Senior Becca Zamojcin earns the honor for the third time
Pien Dicke scores a hat trick as the Cavaliers log their third straight shutout
Cavaliers win the title for the first time in program history
Cavaliers score three unanswered goals in the second half to down the Eagles
Head coach Michele Madison announces eight additions for the fall
- All-ACC Academic Team
- Scored a pair of goal in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored two goals and had an assist in the win over Pacific (Sept. 25)
- Had a goal and an assist in the 8-0 victory over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Appeared in 22 games, starting all of them
- Was in the starting lineup in her first collegiate game, the season-opener against Miami (Aug. 26)
- Had her first collegiate assist in the regular-season win over Wake Forest (Sept. 30)
- Scored the first two goals of her collegiate career during the ACC Championship
- Made a defensive save in the NCAA Tournament first-round victory over Michigan (Nov. 12)
- MVP and team captain of the U-15 Waikato team that earned a bronze medal at the 2012 New Zealand national tournament
- Won a silver medal at the national tournament with the 2015 Midlands U-18 women's team
- 2014-15 MVP of her Matamata College team
- Daughter of Charles and Annelise Viljoen
- Both her father and mother played field hockey for college first division teams and at the provincial level as did her sister, Marine
- Is learning to play guitar
- Was born in South Africa, immigrating to New Zealand when she was 10 years old. Spoke no English when she arrived in New Zealand but was nearly fluent within weeks
Viljoen Career Statistics
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 3/6/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US Development Team...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 3/2/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/05/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
- Online Stores