Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Casey Bocklet named to the first team
Blue, Bocklet, Stephens and Swan named to the first team
Four Cavaliers score hat tricks in the win
Bocklet and Stephens named to the first team; Swan earns second-team honors
The Virginia women's lacrosse team in the 2014 NCAA Semifinals
Women's Lacrosse NCAA vs. Princeton (by Matt Riley)
Women's Lacrosse at Duke (by Matt Riley)
The Virginia women's lacrosse team fell 13-9 in the 2013 NCAA Quarterfinals at UNC.
Women's Lacrosse vs. Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
• IWLCA All-America First Team
• IWLCA All-South Region First Team
• Preseason Tewaaraton Watch List
• Tewaaraton nominee
• All-ACC First Team
• 2015 Virginia Women's Lacrosse Coaches Award of Excellence
• VaSID State Player of the Year
• VaSid All-State First Team
• Just the ninth player in program history to tally over 200 career points
• Ranks ninth on the Virginia career points list with 205
• Ranks fifth on the Virginia career assists list with 83
• Three-time ACC Offensive Player of the Week
• ACC leader in points per game (4.05), second in assists per game (1.74) and 11th in goals per game (2.32)
• Had a team-high 77 points with 44 goals and 33 assists
• Ended her career contributing points in 38 consecutive games dating back to the second game of the 2014 season
• Had 11 points in the two NCAA Tournament games, scoring a combined six goals with five assists
• Seven games contributing five or more points
• Nine hat tricks
• Scored a career-high six goals in the regular-season finale against Virginia Tech
• Named ACC Co-Player of the Week and Lacrosse Magazine National Player of the Week (March 24) after scoring four goals against Duke, on four shots, while also adding an assist and logging one goal with three assists at JMU
• Followed that by being named ACC Player of the Week (March 31) after recording a hat trick and adding two assists against previously-unbeaten Boston College and contributing eight points (5g, 3a) at William & Mary
• ACC Player of the Week (April 14) after scoring four goals with three assists in the win over Louisville
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• VaSID All-State Second Team
• Preseason All-ACC
• Tewaaraton Watch List
• Tied for team lead with 27 assists. Third with 61 points and fourth with 34 goals.
• Tied for seventh in the ACC in assists per game and 16th in points per game (2.90)
• Has an active 20-game point streak heading into next season
• Had a 12-game goal-scoring streak snapped against BC
• Had four-straight games with three assists (ODU, American, Notre Dame, BC)
• Contributed six points (four goals, two assists) against American (April 1)
• Scored three goals with three assists in the ACC Tournament games
• Scored four goals with four assists in the NCAA Tournament including scoring two goals with three assists in the semifinal victory over UNC
• IWLCA All-America third team
• IWLCA All-South Region second team
• Mid-season addition to the Tewaaraton Watch List
• Named to the ACC All-Tournament team with five goals and two assists in the Cavaliers
• VaSID All-State University Division Women's Lacrosse Player of the Year
• VaSID All-State first team
• Had ten points in the NCAA Tournament, scoring seven goals with three assists
• Led the Cavaliers in goals (44), assists (23) and points (67)
• Ranked 39th among all NCAA players in points and 55th in goals and 50th in assists
• Began her Cavalier career with a hat trick in her first game against Loyola
• Scored a season-high five goals at William & Mary, also adding an assist for six points
• Seven hat tricks including scoring three goals in the ACC Tournament first-round victory over Duke and four in the NCAA first round game against Penn
• Scored at least one goal in 11-straight games to start the season
• Only had one game (at Boston College) in which she did not have a goal or an assist
Transferred to Virginia after playing 2012 at Northwestern
• Appeared in 22 games with four starts for the 2012 NCAA Champion Wildcats
• Finished second on the team with 22 assists
• Notched five points on four assists and one goal in preseason play against Team England at Champion Challenge in Florida
• Two assists and three ground balls in collegiate debut, an 18-6 win at Stanford on Feb. 10
• Career-best four points (2g, 2a) vs. Oregon
• Two assists in her first career start, a 13-12 overtime win vs. Ohio State
• Took on a featured role as a feeder in the championship game win over Syracuse and finished with one goal
• Four-year letterwinner in lacrosse and a two-year captain for John Jay
• Two-time Under Armour All-American and four-time all-section honoree
• Featured as the No. 4 recruit on attack and the No. 13 overall recruit in the country by ESPN Rise.
• Finished with 438 career points, including 281 goals
• Also won two letters in field hockey, earning all-section honors and being named the team's offensive MVP as a junior (missed senior season due to injury)
• Four-time Academic All-American for lacrosse
• Daughter of Barry and Terry Bocklet
• Brother, Chris, played lacrosse at Virginia, winning a national title with the team in 2011
• Two other older brothers also played Division I lacrosse: Mike (Fairfield '07) and Matt, a national champion while playing for Johns Hopkins and a current member of the Denver Outlaws of Major League Lacrosse
• Her major is Sociology
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Roller-Coaster Season Ends in NCAAs
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
Virginia, making its 23rd consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament, lost 15-12 to No. 3 seed...
Virginia Ends Season with 15-12 Loss to JMU
W. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia women’s lacrosse team fell 15-12 to JMU in the 2018 NCAA Second Round on...
Virginia Plays No. 3 seed JMU in NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/12/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will play No. 3 seed James Madison on Sunday (May...
Virginia Defeats Stanford to Advance to NCAA Second Round
W. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team advanced to the 2018 NCAA Second Round with a 12-...
Virginia Has Four Players Earn IWLCA All-Region Honors
W. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Virginia women’s lacrosse had four players selected to the IWLCA All-South Region Teams.
Virginia Plays Stanford to Open NCAA Tournament
W. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
The No. 18 Virginia women’s lacrosse team will begin play in the 2018 NCAA Tournament by...
Kasey Behr Selected Seventh Overall in WPLL Draft
W. Lacrosse | 05/08/2018
Senior Virginia women’s lacrosse midfielder Kasey Behr (Northport, N.Y.) was selected...
Virginia Earns At-Large Bid to 2018 NCAA Tournament
W. Lacrosse | 05/06/2018
The Virginia women's lacrosse team (9-9) earned its 23rd consecutive NCAA Championship bid,...
- Online Stores