Cavaliers close out the regular-season home slate by hosting the Eagles on Saturday, Oct. 24 at 1 p.m.
The fourth-year shares her thoughts before Saturday's Senior Day game
Tara Vittese scores the game-winner 4:11 into overtime
Cavaliers improve to 3-0 on the season
Freshman Tara Vittese assists on four of Virginia's nine goals
Field Hockey vs. North Carolina (by Jim Daves)
NCAA Field Hockey vs. Iowa (by Matt Riley)
Field Hockey vs. St. Joseph's (by Matt Riley)
Field Hockey vs. Richmond (by Matt Riley)
• ACC All-Tournament Team
• Lone senior on the team
• Appeared in 19 games with nine starts
• Scored a goal in the season-opener against Drexel (Sept. 4) and at Delaware (Oct. 18)
• Set up Virginia's first goal against Syracuse in the ACC Tournament semifinals
• Appeared in 15 games with six starts
• Scored a goal in the season-opener against William & Mary, taking a season-high six shots
• Appeared in 17 games with one start against Radford
• Scored her lone goal of the season, the second of her career, at Vermont (Sept. 15)
• Played in all 22 games with six starts
• Recorded first career goal vs. Yale (Oct. 6)
• Had an assist against Richmond (Aug. 29)
• Took a season-high three shots (two on-goal) against Saint Joseph's (Sept. 30)
• Scored a goal in the exhibition game against the US U-21 squad
• Three-time VISAA all-state selection
• 2010 VISAA Division II Player of the Year
• Three-time all-state tournament team
• Four-time All-League of Independent Schools honoree
• Led Covenant in scoring for three seasons
• Two-time Futures Elite selection
• Played on Field Hockey Life club team
• Served as team captain
• Honor Roll member
• Also played lacrosse
• Daughter of Todd and Nicole Brown
• Has a younger brother, Hunter
• Media Studies major
Brown's Career Statistics
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Six Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Field Hockey | 2/2/2018
Six Virginia field hockey players were named to the All-ACC Academic team, including Becca...
Carrera Lucas Named to the US Women’s National...
Field Hockey | 1/19/2018
Virginia field hockey goalie Carrera Lucas has been named to the 2018 United States Women’s...
Rachel Robinson Named to the US Junior National Team
Field Hockey | 12/29/2017
Freshman back Rachel Robinson has been named to the roster of the 2018 United States U-21 Women...
Tara Vittese Earns Third National Player of the Year Honor
Field Hockey | 12/14/2017
Virginia field hockey senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been selected as the Longstreth/NFHCA...
Vittese and Dicke Named First-Team All-Americans
Field Hockey | 12/5/2017
Tara Vittese is the first Virginia player to be a four-time first-team All-American. Pien Dicke...
Tara Vittese Named South Region Player of the Year
Field Hockey | 11/28/2017
Senior midfielder Tara Vittese has been named the South Region Player of the Year for the third...
Six Cavaliers Earn All-South Region Honors
Field Hockey | 11/27/2017
Tara Vittese and Pien Dicke were named to the first team while de Koning, Lucas, Robinson and van...
Virginia's Season Ends in Double Overtime Loss
Field Hockey | 11/11/2017
Princeton scored the game-winner 8:13 into double overtime to down the Cavaliers 3-2. Tara...
- Online Stores