Tara Vittese, Dominique van Slooten and Michele Madison earn top honors in a vote by the commonwealth’s sports information directors
Fourth-years Riley Tata and Caleigh Foust scored goals on Senior Day
Riley Tata scored two goals during regulation; Tara Vittese netted the game-winner 1:29 into overtime
Cavaliers earn VaSID All-State Honors
Lucy Hyams and Riley Tata teamed up for a breakaway game winner 8:13 into overtime
• Started every game this season
• Scored the game-winner against Old Dominion (Oct. 2) and at Richmond (Oct. 18)
• Scored two goals against Miami (Aug. 26), Rutgers (Sept. 2) and Richmond (Oct. 18)
• Tied for tenth on the Virginia career goal scoring list with 45
• 2015 Longstreth/NFHCA Division I All-South Region Second Team
• VaSID First-Team All-State
• Second on the team with 14 goals, shooting 31.1 percent
• Ranked sixth in the ACC in goals per game (0.67)
• Played in all 21 games with 16 starts
• Scored a pair of goals against both Duke (Sept. 18) and North Carolina (Oct. 2)
• Scored the game-winning goal at Duke (Sept. 18) and Miami (Sept. 13)
• Scored a hat trick in the loss to Boston College (10/24)
• Scored both the game-tying and game-winning goals in the NCAA first-round game against Delaware
• Played in all 20 games with 13 starts
• Third on the team in scoring with 10 goals
• For the second year in a row, scored Virginia's first goal of the year on her first shot of the season, netting the game-winner at William & Mary (Aug. 27)
• Had her first career hat trick with three goals against Vermont (Sept. 28)
• Also scored the game-winner at Princeton (Oct. 3) and had the game-winning goal in the 2-1 upset victory at No. 1 North Carolina (Oct. 3)
• Played in 18 games with six starts
• Finished the regular-season tied for second on the team with 20 points
• Finished the regular-season ranked second on the team with 10 goals
• Began her collegiate career scoring three goals on her first three shots (over a three-game span)
• Scored the first goal of the season for the Cavaliers, netting a score 1:51 into the season-opener against Louisville (Aug. 30)
• Had two multi-goal games, scoring twice at Vermont (Sept. 15) and against James Madison
• Scored the game-winning goals at Albany (Oct. 6) and against Duke (Oct. 18)
• Four-sport athlete at Norfolk Academy, playing field hockey, basketball, soccer, and lacrosse
• 2012 Harrow Sports/NFHCA High School All-South Region
• Two-time first team All-State and two-time first team All-Tidewater
• 2012 TCIS Player of the Year and Team MVP
• Led Norfolk Academy to the state tournament three times, advancing to the finals in 2010 and 2011
• All-time single season and career record holder at Norfolk Academy with 119 goals, 37 assists, and 275 points
• Three-time TCIS leading scorer (65 points- 2010; 95 points- 2011; 97 points- 2012)
• Member of the 2009 Commonwealth Games U-16 champion team
• Won the "Outstanding Female Athlete" award at Norfolk Academy
• Scored over 1,000 career points in her Norfolk Academy basketball career, earning first team All-TCIS honors in 2013 as Team MVP
• Was the leading scorer on the 2011 State Champion soccer team at Norfolk Academy
• Named All-State Second Team in soccer in 2010
• Daughter of Bob and Anne Ferrell Tata
• Has two older sisters, Peyton and Carter, and a younger brother, Robert
• Her grandfather, Bob Tata, played football and baseball at Virginia, being named All-Virginia Big Six in both sports. He was also a collegiate batting champion and played in the North-South Shrine All-Star Game
• Her father, Bob, played football at the Naval Academy, setting 17 Navy records as a kicker. He was second on the all-time scoring list when he graduated
• Was selected as a 2012 Virginia Beach Neptune Princess, one of 12 high-achieving rising seniors from across the city who served as ambassadors at events such as Special Olympics, parades, and the "Surfers Healing" autism fundraiser
• Participated in mission trips to India, Tanzania, and the Dominican Republic
• Spent three years volunteering for senate and presidential campaigns
• History major
Tata's Career Statistics
Williams Eager to Build on Legacy of SuccessGeneral Release10/23/17Carla Williams was introduced Monday as director of athletics Craig Littlepage's successor at UVA. Littlepage is retiring after 16 years as AD.Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 3 Virginia Shuts Out Miami, 4-0
Field Hockey | 10/22/2017
The No. 3 Virginia field hockey team picked up its seventh shutout of the season with a 4-0...
No. 3 Virginia Captures ACC Regular Season Title
Field Hockey | 10/21/2017
Pien Dicke scored the game winner with 2:09 remaining to give Virginia a 2-1 victory at No. 7...
No. 3 Virginia Plays Saturday at No. 7 Louisville
Field Hockey | 10/20/2017
The Virginia field hockey team will play at Louisville on Saturday at noon with the ACC regular-s...
Virginia's Late Rally Falls Short Against Maryland
Field Hockey | 10/17/2017
The Cavaliers rallied late in the game, including scoring two goals in the final two minutes, but...
Pien Dicke Named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
Freshman midfielder Pien Dicke was named the ACC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time...
No. 4 Virginia Hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday
Field Hockey | 10/16/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team hosts No. 16 Maryland on Tuesday at 5 p.m. for the Cavaliers...
No. 4 Virginia Picks up 2-1 Road Win at No. 7 Syracuse
Field Hockey | 10/14/2017
The Virginia field hockey team picked up a 2-1 road victory at No. 7 Syracuse to remain in a tie ...
No. 4 Virginia Plays at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday
Field Hockey | 10/13/2017
The No. 4 Virginia field hockey team has a top-10 showdown at No. 7 Syracuse on Saturday at 1 p.m...
- Online Stores