Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Cavaliers improve to 3-0 on the season
Catching up with the sophomore midfielder
Catching up with the sophomore midfielder
Cavaliers takes down Scarlet Knights, 4-3, in overtime to win their fourth-straight game
• Appeared in 21 games with 18 starts
• Had assists at Rutgers (Sept. 4) and Louisville (Sept. 11)
• Set up Virginia's second goal in the NCAA first-round victory over Delaware (Nov. 14)
• Appeared in every game with three starts
• Had an assist against Rutgers (Sept. 14)
• Appeared in 16 games with three starts
• Made her collegiate debut on Aug. 30 against Louisville, taking one shot on goal
• Logged an assist in her second collegiate game against No. 6 Penn State
• Made her first collegiate start against Radford (Oct. 1)
• Took six shots, four on goal, during the regular season
• In her four years at Tabb High School, won three state championships and had one runner-up finish
• 2012 State Player of the Year (Virginia)
• 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School second team All-American
• 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-South Region
• Three-time first team All-State honoree (2010-12)
• 2012 Daily Press Player of the Year
• 2008-10 Futures Elite
• Also played club soccer for 10 years and was a cheerleader for two years at THS
• Member of the National Honor Society and the Scroll and Quill Honor Society
• Editor-in-Chief of her school newspaper
• Mother, Karen Fallon, played tennis at the US Naval Academy
• Father, Butch Peebles, played football at Gardner Webb
• Grandfather, Kenneth Peebles, played football and was a wrestler at UVa
• Grandfather, Michael Fallon, competed in hurling and Gaelic football at the University of Ireland, Galway
• Is the youngest of four sisters: Kathryn, Mallory and Shannon
• Sister, Mallory, played field hockey at Division III Mary Washington
• Politics major
Peebles's Career Statistics
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 3/6/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US U21 squad (March...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 3/2/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/05/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
- Online Stores