is both soothing and vibrant.
- If she were a candy bar she would be a Snickers. “Who wouldn’t like a combo of nougat, caramel, peanuts and milk chocolate?”
- Movie character she would want to play is Neytiri from Avatar.
- Played flute and was first chair in fourth and fifth grade.
- Characteristic she values most in her teammates is trustworthiness.
The Virginia Cavaliers open the 2015-16 season on Friday, Nov. 13 at Middle Tennessee in Murfreesboro, Tenn. Season ticket packages are still available. Click Here for ticket information.
No. 1 Cavaliers Celebrate Latest FeatMen's Basketball2/24/18Three days after clinching the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament, top-ranked Virginia secured the outright regular-season title with a win at Pitt.Cunningham Flying High With EaglesFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes Regular Season Sunday at Wake Forest
W. Basketball | 2/24/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team closes out the regular season on Sunday at 3 p.m., playing...
Defense propels No. 4 Louisville past Virginia 51-39
W. Basketball | 2/22/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 51-39 at Louisville. Lauren Moses scored 10 points with...
Virginia Plays at No. 4 Louisville on Thursday
W. Basketball | 2/21/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team closes out the regular season with two road games, beginning...
Hoos Life - Aliyah Huland El Senior Profile
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Senior guard Aliyah Huland El penned this piece in which she reflects on her time at Virginia and...
Jeff White: Prime Opportunity Eludes Cavaliers
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season...
Virginia Falls 77-62 to Miami
W. Basketball | 2/18/2018
The Cavaliers fell 77-62 to Miami in the final home game of the 2017-18 season. Dominique...
Virginia Hosts Miami on Senior Day
W. Basketball | 02/17/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team plays its final home game on Sunday, hosting Miami at 12:30 ...
Virginia falls 83-69 to No. 5 Notre Dame
W. Basketball | 02/15/2018
The Virginia women's basketball team fell 83-69 to Notre Dame. Felicia Aiyeotan scored a season-h...
- Online Stores