Greta Ell scores her first hat trick in the victory
Greta Ell offered a trial for the U-21 team after the end of the fall season
Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers close out New England road trip shutting out the Stags
Tournament takes place June 28- July 3 in Lancaster, Pa.
- VaSID All-State Second Team
- Ranked sixth in the ACC in goals per game (0.60) and eighth in points per game (1.20)
- Finished the season with 13 goals, including two game-winners and a team-best .295 shoot ing percentage
- Scored a pair of goals in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored the game-winning goal in the victory over No. 1 Duke (Sept. 8)
- Had her first career hat trick against William & Mary (Sept. 15)
- Scored a pair of goals in the loss to Maryland (Oct. 17)
- During the summer, attended Young Women's National Championship and earned an invitation to U21 US Junior Squad National Camp
- Appeared in 24 games with 13 starts
- Scored a goal in the win at Fairfield
- Had an assist in the NCAA Tournament first-round game against Michigan
- Was the lone freshman in Virginia's opening-day lineup, appearing in 21 games with 19 starts
- Finished her rookie season ranked fourth on the team with nine goals and 22 points
- Scored a goal and had an assist in her collegiate debut against Drexel
- Scored a goal in each of the first four games of her collegiate career including the overtime game-winner at Princeton (Sept. 6)
- Scored the game-winner at Liberty (Oct. 15)
High School and Club
- Played four seasons of varsity field hockey and ran varsity track four years at Holy Redeemer
- 2014 Wyoming Valley Conference Field Hockey Player of the Year
- Three-time First Team All-State
- Three-time Citizen's Voice All-Star First Team and Times Leader All-Star First Team
- As a senior, was her team's leading scorer and one of WVC's offensive points leaders with 34 goals and 16 assists, setting school record for total points
- Also led the WVC in points in 2012 with 19 goals and 15 assists
- Tallied a total of 74 goals and 59 assists in her high school career
- 2014-15 NFHCA PA Region Second Team
- 2014-15 NFHCA High School National Academic Squad
- 2015-16 USA Field Hockey U-19 National Indoor Team
- Won two gold medals (2011-12) at the National Indoor Tournaments
- Won a silver medal with Xcalibur U19 at the 2014 National Club Championship
- In track, was named to the Times Leader Track & Field All-Star Second Team her freshman season
- Finished sixth in the 100m at Districts her senior season
- Daughter of Robert and Babette Ell
- Her brother, Zach, played baseball at Penn State
- Her brother, Dalton, played basketball at NCAA III King's College
- Also has a younger brother, Tucker
- Undeclared major
Ell Career Statistics
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ole Keusgen Named as USA Field Hockey U-19 Head Coach
Field Hockey | 5/14/2018
Ole Keusgen will serve as the head coach for the U19 Junior National Team in addition to his UVA ...
Vittese and Kiser Claim UVA Top Honors
Field Hockey | 5/2/2018
Tara Vittese (field hockey) and Micah Kiser (football) were honored as Virginia’s top male ...
Virginia Field Hockey Reloads with Nine New Players
Field Hockey | 5/1/2018
The incoming class includes members of the US Women’s National Indoor Team, US and Dutch...
Nine Cavaliers Named to the NFHCA National Academic Squad
Field Hockey | 3/29/2018
Virginia field hockey had nine players named to the ZAG Field Hockey / NFHCA National Academic...
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 3/6/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US U21 squad (March...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 3/2/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 02/02/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 01/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
- Online Stores