Senior goalkeeper recognized after aiding an injured opponent
Caleigh Foust, Becca Zamojcin and Rebecca Holden were voted to the All-ACC Academic Team
Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Tara Vittese scored both of the Cavaliers' goals
Tara Vittese scores the game-winner 4:11 into overtime
• Appeared in the first four games of the season before being sidelined with an injury
• 2-2 record with a .742 save percentage
• Career record of 15-9 with a .703 save percentage
• Sole recipient of the 2015-16 ACC Sportsmanship Award
• ACC All-Tournament Team
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Co-captain with Lucy Hyams
• Appeared in 21 games with 15 starts, amassing a 9-5 record
• Made 10 saves, playing the entire overtime game against Penn State (Aug. 30)
• Made five stops in her 35 minutes in the net at Wake Forest (Oct. 8), without allowing a goal
• Made three stops without allowing a goal at Miami (Sept. 13)
• Played the entire games in the ACC Tournament, logging 15 saves, seven against Duke and eight against Syracuse
• Fourth in the ACC in saves (75) and saves per game (3.57)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 1-1 record in six appearances
• Was credited with the victory in the season-opener against William & Mary (Aug. 29), playing the first half in goal
• Took the loss at Iowa (Sept. 4)
• Held Boston U. to zero goals after taking over goalkeeping at the start of the second half, making two saves
• Redshirt season
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 10 games with four starts, amassing a 3-1 record
• Allowed seven goals (1.59 GAA) with 19 saves (73.1 save percentage) in her rookie campaign
• First start of her career came at Penn State (Aug. 26). She took the loss, with three saves and two goals allowed in 35 minutes of play
• Earned her first victory, getting the start against Towson (Aug. 31)
• Had a season-high eight saves at William & Mary, playing the first 44:52 of the game
• Played her first complete game against Saint Joseph's (Sept. 30)
• Made four saves without allowing a goal in the final 29 minutes of the NCAA Tournament second round game against Princeton
• Did not allow a goal in her final three appearances of the season and was a part of four team shutouts
• Also joined the Virginia softball team for second half of its season, making one appearance as a pinch runner
• Named to the United States' Under-19 Junior National Squad
• Played in five games, including taking on the Dutch Junior National Team, on a tour of The Netherlands
• Two-time first team All-CAL Division
• Two-time Herald First Team League MVP
• Led squad to two CAL Division championships
• Totaled 560 saves and .874 save percentage during prep career
• Served as team captain
• Played for Spirit of USA club team
• Participated in Junior Olympics, National Festival and Disney Showcase
• Won gold medal in 2011 at the National Festival
• National Honor Society member
• Served as president of Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Also played softball
• Daughter of Michael and Sharon Holden
• Has an older sister, Amber, and two younger brothers, Michael and Gregory
• Participated in ROTC for her first two years at Virginia
• English major
Holden's Career Statistics
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
Virginia Hosts Princeton on Saturday in NCAA First Round
Field Hockey | 11/9/2017
No. 5 Virginia hosts No. 11 Princeton at 2 p.m. on Saturday. No. 4 North Carolina plays No. 15...
Virginia to Host NCAA Field Hockey First and Second Rounds
Field Hockey | 11/5/2017
Virginia will face Princeton in a first-round match on Saturday Nov. 11 at 2 p.m. North Carolina ...
Virginia Falls 4-0 to North Carolina in ACC Semifinal
Field Hockey | 11/03/2017
The Virginia field hockey team was eliminated from the ACC Championship with a 4-0 loss to North ...
Virginia Begins ACC Championship Play on Friday
Field Hockey | 11/02/2017
The top-seeded Virginia field hockey team will take on North Carolina in the ACC Field Hockey...
- Online Stores