Valdosta, GA - The No. 15 Virginia women's golf team finished sixth in the 18-team Kinderlou Forest Challenge in Valdosta, Ga., the team's first spring tournament. Virginia finished at 32-over 908. The Cavaliers posted rounds of 302, 305 and 301 during the two-day event.
Junior Calle Nielson and freshman Brittany Altomare led the Cavaliers with scores of 8-over 227 to tie for 20th overall. Nielson had rounds of 76, 80 and 71 while Altomare shot 75, 76 and 76.
Freshman Nicole Agnello was 32nd overall at 229 while Eleana Collins placed 37th at 231. Whitney Neuhauser was 59th overall at 237.
Tulane took the team title at 13-over 889. The Green Wave's Janine Fellows won medalist honors by shooting 2-under 217. She was the only player to break par during the event.
"We were able to make up some ground during the final round," said head coach Kim Lewellen. "More than anything, we were just happy to get in three solid rounds of play after the challenges we had practicing with the weather the past few weeks."
The Cavaliers return to play next March 12-14 at the LSU/Cleveland Classic in Baton Rouge, La. Virginia won the tournament last season.
Kinderlou Forest Challenge
Kinderlou Forest Golf Club
Par-73, 6,265 yards
1. Tulane 293-296-300-889
2. Ohio State 302-292-302-896
3. Tennessee 299-298-304-901
4. Vanderbilt 300-302-301-903
4. Georgia 302-296-305-903
6. Virginia 302-305-301-908
7. Mississippi 307-299-307-913
7. Florida 295-309-309-913
9. LSU 299-308-308-915
10. Florida State 307-302-307-916
11. South Carolina 304-308-307-919
12. Kent Stat 307-303-311-921
13. Arkansas 308-313-305-926
14. North Carolina 318-318-309-945
15. Chattanooga 322-311-320-953
15. Kentucky 313-322-318-953
17. Kennesaw State 315-323-321-959
18. Mississippi State 323-321-320-964
1. Janine Fellows, Tulane 74-73-70-217
2. Marta Silva Zamora, Georgia 73-71-75-219
2. Marina Alex, Vanderbilt 71-74-74-219
4. Samantha Troyanovich, Tulane 71-75-74-220
4. Emma deGroot, Chattanooga 73-70-77-220
7. Amy Meier, Ohio State 79-70-73-222
7. Kelli Shean, Arkansas 74-76-72-222
7. Megan McChrystal, LSU 73-75-74-222
20. Calle Nielson 76-80-71-227
20. Brittany Altomare 75-76-76-227
32. Nicole Agnello 79-73-77-229
37. Eleana Collins 78-76-77-231
59. Whitney Neuhauser 73-86-78-237
No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Patrick's Final Round Sparks UVA to 3rd at FSU Match-Up
W. Golf | 2/10/2018
The No. 16 Virginia women's golf team posted a tie for third place at the Florida State Match-Up,...
Redding Leads UVA After First Day at FSU Match-Up
W. Golf | 2/9/2018
The No. 16 Virginia women's golf team used a strong second-round performance to finish the first ...
UVA Golfers Open Spring Slate at FSU
W. Golf | 2/7/2018
The No. 16 Virginia women's golf team opens the spring portion of its schedule this weekend at...
Former UVA Golfer Lauren Coughlin Earns 2018 LPGA Tour Card
W. Golf | 12/3/2017
Former Virginia women’s golfer Lauren Coughlin earned her way onto the 2018 LPGA Tour...
Former Hoo Lauren Coughlin in Contention for LPGA Tour Card
W. Golf | 12/2/2017
Former Virginia women’s golfer Lauren Coughlin has advanced to the final round of...
Virginia Finishes Fourth at Battle at the Beach
W. Golf | 11/5/2017
The No. 21 Virginia women’s golf team used a strong final-round performance to move up to a...
UVA Opens Battle at the Beach in Sixth Place
W. Golf | 11/03/2017
The No. 21 Virginia women’s golf team shot 6-over 290 and is tied for sixth place after the...
UVA is Seventh After 36 Holes at Battle at the Beach
W. Golf | 11/04/2017
– The No. 21 Virginia women’s golf team shot 7-over 291 during Saturday’s...
- Online Stores