Senior goalkeeper recognized after aiding an injured opponent
Caleigh Foust, Becca Zamojcin and Rebecca Holden were voted to the All-ACC Academic Team
Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Tara Vittese scored both of the Cavaliers' goals
Tara Vittese scores the game-winner 4:11 into overtime
• Appeared in the first four games of the season before being sidelined with an injury
• 2-2 record with a .742 save percentage
• Career record of 15-9 with a .703 save percentage
• Sole recipient of the 2015-16 ACC Sportsmanship Award
• ACC All-Tournament Team
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Co-captain with Lucy Hyams
• Appeared in 21 games with 15 starts, amassing a 9-5 record
• Made 10 saves, playing the entire overtime game against Penn State (Aug. 30)
• Made five stops in her 35 minutes in the net at Wake Forest (Oct. 8), without allowing a goal
• Made three stops without allowing a goal at Miami (Sept. 13)
• Played the entire games in the ACC Tournament, logging 15 saves, seven against Duke and eight against Syracuse
• Fourth in the ACC in saves (75) and saves per game (3.57)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 1-1 record in six appearances
• Was credited with the victory in the season-opener against William & Mary (Aug. 29), playing the first half in goal
• Took the loss at Iowa (Sept. 4)
• Held Boston U. to zero goals after taking over goalkeeping at the start of the second half, making two saves
• Redshirt season
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 10 games with four starts, amassing a 3-1 record
• Allowed seven goals (1.59 GAA) with 19 saves (73.1 save percentage) in her rookie campaign
• First start of her career came at Penn State (Aug. 26). She took the loss, with three saves and two goals allowed in 35 minutes of play
• Earned her first victory, getting the start against Towson (Aug. 31)
• Had a season-high eight saves at William & Mary, playing the first 44:52 of the game
• Played her first complete game against Saint Joseph's (Sept. 30)
• Made four saves without allowing a goal in the final 29 minutes of the NCAA Tournament second round game against Princeton
• Did not allow a goal in her final three appearances of the season and was a part of four team shutouts
• Also joined the Virginia softball team for second half of its season, making one appearance as a pinch runner
• Named to the United States' Under-19 Junior National Squad
• Played in five games, including taking on the Dutch Junior National Team, on a tour of The Netherlands
• Two-time first team All-CAL Division
• Two-time Herald First Team League MVP
• Led squad to two CAL Division championships
• Totaled 560 saves and .874 save percentage during prep career
• Served as team captain
• Played for Spirit of USA club team
• Participated in Junior Olympics, National Festival and Disney Showcase
• Won gold medal in 2011 at the National Festival
• National Honor Society member
• Served as president of Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Also played softball
• Daughter of Michael and Sharon Holden
• Has an older sister, Amber, and two younger brothers, Michael and Gregory
• Participated in ROTC for her first two years at Virginia
• English major
Holden's Career Statistics
Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tara Vittese Repeats as National Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA Division I National Player of the...
Cavaliers Earn All-State Honors from VaSID
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Tara Vittese was named the State Player of the Year while Dominique van Slooten was named the top...
Ole Keusgen Named as USA Field Hockey U-19 Coach
Field Hockey | 12/12/2016
Assistant coach Ole Keusgen has been selected to lead the U.S. U-19 Women's National Team and...
Hyams, Vittese Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/7/2016
Senior Lucy Hyams earned her second first-team All-America honor while junior Tara Vittese earned...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/1/2016
Virginia field hockey junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA South Region ...
Five Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/29/2016
Hyams and Vittese were named to the first team while Foust, Lucas and van Slooten earned second-t...
Virginia Falls on a Last-Second Goal in NCAA Quarterfinals
Field Hockey | 11/13/2016
Princeton scored the game-winner as time expired to end the Cavaliers' season. Erin Shanahan and ...
Virginia Downs Michigan in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/12/2016
Tara Vittese scored the game-winner midway through the second half. UVA will face Princeton on...
- Online Stores