Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Seniors score 14 of Virginia's 17 goals on Senior Night
Casey Bocklet scored four goals with three assists
Casey Bocklet scored five goals with three assists
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the victory
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• All-ACC Second Team
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Started all 18 games
• Led team with 22 caused turnovers
• Second on the team with 35 ground balls
• Finished with 10 goals, 16 assists to total 26 points
• Scored a season-high two goals against Johns Hopkins (5/13) in the NCAA first round
• Tallied a career-high four caused turnovers at Notre Dame (3/19)
• Picked up a career-best four ground balls against Richmond (2/24) and Louisville (4/16)
• Had three or more ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Started all 19 games
• 26 points with 17 goals and 9 assists
• 24 ground balls, 15 draw controls and 8 caused turnovers
• Scored hat tricks at Richmond and William & Mary
• Scored the game-winner against Harvard and against Louisville
• Picked up three ground balls at Syracuse, at William & Mary and in the regular-season contest against Notre Dame
• Appeared in all 21 games with 17 starts
• 26 points with 16 goals and 10 assists
• 27 ground balls, 18 draw controls and 11 caused turnovers
• Scored her first collegiate goal on Feb. 18 against Richmond, also getting her first collegiate assist in the same game
• Six multi-goal performances, but is still seeking her first career hat trick
• Contributed four points with two goals and two assists against American (April 1)
• Had a four-game goal-scoring streak snapped against Notre Dame, but had an assist in that contest. Also picked up a career-best four ground balls
• Won a career-high five draw controls in the victory at Virginia Tech
• Scored two goals with an assist in the NCAA Tournament Semifinals victory over North Carolina
• Forced a turnover and picked up the ensuing ground ball in the final 30 seconds of the North Carolina game, helping to cement the Cavalier victory
• Made her first career appearance against William & Mary
• Played in three games including at Old Dominion and at American
• Played four seasons of varsity lacrosse, soccer, and basketball at Glen Ridge High School
• 2012 US Lacrosse All-American in lacrosse
• 2012 first team All-State, 2011 second team All-State
• Led her high school team in assists and draw controls all four years
• As a soccer player earned All-County and All-Conference honors as well as being named the 2011 NNJ Midfielder of the Year
• In basketball, earned All-County and All-Conference honors
• Daughter of Thomas and Monica Alati
• Youngest of four siblings with two older sisters, Aimee and Ali, and an older brother, Thomas
• Father, Thomas, played lacrosse at Maryland and Kutztown University
• Sister, Ali, played lacrosse at Townsend; brother, Thomas, played lacrosse at the University of Scranton
• Was a member of the National Art Honor Society while at GRHS
• Her major is History
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Maggie Jackson Named VaSID Player of the Year
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson was named the Virginia Sports Information Director’s Women’s...
Jeff White: Catching Up With Cherie Greer Brown
W. Lacrosse | 6/19/2017
A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks...
Robyn Nye Inducted into US Lacrosse National Hall of Fame
W. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia women’s lacrosse All-American Robyn Nye Wood selected to US Lacrosse...
Jackson and Behr Earn IWLCA All-America Honors
W. Lacrosse | 5/17/2017
Sophomore Maggie Jackson and junior Kasey Behr were named to the 2017 IWLCA All-American Teams.
Virginia Ends Season with Loss to UNC in NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/14/2017
The No. 13 Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 23-12 to No. 2 North Carolina to close its...
Virginia Takes on No. 2 Seed North Carolina in NCAA Second...
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team continues play in the 2017 NCAA Championship against No....
Virginia Advances to NCAA Second Round on Sunday
W. Lacrosse | 05/12/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team advanced to the NCAA second round with an 11-9 victory...
Virginia Has Four Players Earn IWLCA All-Region Honors
W. Lacrosse | 05/12/2017
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team had four players selected to the Intercollegiate Women...
- Online Stores