Senior Becca Zamojcin earns the honor for the third time
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke named to the first team
No. 10 Cavaliers host No. 7 Nittany Lions at noon on Sunday
Tara Vittese, Dominique van Slooten and Michele Madison earn top honors in a vote by the commonwealth’s sports information directors
Cavaliers earn VaSID All-State Honors
Field Hockey vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
- Longstreth/NFHCA All-South Region Second Team
- All-ACC Academic Team
- VaSID All-State First Team
- Ranked eighth in the country in assists per game (0.70) and tied for the ACC lead in that category
- Finished the season with 14 points on 14 assists. Also had one defensive save
- Finished her career with one goal, 25 assists and two defensive saves
- Had four assists in the season-opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25), just the second time in program history that a UVA player contributed four assists, matching the total from Michelle Vissuso against Davidson in a 1997 game
- Had a pair of assists in the 8-0 win over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Team captain
- Appeared in 24 games with 22 starts
- Had an assist against Duke (Sept. 9) and UConn (Sept. 18) and a two-assist game at William & Mary (Oct. 11)
- Had a defensive save at North Carolina (Oct. 7)
- VaSID Second-Team All-State
- Played in 20 games with 20 starts
- Scored her first collegiate goal against Richmond (Oct. 4), which was also the game-winner
- Logged an assist at Louisville (Sept. 11)
- Appeared in all 20 games and has started every game since Sept. 9 against Miami (Ohio)
- First career start on Aug. 31 at Penn State
- Logged an assist in her first career game at William & Mary
- Had two assists against Miami (Ohio)
- Also had assists against Princeton (Sept. 7) and at Richmond (Oct. 10)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
High School/Club Hockey
- Played both indoor and outdoor field hockey with club teams in The Netherlands in the National League, the highest national level, and has made it all the way to A1
- 2011-12 squad finished in second place in the top league and her indoor squad finished third in the national finals
- In 2012-13, her Laren team was in the top-six in The Netherlands
- Has a referee's certificate in the B-category (age 14-15) and has served as a referee for other youth teams.
- In 2010, played on a regional team with the 15 best players from the region
- Daughter of Hans de Koning and Mariette de Koning-Orlandini
- Father, Hans, played field hockey at the top level of the Dutch National League for Pinoké
- Has an older brother, Robin, and a younger sister Julie
- In academic honors, was a two-time Honor Award 6 VWO and Honor Award 5 VWO winner
de Koning's Career Statistics
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Nine Cavaliers Named to the NFHCA National Academic Squad
Field Hockey | 3/29/2018
Virginia field hockey had nine players named to the ZAG Field Hockey / NFHCA National Academic...
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 3/6/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US U21 squad (March...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 3/2/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/05/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
- Online Stores