Tara Vittese and Carrera Lucas earned offensive and defensive honors
Greta Ell offered a trial for the U-21 team after the end of the fall season
Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers also earn the National Academic Team Award
Caleigh Foust earns her fourth-straight honor
- Had two shutouts in the first three games, keeping Fairfield (Aug. 25) and Columbia (Sept. 1) scoreless
- Made eight saves in the win over No. 1 Duke (Sept. 8)
- Named the ACC Defensive Player of the Week (Sept. 11) after picking up wins over Duke and Michigan State
- Had her third shutout of the season against No. 8 Boston College (Sept. 22), making five saves
- Over the summer, named to the USWNT National Development Squad after attending the Young Women's National Championship and earning an invitation to Development Squad National Camp
- All-ACC Academic Team
- 2016 Longstreth/NFHCA All-South Region Second Team
- 2016 ZAG Field Hockey/NFHCA National Academic Squad
- Started the final 20 games of the season, posting a 14-6 record
- Second in the ACC in saves per games (5.20)
- Named the ACC Co-Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 18) after the shutout victory over Syracuse
- Had her first career shutout in the win over Princeton (Sept. 16) and has added three more since then (Fairfield, Old Dominion, Syracuse)
- Had a career-high 14 saves against Princeton (Sept. 16)
- Appeared in 17 games with six starts, amassing a 6-1 record
- Made her collegiate debut, playing the second half against Drexel (Aug. 28)
- Made her first career save in her first career start at Rutgers (Sept. 4), also earning her first win
- Played a scoreless half at Miami (Sept. 13), logging three saves
- Tallied a season-high eight saves playing the second half and overtime against Old Dominion (Oct. 11)
- Did not allow a goal in 54:34 of the NCAA first-round game against Delaware, matching her season high with eight saves (Nov. 14)
- Eighth in the ACC with 52 saves, ranking sixth in saves per game (3.06)
- 2015 ZAG Field Hockey / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- Redshirted for field hockey in the fall, but was a member of the 2015 Cavalier lacrosse team in the spring
- SGI / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- SGI / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- At St. Paul's School for Girls, averaged 14.8 saves per game (266 total saves), saving 82 percent of the shots she faced in her fourth varsity season.
- 2014 SPSG Athlete of the Year
- Three-time Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A Conference All-Star
- 2011 team MVP, 2013 Field Hockey Most Valuable Player Award
- Baltimore Ravens Athlete of the Week on Dec. 23, 2012
- Was also a lacrosse goalie, being named a 2013 and 2014 Towson Times Second-Team All-Star and serving as the 2014 team's captain
- Also earned three varsity letters in squash and served as team captain in 2014
- Recipient of the 2014 C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Athletic Service Award
- Daughter of Carol and Dale Lucas
- Has two older brothers, Tyler and Garrett
- Her father, Dale, was a member of the US Bobsled Team from 1976-81
- Her father runs a competitive BBQ team with the family often traveling around the country with him to competitions
- Has lived her whole life on a horse farm that specializes in breeding and training thoroughbreds
Lucas' Career Statistics
'Hoos Make Statement With Resounding WinFootball9/23/17On the blue turf of Albertsons Stadium, where Boise State rarely loses, Virginia rolled a 42-23 victory Friday night in a game shown on ESPN2.Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 4 Virginia Finishes Homestand on Monday at 1 p.m.
Field Hockey | 9/24/2017
No. 4 Virginia field hockey will take on Pacific on Monday, Sept. 25 at 1 p.m. at Turf Field....
No. 4 Virginia Shuts Out No. 8 Boston College, 3-0
Field Hockey | 9/22/2017
No. 4 Virginia picked up its seventh straight win and second consecutive shutout with a 3-0...
No. 4 Virginia Faces No. 8 Boston College on Friday
Field Hockey | 9/21/2017
No. 4 Virginia hosts No. 8 Boston College on Friday, Sept. 22 at 5 p.m. at University Hall Turf...
Monday Virginia Field Hockey Game Time Moved to 1 p.m.
Field Hockey | 9/20/2017
Monday's field hockey game between Virginia and Pacific has been moved up to a 1 p.m. start time.
No. 5 Virginia Blanks Richmond, 7-0
Field Hockey | 9/17/2017
The Virginia field hockey team shut out Richmond, 7-0. Pien Dicke had her third hat trick of the ...
No. 5 Virginia Hosts Richmond on Sunday
Field Hockey | 9/16/2017
The No. 5 Virginia field hockey team hosts Richmond on Sunday, Sept. 17 at 12 p.m. at Turf Field.
No. 5 Virginia Wins 7-2 over No. 18 William & Mary
Field Hockey | 09/15/2017
Greta Ell scored the first hat trick of her career as the Cavaliers downed No. 18 William & Mary,...
No. 5 Virginia Hosts In-State Rivals this Weekend
Field Hockey | 09/14/2017
The No. 5 Virginia field hockey team takes on No. 18 William & Mary on Friday, Sept. 15 at 5 p.m....
- Online Stores