Pien Dicke scores a hat trick as the Cavaliers log their third straight shutout
Cavaliers win the title for the first time in program history
Cavaliers score three unanswered goals in the second half to down the Eagles
Head coach Michele Madison announces eight additions for the fall
- Scored a pair of goal in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored two goals and had an assist in the win over Pacific (Sept. 25)
- Had a goal and an assist in the 8-0 victory over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Appeared in 22 games, starting all of them
- Was in the starting lineup in her first collegiate game, the season-opener against Miami (Aug. 26)
- Had her first collegiate assist in the regular-season win over Wake Forest (Sept. 30)
- Scored the first two goals of her collegiate career during the ACC Championship
- Made a defensive save in the NCAA Tournament first-round victory over Michigan (Nov. 12)
- MVP and team captain of the U-15 Waikato team that earned a bronze medal at the 2012 New Zealand national tournament
- Won a silver medal at the national tournament with the 2015 Midlands U-18 women's team
- 2014-15 MVP of her Matamata College team
- Daughter of Charles and Annelise Viljoen
- Both her father and mother played field hockey for college first division teams and at the provincial level as did her sister, Marine
- Is learning to play guitar
- Was born in South Africa, immigrating to New Zealand when she was 10 years old. Spoke no English when she arrived in New Zealand but was nearly fluent within weeks
Viljoen Career Statistics
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
Virginia Hosts Princeton on Saturday in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/9/2017
No. 5 Virginia hosts No. 11 Princeton at 2 p.m. on Saturday. No. 4 North Carolina plays No. 15...
Virginia to Host NCAA Field Hockey First and Second Rounds
Field Hockey | 11/05/2017
Virginia will face Princeton in a first-round match on Saturday Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. North Carolina ...
Virginia Falls 4-0 to North Carolina in ACC Semifinal
Field Hockey | 11/03/2017
The Virginia field hockey team was eliminated from the ACC Championship with a 4-0 loss to North ...
- Online Stores