Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Women's Lacrosse Academic Team
Casey Bocklet named to the first team
Blue, Bocklet, Stephens and Swan named to the first team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
The Virginia women's lacrosse team fell 13-9 in the 2013 NCAA Quarterfinals at UNC.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-America Third Team
• IWLCA All-South Region First Team
• Mid-season addition to the Tewaaraton Watch List
• VaSid All-State Second Team
• Finished her career ranked seventh on the Virginia all-time career goals list with 139
• Fifth on the Virginia all-time career draw controls list with 135
• Had a streak of 42-consecutive games contributing points that dated back to the 2013 season snapped in the ACC Tournament loss to Notre Dame
• Ninth in the ACC in goals per game (2.47) and draw controls per game (2.37)
• Led the team with 47 goals, third with 60 points
• Had 12 hat tricks including back-to-back three-goal performances in the NCAA Tournament
• Had hat tricks in three consecutive games during three different stretches of the season
• Had four five-point games including scoring four goals with an assist in the regular-season finale against Virginia Tech
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• IWLCA Third Team All-American
• IWLCA All-South Region First Team
• Was named to the All-ACC Academic Team for the third time
• VaSID All-State First Team
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Led the team with 56 goals. Second in points (66) and draws (59)
• Has scored a goal in 27 consecutive games, a streak dating back to the 2013 season
• Averaged 2.67 goals per game, ranking eighth in the ACC and 32nd in the nation
• Averaged 2.81 draw controls per game, ranking 11th in the ACC and 75th in the nation
• Contributed six points with three goals and three assists in the victory over No. 6 Boston College
• Scored five goals in the ACC Tournament game against No. 1 Maryland
• scored 11 goals in the four games since the end of the regular season.
• Scored two goals with two assists while winning three draw controls in the NCAA Semifinal victory over North Carolina
• Scored two or more goals in nine of the last 12 games of the season
• Scored 12 goals in the five games after the end of the regular season (ACC and NCAA Tournaments)
• Has a fifth year of eligibility available so may return next season
• Missed the first seven games of the season due to injury and illness
• Has 13 points in the five games since the end of the regular season (two ACC and three NCAA) with 12 goals and an assist
• Scored her first goal of the season in her fifth game of the year at Boston College
• Scored a career-high four goals, including three in the first half, in the ACC Tournament first-round victory over Duke
• Had her second hat trick of the season with a three-goal performance in the NCAA First Round victory over Penn
• Ended the NCAA Tournament with seven goals and an assist, including scoring the game-winner against Penn
• Had a span of four straight games (3/23-4/2) in which she won at least one draw control
• Member of the ACC All-Academic Women's Lacrosse Team
• Appeared in all 19 games with 16 starts
• Scored 17 goals with two assists and 20 draw controls
• Named the WomensLax.com Rookie of the Week (Feb. 20) after scoring twice, recording an assist, picking up two ground balls, causing a turnover and tallying five draw controls in an upset of No. 7 Loyola in the season opener
• Scored her first career hat trick with three goals against Syracuse
• Scored at least one goal in the first eight games of her career
• Had back-to-back games with five draw controls against Loyola and Richmond
• A redshirt season
• Competed one season for the Virginia field hockey team (2010), appearing in 18 games with three starts
• Has made it to an NCAA Tournament Semifinal with two different Cavalier teams (field hockey and lacrosse)
• Two-time first-team All-American ('09, '10)
• Two-time first-team Academic All-American ('09, '10)
• Under Armour All-American ('10)
• Three-time IAAM Conference All-Star ('08, '09, '10)
• Two-time Baltimore Sun second-team All-Metro ('09, '10)
• Garrison Forest's Emblem Award for field hockey and lacrosse ('10)
• Garrison Forest's Athletic Award ('10)
• Graduated Cum Laude
• National English Merit Scholar
• Full name is Elizabeth Denison Blue
• Daughter of Liz and Henry Blue
• Has two brothers, Henry and Peter
• Father, Henry, played golf at UVa, and mother, Liz, played tennis and rowed for the Cavaliers
• Her major is Kinesiology
'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.Unorthodox Move Paying Off For CollinsTrack & Field, Cross Country2/4/16Cam Collins transferred in 2014 from Hampden-Sydney College, where he played basketball, to UVA, where he competes on the track & field team.Signing Day Ends Happily for 'HoosFootball2/3/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall's first recruiting class at Virginia consists of 24 players, nine of whom attend high schools in the state.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Women's Lacrosse Fall Ball Recap
W. Lacrosse | 10/30/2015
The Virginia women's lacrosse team played six different teams on five dates during fall ball in...
Women's Lacrosse Names 2016 Team Captains
W. Lacrosse | 9/28/2015
Virginia women's lacrosse head coach Julie Myers announced that fourth-years Mary Alati (Glen...
UVa Women's Lacrosse Partners with STX
W. Lacrosse | 9/25/2015
The Virginia women's lacrosse team signed a five-year agreement for STX to be the exclusive...
Women's Lacrosse Announces Fall Schedule
W. Lacrosse | 8/28/2015
The Virginia women's lacrosse team released its fall training schedule that will include five...
Virginia Women's Lacrosse Earns IWLCA Academic Honors
W. Lacrosse | 8/25/2015
The Virginia women's lacrosse team, along with four individual student-athletes, were recognized ...
Courtney Swan Named ACC Women's Lacrosse Scholar-Athlete of ...
W. Lacrosse | 6/22/2015
Kelly Boyd, Liza Blue, Kelsey Gahan and Rachel Vander Kolk joined Courtney Swan on the All-ACC...
Courtney Swan Named Virginia's Nominee for NCAA Woman of the...
W. Lacrosse | 06/19/2015
Cavalier women's lacrosse attacker Courtney Swan has been named as Virginia's nominee for the...
Courtney Swan Earns Capital One Academic All-America Third...
W. Lacrosse | 06/11/2015
Virginia women's lacrosse senior attacker Courtney Swan (Vero Beach, Fla.) has been named to the ...
- Online Stores