Senior midfielder scored 4:30 into overtime to break the scoreless deadlock
Carrera Lucas logged a career-high 14 saves in her first career shutout
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catching up with the sophomore back
Cavaliers earn second-ever win over a No. 1 team
- Appeared in 24 games with 23 starts
- Had four defensive saves, including making two in the win over Syracuse (Sept. 15)
- Finished her career with nine defensive saves, tied for sixth most in program history
- Started every game (21)
- Logged defensive saves at Princeton (Sept. 6) and at home against NorthCarolina (Oct. 2)
- Appeared in all but one game with six starts
- Logged two defensive saves, one against Princeton (Sept. 7) and the other at North Carolina (Oct. 3)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Appeared in 12 games with two starts
- Made her collegiate debut on Sept. 15 at Vermont
- Made her first career start on Sept. 27 at Wake Forest
- Also started on Oct. 1 against Radford
- Played field hockey, basketball, lacrosse and was a sprinter at Academy of Notre Dame
- 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-Pennsylvania Region second team
- Two-time first team All-Delco (2011-12)
- Three-time first team All-InterAc (2010-11)
- Two-time first team All-Main Line (2011-12) and 2010 second team All-Main Line
- 2011-13 Junior US Women's Indoor Team Field Hockey
- Daughter of Robert and Melissa Faught
- Grandfather, Robert Faught, was a three-time All-American basketball player at Notre Dame (1940-44), setting the Madison Square Garden scoring record as a sophomore and then going on to play in the NBA for the Cleveland Rebels
- Her grandfather also played tennis at Notre Dame, going on to be ranked in the top-20 in men's tennis in the U.S.
- Her father, Robert Faught, was a nationally-ranked junior tennis player, going on to play on the Junior Davis Cup Team
- Has an older brother, Connor, and two older sisters, Caroline and Elizabeth
- Sister, Caroline, played water polo at Michigan (2001-05)
- Spent the summer of 2015 studying abroad in Spain
- English major
Faught's Career Statistics
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
Virginia Hosts Princeton on Saturday in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/9/2017
No. 5 Virginia hosts No. 11 Princeton at 2 p.m. on Saturday. No. 4 North Carolina plays No. 15...
Virginia to Host NCAA Field Hockey First and Second Rounds
Field Hockey | 11/05/2017
Virginia will face Princeton in a first-round match on Saturday Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. North Carolina ...
Virginia Falls 4-0 to North Carolina in ACC Semifinal
Field Hockey | 11/03/2017
The Virginia field hockey team was eliminated from the ACC Championship with a 4-0 loss to North ...
- Online Stores