Senior midfielder scored 4:30 into overtime to break the scoreless deadlock
Carrera Lucas logged a career-high 14 saves in her first career shutout
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catching up with the sophomore back
Cavaliers earn second-ever win over a No. 1 team
- Appeared in 24 games with 23 starts
- Had four defensive saves, including making two in the win over Syracuse (Sept. 15)
- Finished her career with nine defensive saves, tied for sixth most in program history
- Started every game (21)
- Logged defensive saves at Princeton (Sept. 6) and at home against NorthCarolina (Oct. 2)
- Appeared in all but one game with six starts
- Logged two defensive saves, one against Princeton (Sept. 7) and the other at North Carolina (Oct. 3)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Appeared in 12 games with two starts
- Made her collegiate debut on Sept. 15 at Vermont
- Made her first career start on Sept. 27 at Wake Forest
- Also started on Oct. 1 against Radford
- Played field hockey, basketball, lacrosse and was a sprinter at Academy of Notre Dame
- 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-Pennsylvania Region second team
- Two-time first team All-Delco (2011-12)
- Three-time first team All-InterAc (2010-11)
- Two-time first team All-Main Line (2011-12) and 2010 second team All-Main Line
- 2011-13 Junior US Women's Indoor Team Field Hockey
- Daughter of Robert and Melissa Faught
- Grandfather, Robert Faught, was a three-time All-American basketball player at Notre Dame (1940-44), setting the Madison Square Garden scoring record as a sophomore and then going on to play in the NBA for the Cleveland Rebels
- Her grandfather also played tennis at Notre Dame, going on to be ranked in the top-20 in men's tennis in the U.S.
- Her father, Robert Faught, was a nationally-ranked junior tennis player, going on to play on the Junior Davis Cup Team
- Has an older brother, Connor, and two older sisters, Caroline and Elizabeth
- Sister, Caroline, played water polo at Michigan (2001-05)
- Spent the summer of 2015 studying abroad in Spain
- English major
Faught's Career Statistics
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pien Dicke Named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
Freshman midfielder Pien Dicke was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time...
No. 4 Virginia Hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday at 5 p.m. for the Cavaliers...
No. 4 Virginia Picks up 2-1 Road Win at No. 7 Syracuse
Field Hockey | 10/14/2017
The Virginia field hockey team picked up a 2-1 road victory at No. 7 Syracuse to remain in a tie ...
No. 4 Virginia Plays at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday
Field Hockey | 10/13/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday at 1 p.m...
No. 3 Virginia Shuts Out Drexel, 8-0
Field Hockey | 10/8/2017
Pien Dicke had her fifth hat trick of the season as the Cavaliers logged their fifth shutout...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts Drexel on Sunday
Field Hockey | 10/7/2017
The No. 3 Virginia field hockey team closes its home stand by hosting Drexel on Sunday at 1 p.m.
No. 3 Virginia Falls 4-0 to No. 6 North Carolina
Field Hockey | 10/06/2017
The Virginia field hockey team had its nine-game win streak snapped with a 4-0 loss to North...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts No. 6 North Carolina on Friday
Field Hockey | 10/05/2017
The Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown on Friday when they host No. 6 North...
- Online Stores