Senior goalkeeper recognized after aiding an injured opponent
Caleigh Foust, Becca Zamojcin and Rebecca Holden were voted to the All-ACC Academic Team
Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
Tara Vittese scored both of the Cavaliers' goals
Tara Vittese scores the game-winner 4:11 into overtime
• Appeared in the first four games of the season before being sidelined with an injury
• 2-2 record with a .742 save percentage
• Career record of 15-9 with a .703 save percentage
• Sole recipient of the 2015-16 ACC Sportsmanship Award
• ACC All-Tournament Team
• All-ACC Academic Team
• Co-captain with Lucy Hyams
• Appeared in 21 games with 15 starts, amassing a 9-5 record
• Made 10 saves, playing the entire overtime game against Penn State (Aug. 30)
• Made five stops in her 35 minutes in the net at Wake Forest (Oct. 8), without allowing a goal
• Made three stops without allowing a goal at Miami (Sept. 13)
• Played the entire games in the ACC Tournament, logging 15 saves, seven against Duke and eight against Syracuse
• Fourth in the ACC in saves (75) and saves per game (3.57)
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 1-1 record in six appearances
• Was credited with the victory in the season-opener against William & Mary (Aug. 29), playing the first half in goal
• Took the loss at Iowa (Sept. 4)
• Held Boston U. to zero goals after taking over goalkeeping at the start of the second half, making two saves
• Redshirt season
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Played in 10 games with four starts, amassing a 3-1 record
• Allowed seven goals (1.59 GAA) with 19 saves (73.1 save percentage) in her rookie campaign
• First start of her career came at Penn State (Aug. 26). She took the loss, with three saves and two goals allowed in 35 minutes of play
• Earned her first victory, getting the start against Towson (Aug. 31)
• Had a season-high eight saves at William & Mary, playing the first 44:52 of the game
• Played her first complete game against Saint Joseph's (Sept. 30)
• Made four saves without allowing a goal in the final 29 minutes of the NCAA Tournament second round game against Princeton
• Did not allow a goal in her final three appearances of the season and was a part of four team shutouts
• Also joined the Virginia softball team for second half of its season, making one appearance as a pinch runner
• Named to the United States' Under-19 Junior National Squad
• Played in five games, including taking on the Dutch Junior National Team, on a tour of The Netherlands
• Two-time first team All-CAL Division
• Two-time Herald First Team League MVP
• Led squad to two CAL Division championships
• Totaled 560 saves and .874 save percentage during prep career
• Served as team captain
• Played for Spirit of USA club team
• Participated in Junior Olympics, National Festival and Disney Showcase
• Won gold medal in 2011 at the National Festival
• National Honor Society member
• Served as president of Tri-M Music Honor Society
• Also played softball
• Daughter of Michael and Sharon Holden
• Has an older sister, Amber, and two younger brothers, Michael and Gregory
• Participated in ROTC for her first two years at Virginia
• English major
Holden's Career Statistics
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia's Late Rally Falls Short Against Maryland
Field Hockey | 10/17/2017
The Cavaliers rallied late in the game, including scoring two goals in the final two minutes, but...
Pien Dicke Named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
Freshman midfielder Pien Dicke was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time...
No. 4 Virginia Hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday at 5 p.m. for the Cavaliers...
No. 4 Virginia Picks up 2-1 Road Win at No. 7 Syracuse
Field Hockey | 10/14/2017
The Virginia field hockey team picked up a 2-1 road victory at No. 7 Syracuse to remain in a tie ...
No. 4 Virginia Plays at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday
Field Hockey | 10/13/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday at 1 p.m...
No. 3 Virginia Shuts Out Drexel, 8-0
Field Hockey | 10/8/2017
Pien Dicke had her fifth hat trick of the season as the Cavaliers logged their fifth shutout...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts Drexel on Sunday
Field Hockey | 10/07/2017
The No. 3 Virginia field hockey team closes its home stand by hosting Drexel on Sunday at 1 p.m.
No. 3 Virginia Falls 4-0 to No. 6 North Carolina
Field Hockey | 10/06/2017
The Virginia field hockey team had its nine-game win streak snapped with a 4-0 loss to North...
- Online Stores