Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers score three unanswered goals in the second half to down the Eagles
Incoming freshman midfielder invited to participated Stars and Stripes Elite Tournament and Training Camp
Head coach Michele Madison announces eight additions for the fall
- Scored a goal and had an assist in the 8-0 victory over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Attended Young Women's National Championship and earned an invitation to U21 US Junior Squad National Camp
- Appeared in 24 games, making her collegiate debut against Miami (8/26)
- Scored her first collegiate goal in the ACC first-round game against Boston College (Nov. 3)
- Made her first career start at Richmond (10/18)
- Took 12 shots, including firing off three in her debut against Miami (8/26)
High School/Club Hockey
- Two-time Virginia State Player of the Year (2014-15)
- Two-time Delaney Athletic Conference Player of the Year (2014-15)
- 2015 Free-Lance Star All-Area Player of the Year
- Four-time VISAA All-State (2012-15)
- Second-team All-Area in 2013 and first team in 2014 and 2015
- Four-time All-Delaney Athletic Conference (2012-15)
- Led Fredericksburg Academy to four-straight state championship
- Fredericksburg Academy's all-time leading scorer with 117 goals and career assist leader with 47
- Also played lacrosse, being named All-State in 2014 and 2015
- Played two years with the U19 USA National Indoor Team (2015-16)
- Daughter of Missy Norair and Steve Norair
- Sister, Meghan Norair, plays field hockey at Duke
- Mother, Missy, played tennis at Kentucky (1981-85); the former No. 1 player was All-SEC in 1984
- Father, Stever, played lacrosse and soccer at Denison University (1976-80)
- Also has an older brother, Stephen, and a younger sister, Grace
- Went on a school trip to Costa Rica with a program called Global Explorers, doing service in a Nicaraguan refugee camp as well as painting local schools
- Student body vice-president her senior year of high school
Norair's Career Statistics
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
Virginia Hosts Princeton on Saturday in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/9/2017
No. 5 Virginia hosts No. 11 Princeton at 2 p.m. on Saturday. No. 4 North Carolina plays No. 15...
Virginia to Host NCAA Field Hockey First and Second Rounds
Field Hockey | 11/5/2017
Virginia will face Princeton in a first-round match on Saturday Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. North Carolina ...
Virginia Falls 4-0 to North Carolina in ACC Semifinal
Field Hockey | 11/03/2017
The Virginia field hockey team was eliminated from the ACC Championship with a 4-0 loss to North ...
Virginia Begins ACC Championship Play on Friday
Field Hockey | 11/02/2017
The top-seeded Virginia field hockey team will take on North Carolina in the ACC Field Hockey...
- Online Stores