Senior goalkeeper recognized after aiding an injured opponent
Caleigh Foust, Becca Zamojcin and Rebecca Holden were voted to the All-ACC Academic Team
Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Tara Vittese scored both of the Cavaliers' goals
Tara Vittese scores the game-winner 4:11 into overtime
• Appeared in the first four games of the season before being sidelined with an injury
• 2-2 record with a .742 save percentage
• Career record of 15-9 with a .703 save percentage
• Sole recipient of the 2015-16 ACC Sportsmanship Award
• ACC All-Tournament Team
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Co-captain with Lucy Hyams
• Appeared in 21 games with 15 starts, amassing a 9-5 record
• Made 10 saves, playing the entire overtime game against Penn State (Aug. 30)
• Made five stops in her 35 minutes in the net at Wake Forest (Oct. 8), without allowing a goal
• Made three stops without allowing a goal at Miami (Sept. 13)
• Played the entire games in the ACC Tournament, logging 15 saves, seven against Duke and eight against Syracuse
• Fourth in the ACC in saves (75) and saves per game (3.57)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 1-1 record in six appearances
• Was credited with the victory in the season-opener against William & Mary (Aug. 29), playing the first half in goal
• Took the loss at Iowa (Sept. 4)
• Held Boston U. to zero goals after taking over goalkeeping at the start of the second half, making two saves
• Redshirt season
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 10 games with four starts, amassing a 3-1 record
• Allowed seven goals (1.59 GAA) with 19 saves (73.1 save percentage) in her rookie campaign
• First start of her career came at Penn State (Aug. 26). She took the loss, with three saves and two goals allowed in 35 minutes of play
• Earned her first victory, getting the start against Towson (Aug. 31)
• Had a season-high eight saves at William & Mary, playing the first 44:52 of the game
• Played her first complete game against Saint Joseph's (Sept. 30)
• Made four saves without allowing a goal in the final 29 minutes of the NCAA Tournament second round game against Princeton
• Did not allow a goal in her final three appearances of the season and was a part of four team shutouts
• Also joined the Virginia softball team for second half of its season, making one appearance as a pinch runner
• Named to the United States' Under-19 Junior National Squad
• Played in five games, including taking on the Dutch Junior National Team, on a tour of The Netherlands
• Two-time first team All-CAL Division
• Two-time Herald First Team League MVP
• Led squad to two CAL Division championships
• Totaled 560 saves and .874 save percentage during prep career
• Served as team captain
• Played for Spirit of USA club team
• Participated in Junior Olympics, National Festival and Disney Showcase
• Won gold medal in 2011 at the National Festival
• National Honor Society member
• Served as president of Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Also played softball
• Daughter of Michael and Sharon Holden
• Has an older sister, Amber, and two younger brothers, Michael and Gregory
• Participated in ROTC for her first two years at Virginia
• English major
Holden's Career Statistics
Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 4 Virginia Faces No. 8 Boston College on Friday
Field Hockey | 9/21/2017
No. 4 Virginia hosts No. 8 Boston College on Friday, Sept. 22 at 5 p.m. at University Hall Turf...
Monday Virginia Field Hockey Game Time Moved to 1 p.m.
Field Hockey | 9/20/2017
Monday's field hockey game between Virginia and Pacific has been moved up to a 1 p.m. start time.
No. 5 Virginia Blanks Richmond, 7-0
Field Hockey | 9/17/2017
The Virginia field hockey team shut out Richmond, 7-0. Pien Dicke had her third hat trick of the ...
No. 5 Virginia Hosts Richmond on Sunday
Field Hockey | 9/16/2017
The No. 5 Virginia field hockey team hosts Richmond on Sunday, Sept. 17 at 12 p.m. at Turf Field.
No. 5 Virginia Wins 7-2 over No. 18 William & Mary
Field Hockey | 9/15/2017
Greta Ell scored the first hat trick of her career as the Cavaliers downed No. 18 William & Mary,...
No. 5 Virginia Hosts In-State Rivals this Weekend
Field Hockey | 9/14/2017
The No. 5 Virginia field hockey team takes on No. 18 William & Mary on Friday, Sept. 15 at 5 p.m....
Vittese, Lucas Named the ACC Players of the Week
Field Hockey | 09/11/2017
Midfielder Tara Vittese was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week while goalkeeper Carrera...
No. 10 Virginia Downs Michigan State, 6-1
Field Hockey | 09/10/2017
Pien Dicke had her second hat trick of the season as the Cavaliers defeated Michigan State, 6-1, ...
- Online Stores