Greta Ell scores her first hat trick in the victory
Greta Ell offered a trial for the U-21 team after the end of the fall season
Young Women's National Championship take place June 12-16 at the Home of Hockey
Cavaliers close out New England road trip shutting out the Stags
Tournament takes place June 28- July 3 in Lancaster, Pa.
- During the summer, attended Young Women's National Championship and earned an invitation to U21 US Junior Squad National Camp
- Scored a pair of goals in the season opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25)
- Scored the game-winning goal in the victory over No. 1 Duke (Sept. 8)
- Had her first career hat trick against William & Mary (Sept. 15)
- Appeared in 24 games with 13 starts
- Scored a goal in the win at Fairfield
- Had an assist in the NCAA Tournament first-round game against Michigan
- Was the lone freshman in Virginia's opening-day lineup, appearing in 21 games with 19 starts
- Finished her rookie season ranked fourth on the team with nine goals and 22 points
- Scored a goal and had an assist in her collegiate debut against Drexel
- Scored a goal in each of the first four games of her collegiate career including the overtime game-winner at Princeton (Sept. 6)
- Scored the game-winner at Liberty (Oct. 15)
High School and Club
- Played four seasons of varsity field hockey and ran varsity track four years at Holy Redeemer
- 2014 Wyoming Valley Conference Field Hockey Player of the Year
- Three-time First Team All-State
- Three-time Citizen's Voice All-Star First Team and Times Leader All-Star First Team
- As a senior, was her team's leading scorer and one of WVC's offensive points leaders with 34 goals and 16 assists, setting school record for total points
- Also led the WVC in points in 2012 with 19 goals and 15 assists
- Tallied a total of 74 goals and 59 assists in her high school career
- 2014-15 NFHCA PA Region Second Team
- 2014-15 NFHCA High School National Academic Squad
- 2015-16 USA Field Hockey U-19 National Indoor Team
- Won two gold medals (2011-12) at the National Indoor Tournaments
- Won a silver medal with Xcalibur U19 at the 2014 National Club Championship
- In track, was named to the Times Leader Track & Field All-Star Second Team her freshman season
- Finished sixth in the 100m at Districts her senior season
- Daughter of Robert and Babette Ell
- Her brother, Zach, played baseball at Penn State
- Her brother, Dalton, played basketball at NCAA III King's College
- Also has a younger brother, Tucker
- Undeclared major
Ell Career Statistics
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia's Late Rally Falls Short Against Maryland
Field Hockey | 10/17/2017
The Cavaliers rallied late in the game, including scoring two goals in the final two minutes, but...
Pien Dicke Named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
Freshman midfielder Pien Dicke was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time...
No. 4 Virginia Hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday at 5 p.m. for the Cavaliers...
No. 4 Virginia Picks up 2-1 Road Win at No. 7 Syracuse
Field Hockey | 10/14/2017
The Virginia field hockey team picked up a 2-1 road victory at No. 7 Syracuse to remain in a tie ...
No. 4 Virginia Plays at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday
Field Hockey | 10/13/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday at 1 p.m...
No. 3 Virginia Shuts Out Drexel, 8-0
Field Hockey | 10/8/2017
Pien Dicke had her fifth hat trick of the season as the Cavaliers logged their fifth shutout...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts Drexel on Sunday
Field Hockey | 10/07/2017
The No. 3 Virginia field hockey team closes its home stand by hosting Drexel on Sunday at 1 p.m.
No. 3 Virginia Falls 4-0 to No. 6 North Carolina
Field Hockey | 10/06/2017
The Virginia field hockey team had its nine-game win streak snapped with a 4-0 loss to North...
- Online Stores