Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Seniors score 14 of Virginia's 17 goals on Senior Night
Casey Bocklet scored four goals with three assists
Casey Bocklet scored five goals with three assists
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the victory
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-South Region Second Team
• All-ACC Second Team
• VaSID All-State First Team
• Started all 18 games
• Led team with 22 caused turnovers
• Second on the team with 35 ground balls
• Finished with 10 goals, 16 assists to total 26 points
• Scored a season-high two goals against Johns Hopkins (5/13) in the NCAA first round
• Tallied a career-high four caused turnovers at Notre Dame (3/19)
• Picked up a career-best four ground balls against Richmond (2/24) and Louisville (4/16)
• Had three or more ground balls in seven games
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Started all 19 games
• 26 points with 17 goals and 9 assists
• 24 ground balls, 15 draw controls and 8 caused turnovers
• Scored hat tricks at Richmond and William & Mary
• Scored the game-winner against Harvard and against Louisville
• Picked up three ground balls at Syracuse, at William & Mary and in the regular-season contest against Notre Dame
• Appeared in all 21 games with 17 starts
• 26 points with 16 goals and 10 assists
• 27 ground balls, 18 draw controls and 11 caused turnovers
• Scored her first collegiate goal on Feb. 18 against Richmond, also getting her first collegiate assist in the same game
• Six multi-goal performances, but is still seeking her first career hat trick
• Contributed four points with two goals and two assists against American (April 1)
• Had a four-game goal-scoring streak snapped against Notre Dame, but had an assist in that contest. Also picked up a career-best four ground balls
• Won a career-high five draw controls in the victory at Virginia Tech
• Scored two goals with an assist in the NCAA Tournament Semifinals victory over North Carolina
• Forced a turnover and picked up the ensuing ground ball in the final 30 seconds of the North Carolina game, helping to cement the Cavalier victory
• Made her first career appearance against William & Mary
• Played in three games including at Old Dominion and at American
• Played four seasons of varsity lacrosse, soccer, and basketball at Glen Ridge High School
• 2012 US Lacrosse All-American in lacrosse
• 2012 first team All-State, 2011 second team All-State
• Led her high school team in assists and draw controls all four years
• As a soccer player earned All-County and All-Conference honors as well as being named the 2011 NNJ Midfielder of the Year
• In basketball, earned All-County and All-Conference honors
• Daughter of Thomas and Monica Alati
• Youngest of four siblings with two older sisters, Aimee and Ali, and an older brother, Thomas
• Father, Thomas, played lacrosse at Maryland and Kutztown University
• Sister, Ali, played lacrosse at Townsend; brother, Thomas, played lacrosse at the University of Scranton
• Was a member of the National Art Honor Society while at GRHS
• Her major is History
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Virginia Cruises Past No. 21 Elon
W. Lacrosse | 2/17/2018
The No. 14 Virginia women’s lacrosse team (1-0) cruised to a 17-4 win over No. 21 Elon (0-2...
Women’s Lacrosse Game vs. Elon Moved to Noon
W. Lacrosse | 2/16/2018
The Virginia women’s lacrosse home game against Elon on Saturday, Feb. 17 has been moved to...
No. 14 Virginia Hosts No. 21 Elon in Season Opener
W. Lacrosse | 2/16/2018
The No. 14 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will open the 2018 season by hosting No. 21 Elon ...
Jeff White: Jackson Comfortable in Leading Role
W. Lacrosse | 2/16/2018
As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw...
Women’s Lacrosse Home Broadcasting Schedule Announced
W. Lacrosse | 2/8/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced today its spring season live broadcasting and...
Three Players Named Preseason All-ACC
W. Lacrosse | 2/7/2018
Three members of the Virginia women’s lacrosse team were named to the Preseason All-ACC Team.
Davenport & Klöckner Clear Bag Policy & Entry...
W. Lacrosse | 01/31/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced today (Jan. 31) its clear bag policy and entrance...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse 2018 Schedule Released
W. Lacrosse | 01/04/2018
Virginia women’s lacrosse announced its 2018 schedule on Thursday (Jan. 4).
- Online Stores