Senior midfielder scored 4:30 into overtime to break the scoreless deadlock
Carrera Lucas logged a career-high 14 saves in her first career shutout
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Catching up with the sophomore back
Cavaliers earn second-ever win over a No. 1 team
- Appeared in 24 games with 23 starts
- Had four defensive saves, including making two in the win over Syracuse (Sept. 15)
- Finished her career with nine defensive saves, tied for sixth most in program history
- Started every game (21)
- Logged defensive saves at Princeton (Sept. 6) and at home against NorthCarolina (Oct. 2)
- Appeared in all but one game with six starts
- Logged two defensive saves, one against Princeton (Sept. 7) and the other at North Carolina (Oct. 3)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
- Appeared in 12 games with two starts
- Made her collegiate debut on Sept. 15 at Vermont
- Made her first career start on Sept. 27 at Wake Forest
- Also started on Oct. 1 against Radford
- Played field hockey, basketball, lacrosse and was a sprinter at Academy of Notre Dame
- 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-Pennsylvania Region second team
- Two-time first team All-Delco (2011-12)
- Three-time first team All-InterAc (2010-11)
- Two-time first team All-Main Line (2011-12) and 2010 second team All-Main Line
- 2011-13 Junior US Women's Indoor Team Field Hockey
- Daughter of Robert and Melissa Faught
- Grandfather, Robert Faught, was a three-time All-American basketball player at Notre Dame (1940-44), setting the Madison Square Garden scoring record as a sophomore and then going on to play in the NBA for the Cleveland Rebels
- Her grandfather also played tennis at Notre Dame, going on to be ranked in the top-20 in men's tennis in the U.S.
- Her father, Robert Faught, was a nationally-ranked junior tennis player, going on to play on the Junior Davis Cup Team
- Has an older brother, Connor, and two older sisters, Caroline and Elizabeth
- Sister, Caroline, played water polo at Michigan (2001-05)
- Spent the summer of 2015 studying abroad in Spain
- English major
Faught's Career Statistics
Casey's Return Buoys CavaliersBaseball2/22/17Derek Casey, who missed the 2016 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, pitched five strong innings in No. 14 Virginia's home opener.Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Three Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/8/2017
Caleigh Foust was voted to the team for the fourth time while Carrera Lucas and Dominique van...
Tara Vittese Repeats as National Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA Division I National Player of the...
Cavaliers Earn All-State Honors from VaSID
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Tara Vittese was named the State Player of the Year while Dominique van Slooten was named the top...
Ole Keusgen Named as USA Field Hockey U-19 Coach
Field Hockey | 12/12/2016
Assistant coach Ole Keusgen has been selected to lead the U.S. U-19 Women's National Team and...
Hyams, Vittese Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/7/2016
Senior Lucy Hyams earned her second first-team All-America honor while junior Tara Vittese earned...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/1/2016
Virginia field hockey junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA South Region ...
Five Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/29/2016
Hyams and Vittese were named to the first team while Foust, Lucas and van Slooten earned second-t...
Virginia Falls on a Last-Second Goal in NCAA Quarterfinals
Field Hockey | 11/13/2016
Princeton scored the game-winner as time expired to end the Cavaliers' season. Erin Shanahan and ...
- Online Stores