Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Women's Lacrosse Academic Team
Casey Bocklet named to the first team
Blue, Bocklet, Stephens and Swan named to the first team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
The Virginia women's lacrosse team fell 13-9 in the 2013 NCAA Quarterfinals at UNC.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-America Third Team
• IWLCA All-South Region First Team
• Mid-season addition to the Tewaaraton Watch List
• VaSid All-State Second Team
• Finished her career ranked seventh on the Virginia all-time career goals list with 139
• Fifth on the Virginia all-time career draw controls list with 135
• Had a streak of 42-consecutive games contributing points that dated back to the 2013 season snapped in the ACC Tournament loss to Notre Dame
• Ninth in the ACC in goals per game (2.47) and draw controls per game (2.37)
• Led the team with 47 goals, third with 60 points
• Had 12 hat tricks including back-to-back three-goal performances in the NCAA Tournament
• Had hat tricks in three consecutive games during three different stretches of the season
• Had four five-point games including scoring four goals with an assist in the regular-season finale against Virginia Tech
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• IWLCA Third Team All-American
• IWLCA All-South Region First Team
• Was named to the All-ACC Academic Team for the third time
• VaSID All-State First Team
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Led the team with 56 goals. Second in points (66) and draws (59)
• Has scored a goal in 27 consecutive games, a streak dating back to the 2013 season
• Averaged 2.67 goals per game, ranking eighth in the ACC and 32nd in the nation
• Averaged 2.81 draw controls per game, ranking 11th in the ACC and 75th in the nation
• Contributed six points with three goals and three assists in the victory over No. 6 Boston College
• Scored five goals in the ACC Tournament game against No. 1 Maryland
• scored 11 goals in the four games since the end of the regular season.
• Scored two goals with two assists while winning three draw controls in the NCAA Semifinal victory over North Carolina
• Scored two or more goals in nine of the last 12 games of the season
• Scored 12 goals in the five games after the end of the regular season (ACC and NCAA Tournaments)
• Has a fifth year of eligibility available so may return next season
• Missed the first seven games of the season due to injury and illness
• Has 13 points in the five games since the end of the regular season (two ACC and three NCAA) with 12 goals and an assist
• Scored her first goal of the season in her fifth game of the year at Boston College
• Scored a career-high four goals, including three in the first half, in the ACC Tournament first-round victory over Duke
• Had her second hat trick of the season with a three-goal performance in the NCAA First Round victory over Penn
• Ended the NCAA Tournament with seven goals and an assist, including scoring the game-winner against Penn
• Had a span of four straight games (3/23-4/2) in which she won at least one draw control
• Member of the ACC All-Academic Women's Lacrosse Team
• Appeared in all 19 games with 16 starts
• Scored 17 goals with two assists and 20 draw controls
• Named the WomensLax.com Rookie of the Week (Feb. 20) after scoring twice, recording an assist, picking up two ground balls, causing a turnover and tallying five draw controls in an upset of No. 7 Loyola in the season opener
• Scored her first career hat trick with three goals against Syracuse
• Scored at least one goal in the first eight games of her career
• Had back-to-back games with five draw controls against Loyola and Richmond
• A redshirt season
• Competed one season for the Virginia field hockey team (2010), appearing in 18 games with three starts
• Has made it to an NCAA Tournament Semifinal with two different Cavalier teams (field hockey and lacrosse)
• Two-time first-team All-American ('09, '10)
• Two-time first-team Academic All-American ('09, '10)
• Under Armour All-American ('10)
• Three-time IAAM Conference All-Star ('08, '09, '10)
• Two-time Baltimore Sun second-team All-Metro ('09, '10)
• Garrison Forest's Emblem Award for field hockey and lacrosse ('10)
• Garrison Forest's Athletic Award ('10)
• Graduated Cum Laude
• National English Merit Scholar
• Full name is Elizabeth Denison Blue
• Daughter of Liz and Henry Blue
• Has two brothers, Henry and Peter
• Father, Henry, played golf at UVa, and mother, Liz, played tennis and rowed for the Cavaliers
• Her major is Kinesiology
End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.'Hoos Ecstatic To Be Dancing AgainWomen's Basketball3/13/18In its first NCAA appearance since 2010, Virginia (18-13) will meet California (21-10) in the first round Friday at 5 p.m. in Columbia, S.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 8 Virginia Powers Past No. 21 Notre Dame
W. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team used a balanced offensive attack to pick up an ACC...
No. 8 Virginia Returns to ACC Play at No. 21 Notre Dame
W. Lacrosse | 3/16/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team returns to ACC action when it travels to No. 21...
No. 8 UVA Falls in a Shootout at No. 13 Loyola, 19-18
W. Lacrosse | 3/14/2018
The No. 8 Virginia Cavaliers (5-2) overcame a five-goal deficit, but fell late to the No. 13...
No. 8 Virginia Travels to No. 13 Loyola Maryland
W. Lacrosse | 3/13/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will be on the road at No. 13 Loyola Maryland on...
No. 6 Virginia Falls 13-9 to No. 5 North Carolina
W. Lacrosse | 3/10/2018
The Cavaliers led 6-4 at halftime, but a second-half rally by the Tar Heels gave UVA its first...
No. 6 Virginia Hosts No. 5 North Carolina Saturday
W. Lacrosse | 3/9/2018
The No. 6 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts No. 5 North Carolina (3-2) on Saturday at 1 ...
No. 9 Virginia Outlasts No. 5 Syracuse 17-16
W. Lacrosse | 03/04/2018
The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team held on for a 17-16 win over No. 5 Syracuse on...
No. 9 Virginia Meets No. 5 Syracuse in ACC Home Opener
W. Lacrosse | 03/03/2018
The No. 9 Virginia women’s lacrosse team hosts No. 5 Syracuse in its Atlantic Coach...
- Online Stores