Greta Ell scores her first hat trick in the victory
Greta Ell offered a trial for the U-21 team after the end of the fall season
Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers close out New England road trip shutting out the Stags
Tournament takes place June 28- July 3 in Lancaster, Pa.
- VaSID All-State Second Team
- Ranked sixth in the ACC in goals per game (0.60) and eighth in points per game (1.20)
- Finished the season with 13 goals, including two game-winners and a team-best .295 shoot ing percentage
- Scored a pair of goals in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored the game-winning goal in the victory over No. 1 Duke (Sept. 8)
- Had her first career hat trick against William & Mary (Sept. 15)
- Scored a pair of goals in the loss to Maryland (Oct. 17)
- During the summer, attended Young Women's National Championship and earned an invitation to U21 US Junior Squad National Camp
- Appeared in 24 games with 13 starts
- Scored a goal in the win at Fairfield
- Had an assist in the NCAA Tournament first-round game against Michigan
- Was the lone freshman in Virginia's opening-day lineup, appearing in 21 games with 19 starts
- Finished her rookie season ranked fourth on the team with nine goals and 22 points
- Scored a goal and had an assist in her collegiate debut against Drexel
- Scored a goal in each of the first four games of her collegiate career including the overtime game-winner at Princeton (Sept. 6)
- Scored the game-winner at Liberty (Oct. 15)
High School and Club
- Played four seasons of varsity field hockey and ran varsity track four years at Holy Redeemer
- 2014 Wyoming Valley Conference Field Hockey Player of the Year
- Three-time First Team All-State
- Three-time Citizen's Voice All-Star First Team and Times Leader All-Star First Team
- As a senior, was her team's leading scorer and one of WVC's offensive points leaders with 34 goals and 16 assists, setting school record for total points
- Also led the WVC in points in 2012 with 19 goals and 15 assists
- Tallied a total of 74 goals and 59 assists in her high school career
- 2014-15 NFHCA PA Region Second Team
- 2014-15 NFHCA High School National Academic Squad
- 2015-16 USA Field Hockey U-19 National Indoor Team
- Won two gold medals (2011-12) at the National Indoor Tournaments
- Won a silver medal with Xcalibur U19 at the 2014 National Club Championship
- In track, was named to the Times Leader Track & Field All-Star Second Team her freshman season
- Finished sixth in the 100m at Districts her senior season
- Daughter of Robert and Babette Ell
- Her brother, Zach, played baseball at Penn State
- Her brother, Dalton, played basketball at NCAA III King's College
- Also has a younger brother, Tucker
- Undeclared major
Ell Career Statistics
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
- Online Stores