Pien Dicke scores a hat trick as the Cavaliers log their third straight shutout
Cavaliers win the title for the first time in program history
Cavaliers score three unanswered goals in the second half to down the Eagles
Head coach Michele Madison announces eight additions for the fall
- Scored a pair of goal in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored two goals and had an assist in the win over Pacific (Sept. 25)
- Had a goal and an assist in the 8-0 victory over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Appeared in 22 games, starting all of them
- Was in the starting lineup in her first collegiate game, the season-opener against Miami (Aug. 26)
- Had her first collegiate assist in the regular-season win over Wake Forest (Sept. 30)
- Scored the first two goals of her collegiate career during the ACC Championship
- Made a defensive save in the NCAA Tournament first-round victory over Michigan (Nov. 12)
- MVP and team captain of the U-15 Waikato team that earned a bronze medal at the 2012 New Zealand national tournament
- Won a silver medal at the national tournament with the 2015 Midlands U-18 women's team
- 2014-15 MVP of her Matamata College team
- Daughter of Charles and Annelise Viljoen
- Both her father and mother played field hockey for college first division teams and at the provincial level as did her sister, Marine
- Is learning to play guitar
- Was born in South Africa, immigrating to New Zealand when she was 10 years old. Spoke no English when she arrived in New Zealand but was nearly fluent within weeks
Viljoen Career Statistics
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pien Dicke Named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
Freshman midfielder Pien Dicke was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time...
No. 4 Virginia Hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday at 5 p.m. for the Cavaliers...
No. 4 Virginia Picks up 2-1 Road Win at No. 7 Syracuse
Field Hockey | 10/14/2017
The Virginia field hockey team picked up a 2-1 road victory at No. 7 Syracuse to remain in a tie ...
No. 4 Virginia Plays at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday
Field Hockey | 10/13/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday at 1 p.m...
No. 3 Virginia Shuts Out Drexel, 8-0
Field Hockey | 10/8/2017
Pien Dicke had her fifth hat trick of the season as the Cavaliers logged their fifth shutout...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts Drexel on Sunday
Field Hockey | 10/7/2017
The No. 3 Virginia field hockey team closes its home stand by hosting Drexel on Sunday at 1 p.m.
No. 3 Virginia Falls 4-0 to No. 6 North Carolina
Field Hockey | 10/06/2017
The Virginia field hockey team had its nine-game win streak snapped with a 4-0 loss to North...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts No. 6 North Carolina on Friday
Field Hockey | 10/05/2017
The Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown on Friday when they host No. 6 North...
- Online Stores