Senior midfielder scored 4:30 into overtime to break the scoreless deadlock
Carrera Lucas logged a career-high 14 saves in her first career shutout
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catching up with the sophomore back
Cavaliers earn second-ever win over a No. 1 team
- Appeared in 24 games with 23 starts
- Had four defensive saves, including making two in the win over Syracuse (Sept. 15)
- Finished her career with nine defensive saves, tied for sixth most in program history
- Started every game (21)
- Logged defensive saves at Princeton (Sept. 6) and at home against NorthCarolina (Oct. 2)
- Appeared in all but one game with six starts
- Logged two defensive saves, one against Princeton (Sept. 7) and the other at North Carolina (Oct. 3)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Appeared in 12 games with two starts
- Made her collegiate debut on Sept. 15 at Vermont
- Made her first career start on Sept. 27 at Wake Forest
- Also started on Oct. 1 against Radford
- Played field hockey, basketball, lacrosse and was a sprinter at Academy of Notre Dame
- 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-Pennsylvania Region second team
- Two-time first team All-Delco (2011-12)
- Three-time first team All-InterAc (2010-11)
- Two-time first team All-Main Line (2011-12) and 2010 second team All-Main Line
- 2011-13 Junior US Women's Indoor Team Field Hockey
- Daughter of Robert and Melissa Faught
- Grandfather, Robert Faught, was a three-time All-American basketball player at Notre Dame (1940-44), setting the Madison Square Garden scoring record as a sophomore and then going on to play in the NBA for the Cleveland Rebels
- Her grandfather also played tennis at Notre Dame, going on to be ranked in the top-20 in men's tennis in the U.S.
- Her father, Robert Faught, was a nationally-ranked junior tennis player, going on to play on the Junior Davis Cup Team
- Has an older brother, Connor, and two older sisters, Caroline and Elizabeth
- Sister, Caroline, played water polo at Michigan (2001-05)
- Spent the summer of 2015 studying abroad in Spain
- English major
Faught's Career Statistics
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 3/6/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US Development Team...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 3/2/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/05/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
- Online Stores