Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Catching up with the sophomore back
The 2014 season kicks off on Friday, Aug. 29 at William & Mary
Jeannie Blackwood, Emily Faught, Emilia Tapsall and Macy Peebles make the cut
Cavaliers vying for roster spots on Women's National Championship squads
Field Hockey vs. North Carolina (by Jim Daves)
• Appeared in eight games with three starts before being sidelined with an injury
• Appeared in 19 games with 19 starts
• Made a defensive save in the first half of the NCAA first-round game against Delaware (Nov. 14)
• Played in 18 games with 16 starts
• Logged a defensive save in the overtime victory over Rutgers (Sept. 14)
• Played in 20 games with 12 starts
• Made her collegiate debut in the season-opener Aug. 30 vs. Louisville
• Made her first career start on Sept. 20 against North Carolina
• Started each of the final seven games of the regular season
• Was part of a defensive line that logged six shutouts in the regular season
• Had three defensive saves in the regular season, stopping shots against Maine, Northwestern and Albany
• Played field hockey, soccer, and basketball at Frank W. Cox High School
• 2012 first team All-State (Virginia)
• 2012 first team All-Beach District and first team All-Eastern Region
• 2011 second team All-Beach District
• National Honor Society and National English, Science, and Math Honor Societies
• Three-time Class President (2009, 2011-12), 2010 Class Treasurer
• Daughter of Nancy and Vaden Blackwood
• Has three older brothers, George, Scott, and Chris Blackwood, and an older sister, Georgia Kubic
• Systems Engineering major
Blackwood's Career Statistics
Weekend Notebook: Perrantes Hits HomestretchMen's Basketball2/24/17For point guard London Perrantes, the final regular-season road game of his UVA basketball career is Saturday afternoon at NC State.Casey's Return Buoys CavaliersBaseball2/22/17Derek Casey, who missed the 2016 season while recovering from Tommy John surgery, pitched five strong innings in No. 14 Virginia's home opener.Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Three Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/8/2017
Caleigh Foust was voted to the team for the fourth time while Carrera Lucas and Dominique van...
Tara Vittese Repeats as National Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA Division I National Player of the...
Cavaliers Earn All-State Honors from VaSID
Field Hockey | 12/14/2016
Tara Vittese was named the State Player of the Year while Dominique van Slooten was named the top...
Ole Keusgen Named as USA Field Hockey U-19 Coach
Field Hockey | 12/12/2016
Assistant coach Ole Keusgen has been selected to lead the U.S. U-19 Women's National Team and...
Hyams, Vittese Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/7/2016
Senior Lucy Hyams earned her second first-team All-America honor while junior Tara Vittese earned...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 12/1/2016
Virginia field hockey junior midfielder Tara Vittese was named the Longstreth/NFHCA South Region ...
Five Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/29/2016
Hyams and Vittese were named to the first team while Foust, Lucas and van Slooten earned second-t...
Virginia Falls on a Last-Second Goal in NCAA Quarterfinals
Field Hockey | 11/13/2016
Princeton scored the game-winner as time expired to end the Cavaliers' season. Erin Shanahan and ...
- Online Stores