Senior Becca Zamojcin earns the honor for the third time
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke named to the first team
No. 10 Cavaliers host No. 7 Nittany Lions at noon on Sunday
Tara Vittese, Dominique van Slooten and Michele Madison earn top honors in a vote by the commonwealth’s sports information directors
Cavaliers earn VaSID All-State Honors
Field Hockey vs. Miami (by Matt Riley)
- Longstreth/NFHCA All-South Region Second Team
- All-ACC Academic Team
- VaSID All-State First Team
- Ranked eighth in the country in assists per game (0.70) and tied for the ACC lead in that category
- Finished the season with 14 points on 14 assists. Also had one defensive save
- Finished her career with one goal, 25 assists and two defensive saves
- Had four assists in the season-opener against Fairfield (Aug. 25), just the second time in program history that a UVA player contributed four assists, matching the total from Michelle Vissuso against Davidson in a 1997 game
- Had a pair of assists in the 8-0 win over Drexel (Oct. 8)
- Team captain
- Appeared in 24 games with 22 starts
- Had an assist against Duke (Sept. 9) and UConn (Sept. 18) and a two-assist game at William & Mary (Oct. 11)
- Had a defensive save at North Carolina (Oct. 7)
- VaSID Second-Team All-State
- Played in 20 games with 20 starts
- Scored her first collegiate goal against Richmond (Oct. 4), which was also the game-winner
- Logged an assist at Louisville (Sept. 11)
- Appeared in all 20 games and has started every game since Sept. 9 against Miami (Ohio)
- First career start on Aug. 31 at Penn State
- Logged an assist in her first career game at William & Mary
- Had two assists against Miami (Ohio)
- Also had assists against Princeton (Sept. 7) and at Richmond (Oct. 10)
- ACC Academic Honor Roll
High School/Club Hockey
- Played both indoor and outdoor field hockey with club teams in The Netherlands in the National League, the highest national level, and has made it all the way to A1
- 2011-12 squad finished in second place in the top league and her indoor squad finished third in the national finals
- In 2012-13, her Laren team was in the top-six in The Netherlands
- Has a referee's certificate in the B-category (age 14-15) and has served as a referee for other youth teams.
- In 2010, played on a regional team with the 15 best players from the region
- Daughter of Hans de Koning and Mariette de Koning-Orlandini
- Father, Hans, played field hockey at the top level of the Dutch National League for Pinoké
- Has an older brother, Robin, and a younger sister Julie
- In academic honors, was a two-time Honor Award 6 VWO and Honor Award 5 VWO winner
de Koning's Career Statistics
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Five Cavaliers Competing at YWNC
Field Hockey | 6/20/2018
Nikki Freeman, Erin Shanahan, Colleen Norair, Lauren Hausheer and Makayla Gallen will compete at ...
Carrera Lucas Completes Test Series in Chile
Field Hockey | 5/25/2018
Goalkeeper Carerra Lucas competed with the US Women's National Development Team in a four-game...
Ole Keusgen Named as USA Field Hockey U-19 Head Coach
Field Hockey | 5/14/2018
Ole Keusgen will serve as the head coach for the U19 Junior National Team in addition to his UVA ...
Vittese and Kiser Claim UVA Top Honors
Field Hockey | 5/2/2018
Tara Vittese (field hockey) and Micah Kiser (football) were honored as Virginia’s top male ...
Virginia Field Hockey Reloads with Nine New Players
Field Hockey | 5/1/2018
The incoming class includes members of the US Women’s National Indoor Team, US and Dutch...
Nine Cavaliers Named to the NFHCA National Academic Squad
Field Hockey | 3/29/2018
Virginia field hockey had nine players named to the ZAG Field Hockey / NFHCA National Academic...
Virginia Announces Spring Competition Dates
Field Hockey | 03/06/2018
The Cavaliers will play three home scrimmages in March, including hosting the US U21 squad (March...
Tara Vittese Added to USWNT Roster
Field Hockey | 03/02/2018
Virginia senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named to the roster of the U.S. Women's National...
- Online Stores