Tara Vittese and Carrera Lucas earned offensive and defensive honors
Greta Ell offered a trial for the U-21 team after the end of the fall season
Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers also earn the National Academic Team Award
Caleigh Foust earns her fourth-straight honor
- Had two shutouts in the first three games, keeping Fairfield (Aug. 25) and Columbia (Sept. 1) scoreless
- Made eight saves in the win over No. 1 Duke (Sept. 8)
- Named the ACC Defensive Player of the Week (Sept. 11) after picking up wins over Duke and Michigan State
- Had her third shutout of the season against No. 8 Boston College (Sept. 22), making five saves
- Over the summer, named to the USWNT National Development Squad after attending the Young Women's National Championship and earning an invitation to Development Squad National Camp
- All-ACC Academic Team
- 2016 Longstreth/NFHCA All-South Region Second Team
- 2016 ZAG Field Hockey/NFHCA National Academic Squad
- Started the final 20 games of the season, posting a 14-6 record
- Second in the ACC in saves per games (5.20)
- Named the ACC Co-Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 18) after the shutout victory over Syracuse
- Had her first career shutout in the win over Princeton (Sept. 16) and has added three more since then (Fairfield, Old Dominion, Syracuse)
- Had a career-high 14 saves against Princeton (Sept. 16)
- Appeared in 17 games with six starts, amassing a 6-1 record
- Made her collegiate debut, playing the second half against Drexel (Aug. 28)
- Made her first career save in her first career start at Rutgers (Sept. 4), also earning her first win
- Played a scoreless half at Miami (Sept. 13), logging three saves
- Tallied a season-high eight saves playing the second half and overtime against Old Dominion (Oct. 11)
- Did not allow a goal in 54:34 of the NCAA first-round game against Delaware, matching her season high with eight saves (Nov. 14)
- Eighth in the ACC with 52 saves, ranking sixth in saves per game (3.06)
- 2015 ZAG Field Hockey / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- Redshirted for field hockey in the fall, but was a member of the 2015 Cavalier lacrosse team in the spring
- SGI / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- SGI / NFHCA National Academic Squad
- At St. Paul's School for Girls, averaged 14.8 saves per game (266 total saves), saving 82 percent of the shots she faced in her fourth varsity season.
- 2014 SPSG Athlete of the Year
- Three-time Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland A Conference All-Star
- 2011 team MVP, 2013 Field Hockey Most Valuable Player Award
- Baltimore Ravens Athlete of the Week on Dec. 23, 2012
- Was also a lacrosse goalie, being named a 2013 and 2014 Towson Times Second-Team All-Star and serving as the 2014 team's captain
- Also earned three varsity letters in squash and served as team captain in 2014
- Recipient of the 2014 C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Athletic Service Award
- Daughter of Carol and Dale Lucas
- Has two older brothers, Tyler and Garrett
- Her father, Dale, was a member of the US Bobsled Team from 1976-81
- Her father runs a competitive BBQ team with the family often traveling around the country with him to competitions
- Has lived her whole life on a horse farm that specializes in breeding and training thoroughbreds
Lucas' Career Statistics
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
Virginia Hosts Princeton on Saturday in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/9/2017
No. 5 Virginia hosts No. 11 Princeton at 2 p.m. on Saturday. No. 4 North Carolina plays No. 15...
Virginia to Host NCAA Field Hockey First and Second Rounds
Field Hockey | 11/5/2017
Virginia will face Princeton in a first-round match on Saturday Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. North Carolina ...
Virginia Falls 4-0 to North Carolina in ACC Semifinal
Field Hockey | 11/3/2017
The Virginia field hockey team was eliminated from the ACC Championship with a 4-0 loss to North ...
Virginia Begins ACC Championship Play on Friday
Field Hockey | 11/2/2017
The top-seeded Virginia field hockey team will take on North Carolina in the ACC Field Hockey...
Tara Vittese Repeats as ACC Offensive Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/1/2017
Tara Vittese was voted the ACC Offensive Player of the Year while Pien Dicke and Michele Madison ...
Jeff White: Freshmen Playing Leading Roles for 'Hoos
Field Hockey | 10/31/2017
The players who have started every game this season for fourth-ranked Virginia include two...
No. 4 Virginia Closes Regular Season with 4-2 win at ODU
Field Hockey | 10/29/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team closed out the regular season with a 4-2 victory at Old...
- Online Stores